Reddaway | YRC finally pulls the plug

Read it again. It says "Line Terminal Facilities", not line haul operations.
What is the difference between a Line Terminal Facilities and line haul operations ??? A play on words ??
As a note to all of the Holland and New Penn and other YRCWD people the majority of Reddaway is non union here in the West.

What is the difference between a Line Terminal Facilities and line haul operations ??? A play on words ??
As a note to all of the Holland and New Penn and other YRCWD people the majority of Reddaway is non union here in the West.

Why is this with the last best ever contract we have card check language even with the last best ever MOU.
Has anyone even asked you to sign cards?????

Well the minority that is Union....won't be after this vote! You guys weren't organized so they arent scared. They sent out the scare to the few that are!

The term 'Line Terminal Facility', is the formal name for a freight terminal. You have a freight 'line". Along this line there are "terminal facilities" ( we know them as the shortened 'terminal' ). The language in the letter in question has nothing to do with line haul or city PUD, as we know it to be. They are threatening to close both terminals, and in my estimation, not try to run the freight around them, they'll just turn all the traffic to the YRC terminals in the area for service.

The term 'Line Terminal Facility', is the formal name for a freight terminal. You have a freight 'line". Along this line there are "terminal facilities" ( we know them as the shortened 'terminal' ). The language in the letter in question has nothing to do with line haul or city PUD, as we know it to be. They are threatening to close both terminals, and in my estimation, not try to run the freight around them, they'll just turn all the traffic to the YRC terminals in the area for service.
Strongly agree !!

I've seen the documentation. PM the threadstarter YRCblows for the actual thing.

BS Slave! I dont need to Pm anyone. If it was out there...it would be here! You Yes voters don't quit do ya!?
2 whole days and plenty of posts, and no PM slave---People don't want to see it. It's funny though, how people translate me into a yes voter.:LMAO:

Read it again. It says "Line Terminal Facilities", not line haul operations.
One needs to stop and think that we're dealing with a company that only deals in masterfreight terms, and this is their language.

2 whole days and plenty of posts, and no PM slave---People don't want to see it. It's funny though, how people translate me into a yes voter.:LMAO:

One needs to stop and think that we're dealing with a company that only deals in masterfreight terms, and this is their language.
I saw it..thanks for the PM. I just dont usually respond to them! I dont know the Reddaway lingo so I don't really know what it means!

I saw it..thanks for the PM. I just dont usually respond to them! I dont know the Reddaway lingo so I don't really know what it means!
I assume you're talking to me by the quote, and I don't know what PM you're talking about, I've never PM'ed you.

the only terminals that they might close is the one's that the people voted to not take the pay cut last year like everybodys did.... You have been working at top wages all this time, and now you will pay for being greedy...... Long live the NW union....:moon2:

You have been working at top wages all this time, and now you will pay for being greedy...... Long live the NW union....:moon2:
pay for being greedy????????????
By that you must mean, pay for taking the working wage which was bargained for over the years, which didn't even keep up with the rate of inflation, and didn't come close to making up for the concessions that started in the 80's. That would be the same wage at which the nons are based on to keep the union out.
Are you a non (not knocking it)??????? But if you are, thank a Masterfreight Teamster for the wage you're enjoying, both pre and post 15%.
Greedy, I didn't know that word could be used so comically.
Wanna see greedy???......
Take a trip to Overland Park KS, and ask 'em why they had to buy every trucking company that drove by the building.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom S., the Secretary-Treasurer for Local 81 in Portland, said that he had the letter stating that Reddaway will be closed and the workers end tailed into YRC.

Why exactly would the workers be end tailed and not dove tailed?

Somebody said that they are not NMFA, but does that really matter?

Is there precedence for end tailing Teamsters from another board onto a board that is under the NMFA?

Reddaway is white paper, and their contract calls for dovetailing. NMFA says their language supersedes all others and calls for end tailing. I would hope that the Reddaway locals involved would argue this into whatever venue takes care of these things, because there is a clear and direct conflict here.
The must be a precedence somewhere, but I can't think of one.

So is this to be a complete closure of Reddaway or just a few terminals? The terminals that were closed in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico were not able to end or dovetail into YRC but were put on a preferential hire list if and only if you applied within 60 days of closure and only considered if all regular layed off Yellow and Roadway employees were back at work ( like that was going to happen ). Then you could only apply at a facilty within your Teamster Regional Area. This will be interesting to see how this plays out. I guess it depends on if this is considered a merger or closure of terminals.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to be insinuating that terminals that vote no will be closed.
Not the ones that vote,its the ones that
voted no back in oct 09. You know the ones I called GREEDY,It is those barns that thought they shouldnt take a pay cut when the rest of us did,including the So cal union barns...

Sorry people this is what you call a internet troll ! Come on makes one post trying to stir up trouble then leaves !

4288639700_9b2f605c6c.jpg

Why is it that anyone who says something you don't like is a TROLL?

Reddaway Teamsters Fight to Save Jobs

October 22, 2010: Some 400 Reddaway Teamsters in Washington and Oregon are fighting to save their jobs, alongside their local union leaders. But they wonder why the International Union isn't doing more to help them.

Reddaway is the western regional carrier owned by YRC. Some of its terminals are nonunion, and some are under regional white-paper Teamster contracts.

The locals recently reached a tentative agreement with Reddaway, and are prepared to put to the members for a vote.

But YRC top management is apparently blocking the agreement, and International Union officials are not helping the locals. Some top IBT officials want to see Reddaway folded into YRC, with Reddaway Teamsters "endtailed" at the bottom of the YRC seniority list. That would put many of them out of a job, because most Reddaway freight would likely be lost.

It's time for the International Union to be part of the solution to save these Teamster jobs. Isn't that what the whole YRC deal is supposed to be about?
Reddaway Teamsters Fight to Save Jobs | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

October 22, 2010: Some 400 Reddaway Teamsters in Washington and Oregon are fighting to save their jobs, alongside their local union leaders. But they wonder why the International Union isn't doing more to help them.

Reddaway is the western regional carrier owned by YRC. Some of its terminals are nonunion, and some are under regional white-paper Teamster contracts.

The locals recently reached a tentative agreement with Reddaway, and are prepared to put to the members for a vote.

But YRC top management is apparently blocking the agreement, and International Union officials are not helping the locals. Some top IBT officials want to see Reddaway folded into YRC, with Reddaway Teamsters "endtailed" at the bottom of the YRC seniority list. That would put many of them out of a job, because most Reddaway freight would likely be lost.

It's time for the International Union to be part of the solution to save these Teamster jobs. Isn't that what the whole YRC deal is supposed to be about?

when your a "white paper contract" union. your a step child, a third class sc@b. Why should the IBT help save our jobs when they can just TAKE our jobs and give em to their members that are laid-off ??? Thats why most people in So cal do want the crappy 3rd tier union.. You come to us with the NMFA and we would sign up right away.....

WOW aren't you the observant one !!! I posted that 20 day's ago and you bring it up now ? Things change !!!!!!!!!!! That article you quote was from today NOT TWENTY DAY"S AGO as the post of mine was from !!!!