Yellow | YRC's redheaded stepchild DALLAS TX 511

Bart was correct in his sumation of chris616's post the company achieved what it wanted to but i really doubt that everything has been rerouted . due to but where the post came from and his lack of post history first post just another person trying to scare people .probably someone inside the company because no temasters would be able to see that . And what about misqouting and deception this board is full of mis quotes and deception .

I've been a proud Teamster for 17 years. I was stating a fact. I've been on this board for over 7 years. Just because I don't argue on here doesn't mean I don't read all the post. I saw the memo on rerouting freight around 511 for the whole east coast. Ask your supervisor. Not trying to scare anyone. It is a fact! When it takes 10 days to get freight coast to coast, something needs to change. We lose customers because of that. Lose customers=lose jobs!

I've been afound the board awhile. ...just dont post much.
Been a Teamster 26+ years.
My post about rerouting is the truth also.

The only reason i stated it the way it was stated was your comment about it being changed in the computer. Now if you would have said Company memo stated load around dallas that would have been more believable for a teamster to see. Either way the company has just lost a big grievance over deversion of freight by there own admission .

Doesn't matter about that loss of money due to diversion of freight. Its not the companies money that they are losing.Its our money we gave to them.Keep it up 511 you're helping out other terminals in the system

As a city driver, I will ask a customer for west coast freight or east coast freight. Something YRC has a chance making service on. I will not ask for Dallas freight, and make the customer mad. Sorry, it is what it is. And this goes on all over the country, every day.

What goes on all over the country ? Could it be the thing that Dallas gets blamed for. No that couldn't be it no other terminals ever do that. B UL L SH IT...........

Call us men of 745 @ 511 nuts. Well yes we have a set. Plus the muscles to back up what we believe in. All the men ask is for the Co. to manage instead they mismanage in the hopes that they can pissoff everyone first they came after the dockmen and 2dock ladies( but one of them is debatable if she is a lady but all agree she is an ot *****) to drive down production now they are going after the citymen and they choose to bring in S CAB S also they started mis loading trailers to drive down production. Do we have a theme going on here yes,drive down production RASINGKANE now banned started a thread awhile ago posing the possibility that management was deliberately mis managing terminals to divert freight out of certain terminals even before all the **** happened at 511. Now Management is doing all in its power to place blame on the union for what they have caused by mismanagement. Anyone ever heard of a diversionary moves. To deflect blame onto someone else happens alot in geopolical conflicts. And war which was what the local Co. management wanted.

First off, I believe every barn has it's own "dysfunctional" employees. I'm probably one of them!
I fought Roadway for the first 12 years of my career. That's right, 12 years of a brutal war!
Plenty of days where I didn't desire to clock in, knowing what dog/horse dung lay ahead of me.

Guess what, 26 years later, I'm still here. All of my adversaries are gone.
Terminated 3 times, used & abused, 100's of discipline letters. Hundreds more grievances filed for contract violations.
And now once again, I'm having to throw my seniority around because the current group of management are control freaks.

I suggest that ANY & ALL harassment filed on a grievance form get forwarded to your YRCF H/R rep.
File grievances for every single contract violation. Help all employees involved to file grievances also.
If you do not get satisfaction from your BA, contact his superiors! Then contact your Joint Council!!!

A few tricks. File complaints with Federal and State agencies.
Contact your local CHP office for equipment/haz-mat violations.
Contact OSHA for workplace violations.
Contact your Labor Board. Texas Workforce Commission - Workforce and Unemployment Resources

Solidarity is the key.
Get ALL disgruntled employees to adhere to what I have suggested above and you will win the battle.
It could take 3 months. 6 months. Maybe even a year.
But I guarantee, once you get H/R involved AND Federal/State agencies involved, the war will be won!

Before I was placed on lay off, worked 22:00-06:00 switching off Sun/Mon which meant I worked every Fri & Sat night. That was with 23 years. Everything I've seen on here is belly aching. We NEVER had many weekend off bids with exception of the city guys and top dogs.

That is just SAD! 23 years and probably 1/2 of your life, but you were subjected to slave labor every single Friday & Saturday???
AND after all that sacrificing for the "master" you were on lay-off duty???
Were/are you not angry???

As a city driver, I will ask a customer for west coast freight or east coast freight. Something YRC has a chance making service on. I will not ask for Dallas freight, and make the customer mad. Sorry, it is what it is. And this goes on all over the country, every day.

Wow picking freight by feeling ain't that swell and you even took time find out it goes on everyday
Gee! You're the Bestest

I hear you there. I ask "are you sure you want to send that yrc? Don't you want it to get there this week?" Or "good thing that's going fedex, they will smash it up real nice and fast"

Not a big poster, but have to say come hell or high water Dallas road drivers back Dallas dockmen. We'd rather any response be a bonafide, union endorsed slow down...but we'll take it as it comes (or goes). Just smart to pick your battles and your tactics rather than knee jerk respond to whatever corner they paint you in. If your running loose cannon they can manipulate you because they know what your reaction will be before they pull a stunt. I say better to be calculated - respond through our leadership: pick our battles - but hit like a brick.

I see a lot of greedy "brothers" on here who's opinions are colored by how much of Dallas's work they think their masters will give them if they jump ant fetch. Well jump and fetch then. Don't need you around anyhow.

I dont think all of us road drivers appreciate all the lunacy that goes on day in and day out at 511.All the work that us road drivers have lost because of idiotic behavior.We have lost so many single run bids it aint even funny anymore.we all would like to support our Teamster brothers and sisters at 511.but when all the lunacy and idiotic things go on at that yard and most of all of our road drivers lose money.thats where our support stops.Dock, city, yard people are able to come to work and make a check and act all stupid.While some of our road drivers sit at home because of production slows or that our bid sleeper teams get delayed a ton of hours a week in some cases without pay.then those sleeper drivers cant turn the yard to continue their bid schedule.whereby causing a loss of income.I and many other road drivers dont support our brother teamster that cuts our work and our regular scheduled home time.until your personal name is headlined on the doors of our trucks and trailers and other company effects.Then you ought to think very hard about your lunacy.there are grievance channels to use before you start slitting your brother's throats.Maybe you all might want to collect some money and put it into a kitty for the times you all do decide to "work safe" or slow production down and hurt another brother's ability to work and make a pay check.there are penalties for such idiotic actions

Divide and Conquer in full effect and for the company its working to perfection. If your bottom line is money then there is no way you can be a dedicated Teamster. Its more than money involved here. Workers rights are being violated in which many people lost more than money to obtain for todays workforce. It's really simple and this is it in the most simple of terms :;;;;;;;As U can see when the company abuses one division of the Teamsters it finds a way to Negatively Effect all Teamsters.....PERIOD. If WE DON"T pull together we will definately fall apart.!

I dont think all of us road drivers appreciate all the lunacy that goes on day in and day out at 511.All the work that us road drivers have lost because of idiotic behavior.We have lost so many single run bids it aint even funny anymore.we all would like to support our Teamster brothers and sisters at 511.but when all the lunacy and idiotic things go on at that yard and most of all of our road drivers lose money.thats where our support stops.Dock, city, yard people are able to come to work and make a check and act all stupid.While some of our road drivers sit at home because of production slows or that our bid sleeper teams get delayed a ton of hours a week in some cases without pay.then those sleeper drivers cant turn the yard to continue their bid schedule.whereby causing a loss of income.I and many other road drivers dont support our brother teamster that cuts our work and our regular scheduled home time.until your personal name is headlined on the doors of our trucks and trailers and other company effects.Then you ought to think very hard about your lunacy.there are grievance channels to use before you start slitting your brother's throats.Maybe you all might want to collect some money and put it into a kitty for the times you all do decide to "work safe" or slow production down and hurt another brother's ability to work and make a pay check.there are penalties for such idiotic actions

Do you honestly believe you are the only ones losing money. We have layed off men at 511 that believe in the cause and h ell we have men that know this is getting ready to cause them to be laid off again who believe in the cause. When you road men think your the only ones effected YOU ARE SADLY MISTAKEN. You have said time and time again there is a grievance that can be filed over our concerns. Well they have been filed repeatedly with the same out come most of the time they pay and keep repeating the same BS then they take it two steps in the opposite direction. You yourself has said that is your 15% well it's our 15%also. Do you have any idea how much the dallas management pays out in grievances each month it's a sickening dollar figure . They **** away problably more money just to show the men that what they say goes. Well that ship has went. And another thing do the L/H side of the company respect your seniority well the city side doesnt give a rats ass about seniority they force senior men to unassigned when they didn't even bid on it or award the job to the lower men because they are not qualified. So you mean to tell a senior man that sorry your days off get split because you can drive. Not Our problem you created this because Rdwy still hired non qaulified even after they bought all they way up to the merger. It was a company wide policy you must be qualified to be hired. I understand the medical disqualify. So to yhose I really don't have a problem. I'mgetting off my soup box before i blow a gasket any worse then I already have. Lord knows i don't want to get banned due to to long of a post.

Mod Note: Nobody gets banned for a long post....You need to give up on the banning issue though.....KK

Last edited by a moderator:
you would never get up on that soap box if you had to use it to load a up and over. another dock only hater.
eol I understand not needed dockmen but you would of never made it if it were not for dedicated dockmen doing what you never could.
you guys in tx are so bad why did you roll on your back when it came to the MOU votes.
if you voted the mou then live with it and do your jobs,
stop all the chest thumping and earn that fair days pay.when that happens seems the other bs takes care of itself.

it would be nice if what happened in dallas stayed in dallas!!! but it does not!!!! what happens down there seems to have an affect on other terminals !!!!! you guy's have problems !!!! fine!!! you want to fight with the company fine!!!! but keep the bull**** in your own backyard!!!!

Boosis you don't have dog in this fight so back off right now. Go to Holland like your post says also your last stub you said was from may if im not mistaken. So it sounds to me your already pissed or lazy yes your not the only person getting screwed in this.