Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 92 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 247 72.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if I step on toes but in the post by RYC2332 about "being unskilled labor" boils my blood.
Next I'm going to hear that management makes the money. Unskilled labor is labor that can be
assigned a task and trained in a day or so. SKILLED labor has credentials like a CDL and Med card.
SKILLED labor completes tasks like backing something that scares others into a dock many times daily.
Skilled labor is what we are and don't let ANYONE tell you differently. Next I'll hear that doctors are unskilled labor.

"unskilled labor"

Are we unskilled labor?? Definitely not. We are a skilled trade that does things that others couldn't do or won't do.
Grab your salesman and tell him to back a rig into a city dock. He couldn't even get it out of the yard without an
accident. Well, maybe some could BUT having a CDL with hazmat endorsements and med cards mean we're
certified employees and NOT unskilled labor. We're right up there with doctors, lawyers, and other trained professionals
that work under managements eye. Management has grown into an oversized mass that sucks the revenue out of
a profitable company and then blames the employees. Stand up for yourself for once. You can't be replaced
because there isn't a "dime a dozen" workforce filling out applications. Be proud.

Not stepping on my toes, I understand from all angles. It takes some time to learn the equiptment/skill we use everyday. Some pick it up quick, some never do.

I'm sorry if I step on toes but in the post by RYC2332 about "being unskilled labor" boils my blood.
Next I'm going to hear that management makes the money. Unskilled labor is labor that can be
assigned a task and trained in a day or so. SKILLED labor has credentials like a CDL and Med card.
SKILLED labor completes tasks like backing something that scares others into a dock many times daily.
Skilled labor is what we are and don't let ANYONE tell you differently. Next I'll hear that doctors are unskilled labor.

I agree totally. Not a cakewalk on the dock either!

Are we unskilled labor?? Definitely not. We are a skilled trade that does things that others couldn't do or won't do.
Grab your salesman and tell him to back a rig into a city dock. He couldn't even get it out of the yard without an
accident. Well, maybe some could BUT having a CDL with hazmat endorsements and med cards mean we're
certified employees and NOT unskilled labor. We're right up there with doctors, lawyers, and other trained professionals
that work under managements eye. Management has grown into an oversized mass that sucks the revenue out of
a profitable company and then blames the employees. Stand up for yourself for once. You can't be replaced
because there isn't a "dime a dozen" workforce filling out applications. Be proud.

Thanks for setting up this poll. I hope the numbers that are displayed will be indicative of the actual results. I'm quite certain if a no vote prevails they'll come back to us with a counter. Thanks again

Thanks for setting up this poll. I hope the numbers that are displayed will be indicative of the actual results. I'm quite certain if a no vote prevails they'll come back to us with a counter. Thanks again

I agree with you 100%. I can't believe for one minute that they proposed this deal without having another one as a backup!

Taking a picture of your ballot would be a great idea for proof of how you voted! Actually everyone casting a vote should take a picture of there ballot! On our last vote a 3rd party company "Hartfield Resolution Group" was hired to count the votes. That was the right and fair way as a 3rd party has no interest either way who prevails! This time around the union is appointing whoever they choose to count the votes. I wonder who they will pick. There will also be at least 2 YRC employees who will be observing. Also, how will they be selected. I don't want to distrust my teamster brothers but all of us have been through a lot and deserve the up most truthfulness regarding the outcome! I heard from other road drivers that the Union Officials were doing it this way so they had total control how everything was handled. We deserve a honest and accurate count and this all seems rather odd that it wouldn't be conduct in the same manner as the last vote. The Union said it's because there wouldn't be enough turn around time for mailed out ballots but I beg to differ! I think it gives them the power they want to control everything! I want to trust and hope this is on the up and up but it sure seems different! There's over 160 locals and 26,000 voters. Now I know not everybody will vote but the ones who take the time to cast a ballot should feel confident that nothing was fudged and all votes were tallied correctly! Remember that all teamster voters have the right to be an observer when the ballots are counted! As many voters that can stick around after for the count would be a really good thing! Ask the counter to physically hold up the ballot so you can keep count along with them! If everybody would do this at there local it should pretty an accurate count! Good Luck to you all!!:wavey:

Hey moderators can you please close this thread, surely we don't want conflicting polls up causing an inaccurate current pole
The no voters are gonna get what they want in due time it seems the vote and sentiment are leaning their way but are by any means tactics necessary
I like many others clicked on this poll looking for current tallies and you see what happens
We have a current poll and many other places to comment or even start new threads than to have 2 polls up at the top
If I'm wrong then please leave it as it is
But if you feel I'm right and fairness is being suspect at the least then at least can we indicate in some way this is the old poll for the people who still want to keep their job and not persuaded in a manner to believe that their vote won't matter

Who cares , what it is it is campaign is over voting starts in the am....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey moderators can you please close this thread, surely we don't want conflicting polls up causing an inaccurate current pole
The no voters are gonna get what they want in due time it seems the vote and sentiment are leaning their way but are by any means tactics necessary
I like many others clicked on this poll looking for current tallies and you see what happens
We have a current poll and many other places to comment or even start new threads than to have 2 polls up at the top
If I'm wrong then please leave it as it is
But if you feel I'm right and fairness is being suspect at the least then at least can we indicate in some way this is the old poll for the people who still want to keep their job and not persuaded in a manner to believe that their vote won't matter
:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

You never answered my question, you called me weak and spineless
Was I weak and spineless when I voted no the last time
Or did I become weak and spineless when I agreed with the union that says this is the best we can get at this time with the situation of yrc

Status
Not open for further replies.