Reddaway | YRC finally pulls the plug

Yep it's true. Come Jan 1st Reddaway will be dissolved and the freight will be fed into YRC's network. This will be Zollar's parting gift to all his loyal employees......

the only problem with that is yrc wont keep very much of it.

I was afraid of this. Last year Paffenroth warned you guys that if you didn't accept the concessions , you would be shut down. Guess he was right. I am surprised it took this long. Maybe this is just a scare tactic to soften you guys up for the upcoming vote. Seems they are "willing " to negotiate.
Just who is Paffenroth negotiating for?
It's the old "with friends like him" line.

the only problem with that is yrc wont keep very much of it.
The customers will run for the hills.......the one with the big FedEx sign on it......and the smaller hill with the little OHFL sign too.

Fact #2 I haven't rejoined since the 2010 crash of this board, not the original 08 or 07 crash (yes I've been around that long).

The board never crashed. Jeff decided to upgrade the software for the forum.

The board never crashed. Jeff decided to upgrade the software for the forum.

Every site upgrades. Why did thousands of posts disappear? Any answer given here, would just be disrespectful to the guys who took their time to post here.

Every site upgrades. Why did thousands of posts disappear? Any answer given here, would just be disrespectful to the guys who took their time to post here.

The old forum is still here if you need to go look for something, there it is
Truckingboards Archive (Closed see below) - Index

The converter was not playing well with the old forum, messing up posts, formatting wrong, nothing was lining up right so we decided to just keep the old forum up for reference and build a new one to move forward... Very few liked the old forum, and it was hard for me to work with.
Truckingboards activity is up about 43% since august 14 so the move was a good one for Truckingboards...

The post with the link was linked to a forum that is not allowed to be linked to here at this forum.
I must have not been very clear of what I was looking for. Sorry for the screw up Jeff
I did read the so called letter that I reached on a link that was posted on a message in this form.
If this letter is real I can not believe that it is not posted at other places in cyber space. I do believe that it could be verified but could not find it again to send off a copy to someone that could make a call and verify it.
On another point do you not think the IBT and YRCWD would put this out their for all to see ?? I am beginning to think it is not the real deal.
Who ever has the name of the banned forum PM it to me Thanks

Why have'nt you posted it here? You post every other article you come across, our are you just messin' with us?
I wasn't messing with ya..But I can't bring it here..The letter I saw said something along the lines of the "union' reddaway terminals may be being closed or something along them lines...Don't know about the non terminals...but something is in the works...If ya know any reddaway guys frokm Portland or /eugene they could tell ya the details.

Terminal manager and the BA announced this yesterday, that Reddaway was closing down and the teamsters from there would "end-tail" into yrc.

BS Slave! I dont need to Pm anyone. If it was out there...it would be here! You Yes voters don't quit do ya!?
It's not BS..I don't have to lie..Letters were sent top Eugene and Portland drivers....I'm not lying..Reddaway has changes on the way.

It's out there and i ain't here.

Last edited by a moderator:
BS Slave! I don't need to Pm anyone. If it was out there...it would be here! You Yes voters don't quit do ya!?
Not a voter but a retiree with a pension in Western States Fund that may be affected by the outcome of this mess.
I have read the letter and it is posted at all Reddaway union barns in the Northwest.
YRC to shut down reddaway line haul operations after the first of the year if the vote goes through.

I have read this memo and must have missed the part about "if the vote goes through".
Maybe there is more than one mystery memo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a voter but a retiree with a pension in Western States Fund that may be affected by the outcome of this mess.
I have read the letter and it is posted at all Reddaway union barns in the Northwest.
YRC to shut down reddaway line haul operations after the first of the year if the vote goes through.

Read it again. It says "Line Terminal Facilities", not line haul operations.