Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 92 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 247 72.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. These people jump from one high paying job to the next. I've watched as all of my past TMs that were let go over the past 4 years (6 of them) find new management jobs within a couple of months. The jump won't be so easy for drivers.

Vote Yes and take their money while you look for/find another job.

Vote Yes and keep YRC paying into Central States for the next 5 years which drags out their existence.

Vote Yes to support a unionized trucking industry.

Vote Yes because it's still a good job for yourself and your family.
It took a 4th give back to make you realize you should be looking for another job.... You will vote yes to whatever they throw at you....

Vote no according to President Hoffa.one of the few things ive strongly agreed with him on.its no from the Union President good enough for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

It took a 4th give back to make you realize you should be looking for another job.... You will vote yes to whatever they throw at you....

So if that's how you feel. WHY are you still here. Perhaps you should heed your own advice.

So if that's how you feel. WHY are you still here. Perhaps you should heed your own advice.
I did that in 08 to maintain the pay & benefits I once enjoyed until people like you want to give everything back.... I work for ABF....

I did that in 08 to maintain the pay & benefits I once enjoyed until people like you want to give everything back.... I work for ABF....

Then why do you feel compelled to come to the YRC forum and give advice? We are already overloaded with economists and financial experts.

When your vote can affect my future the answer is yes.......When our contract was up you had no problem giving your 2 cents worth on the ABF board.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I'm not looking for another job. I will if I have to - fortunately I've helped out enough YRC customers in my area over the last 30+ years that I'm sure I can find something. The difference is that my job at YRC even with these concessions STILL beats the total compensation package of anywhere comparable. Besides, if they do file for bankruptcy and we hit that pension fund, many of us are prevented from finding other driving jobs.

If YOU can't live with these concessions, then you should be looking for another opportunity. But you should vote YES in the meantime to keep the paycheck rolling while you look. It's always easier to find a job when you already have a job.

Of course I wouldn't vote yes to anything. I was seriously considering a no vote if the overtime change stuck in the final proposal. But as it stands, this proposal doesn't cost many drivers at my barn as much as changing jobs will. I know what's out there - and while there may be tons of other jobs in major cities, it certainly isn't true for the majority of YRC employees spread out across the country.

When your vote can affect my future the answer is yes.......When our contract was up you had no problem giving your 2 cents worth on the ABF board.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I did. Apparently you've forgotten what I was posting. ABF was not and is not in imminent danger of bankruptcy. Therefore the concessions ratified by you are unnessacery.
Also most of my postings were related to ABF's FUTILE litigation against YRCW and the IBT. Which as I recall was heartily endorsed by many on that forum, yourself included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I did. Apparently you've forgotten what I was posting. ABF was not and is not in imminent danger of bankruptcy. Therefore the concessions ratified by you are unnessacery.
Also most of my postings were related to ABF's FUTILE litigation against YRCW and the IBT.

Thank you again albag. There is no one-size fits all approach for union negotiations. While there used to be, times have changed - I wish more members would figure that out already.

Have you seen the heavy volume and the run up on the stock price? Someone's betting heavy that this is a done deal.

Never really thought about it but work with a lot of sand paper on cars. Take pic of your finger nails & we can compare. (Goof)
Was hoping some one would notice that the pic was upside down. Like flying the flag upside down to show something's wrong. Guess no one reads history, that's why we are doomed to repeat it.

Never really thought about it but work with a lot of sand paper on cars. Take pic of your finger nails & we can compare. (Goof)
Was hoping some one would notice that the pic was upside down. Like flying the flag upside down to show something's wrong. Guess no one reads history, that's why we are doomed to repeat it.
I figured you got it upside down and weren't worried about it. I'd be willing to bet that no more know what the American flag upside down means than know who Kilroy is....

Status
Not open for further replies.