Yellow | YRCF Ship of Fools

Speaking of incompetence and not giving a :::shit:::.. .... I went in yesterday... After the weekend and my lift was no where to be seen. Good lift.. Round tires anyways... So I wonder where it is I looked all over the dock and figured maybe it's in for maintenence. So.. I take care for a customer and go down to the shop and see it inside with the scale and blades completely separate from the mast. No hoses.. Wires anything hooked up. Come to find out the "oh well :::shit::: happens guy" tore the whole front end off!
Now it's gonna be down awhile while I have to use a lift with square tires that no one uses. So it's not only at the top... It's at the bottom too. And how are we not held responsible for this. If it were a mirror on a tractor.... You certainly would have an incident there! Cameras are rolling.... So much :::shit::: Goin on they can't keep up with it.
Oh... And by the way this "oh well guy" has more than one lift down by the shop... I noticed another one he uses down there. Don't know what's wrong with it.
It's not a brotherhood and no one thinks of the next guy coming in... Or sets up a load for the next person to easily set a skid in there...
Sorry... I'm pissed.. Or was.... Got it off my chest now... Whew.. That felt good... OK.. Back to work!
do you ever consider that instead of wasting the time hunting down that lift and figuring out what the problem was and getting upset about it, as a matter of fact holding that until you can post it on TB, and you say back to work, are you online while working the dock? Instead maybe you could have just hopped up on another lift and done your job....I know it's a crazy idea, but that's how I was raised when I was young I worked for my dad and his foot would have been so far up my ass my breath would have smelled like feet if I wasted time like that and pouted like a little girl because I didn't get to drive my regular lift. I hope everyone realizes why YRC is at 99 but let's blame it on the new "non union" people they are bringing in from Conway. By the way the one guy is supposedly an expert on cutting dead head miles out, so the drivers better get ready to start complaining about having to haul freight in their trailers all the time and not being able to drive around with an empty box or two. I forgot though it is managements fault, sometimes I feel sorry for those guys who have to put up with some of the Prima Dona's that work there. Have a Great Night Brothers, stay safe!

Dock is small.. I can see across the length... I did get on another lift and do my Job... So don't assume I am whining. You may have took it that way.
Wasting time? Management does that more than I.
I am at home. I work afternoons... Man you assumed alot.
Just explaining. Take it or leave it. Your post was worse than mine because of all the assumptions.
My point in the post is no matter what you tear up... Lift... Tractor.. Trailer... YOU.. should be held responsible.
P. S.
Yes I am pissed someone tore up the lift I share with others.
You would be too.
Tractor... Lift... Someone ***** in your tractor.... Or puts it in the shop you won't like it.
And don't lie... You wouldn't like it.
This lift will be down for months as slow as they are getting parts...

do you ever consider that instead of wasting the time hunting down that lift and figuring out what the problem was and getting upset about it, as a matter of fact holding that until you can post it on TB, and you say back to work, are you online while working the dock? Instead maybe you could have just hopped up on another lift and done your job....I know it's a crazy idea, but that's how I was raised when I was young I worked for my dad and his foot would have been so far up my ass my breath would have smelled like feet if I wasted time like that and pouted like a little girl because I didn't get to drive my regular lift. I hope everyone realizes why YRC is at 99 but let's blame it on the new "non union" people they are bringing in from Conway. By the way the one guy is supposedly an expert on cutting dead head miles out, so the drivers better get ready to start complaining about having to haul freight in their trailers all the time and not being able to drive around with an empty box or two. I forgot though it is managements fault, sometimes I feel sorry for those guys who have to put up with some of the Prima Dona's that work there. Have a Great Night Brothers, stay safe!
Wow! This coming from a Holland road driver. You wanna see tears and snot bubbles, tell a Holland roadman that his tractor was put out of service.

Speaking of incompetence and not giving a :::shit:::.. .... I went in yesterday... After the weekend and my lift was no where to be seen. Good lift.. Round tires anyways... So I wonder where it is I looked all over the dock and figured maybe it's in for maintenence. So.. I take care for a customer and go down to the shop and see it inside with the scale and blades completely separate from the mast. No hoses.. Wires anything hooked up. Come to find out the "oh well :::shit::: happens guy" tore the whole front end off!
Now it's gonna be down awhile while I have to use a lift with square tires that no one uses. So it's not only at the top... It's at the bottom too. And how are we not held responsible for this. If it were a mirror on a tractor.... You certainly would have an incident there! Cameras are rolling.... So much :::shit::: Goin on they can't keep up with it.
Oh... And by the way this "oh well guy" has more than one lift down by the shop... I noticed another one he uses down there. Don't know what's wrong with it.
It's not a brotherhood and no one thinks of the next guy coming in... Or sets up a load for the next person to easily set a skid in there...
Sorry... I'm pissed.. Or was.... Got it off my chest now... Whew.. That felt good... OK.. Back to work!
Do you bid lifts ?

One bid lift. ... Small eight people on outbound. If they show up. And we are always short. 12 lifts... At least 2 are always down. 4 are down now.
Not complaining just explaining! So don't email me!
:funky:

So help me understand are issue you point out management issues or issues that we Teamsters need handle like we did 30 years ago when I got in this business we use to handle these issues between us Teamsters when did this stop and why??

Hey... I can't tell anyone what to do. I'm just a lumper. And I don't tell other people what to do and I don't snitch on em. I may post things that happen here but I use no names.
So if you are insinuating I am snitch... Your wrong. I do my job with what they give me and go home. Cameras are their snitches.
P. S.
We are all grown men.... 50-60 plus years old. If you are doing it wrong or bust stuff up no advice is gonna a help or change him... Them... Or anybody..

Workman comp from square tires should get them fixed.
Ya... They fix ::shit:: after someone get hurt... Never fails.
Seen it too many times. Simple fixes too.
Another P. S. ..... Break is done... Yes I did this on my break..... So don't harp on me doing this on company time.... Lol.

Teamsters need handle like we did 30 years ago when I got in this business we use to handle these issues between us Teamsters when did this stop and why??

Let's try one more time. The answer to this specific question is cameras , HR and snitches. Today when people get their feeling hurt they run to HR and snitch then the camera footage might come into the picture (pun intended)

speaking of Cameras , HR and snitches, 509 placed a employee out of service pending an investigation for removing a sweeper key and placing it on the floorboard of said sweeper. Claiming theft and violating corporate respect policy. This is udder useless B.S. Total waste time and money. Hopefully the bastard makes them pay.

speaking of Cameras , HR and snitches, 509 placed a employee out of service pending an investigation for removing a sweeper key and placing it on the floorboard of said sweeper. Claiming theft and violating corporate respect policy. This is udder useless B.S. Total waste time and money. Hopefully the bastard makes them pay.
Why did he hide the key? A message to the next sweeper man? Got to figure out a defense for the grievant!