Yellow | Yrcw seeks economic relief from teamsters!

You bring a great point. Customers could very well run, Causing more layoff's than even YRCW anticipates. Its pretty scary when you take time to compound the circumstances of this entire situation. Buddy said all day friday the CB las lite up! With non-union carriers, independents scared. Saying Yellow, Roadway, and Holland, etc can't go under we will be forced to take pay cuts also. Its really alarming.

Maybe they should just take that $6 billion that UPS paid into Cenral States & use that money. We're not gonna make it anyways, so we my as well go out with a bang :TR10driving03:

your stock is double in the last two days your customer base will stay.theres alot of changes everywhere make sure your customers are reminded of that.this a world thing not just a yrc thing. hang tight guys

Maybe they should just take that $6 billion that UPS paid into Cenral States & use that money. We're not gonna make it anyways, so we my as well go out with a bang :TR10driving03:

Uhh, its my understanding they already spent, lost that money in the current stock market decline. At least i heard that, anyway.

We were told by the IBT in a conference call last week that Hoffa told YRCW the benefits were off the table....now I see that IBT spokeman made comment in press release concerning wages AND BENEFITS AND PENSIONS?

If that was envolved, then i do see a no vote coming....we were told that was off the table, but lets see what happens next week......KK

I'd like to give a little something back to Jr. and $$$ Bill---:tongue0002:
Now sit and spin fudda muckas.

both jimmy and bill have millions in the bank - and own multiple homes...

who do you think will pay for this in the long run?

who do you think will be "gravely" effected?

I would be willing to give up my future raises in exchange for job security, but until the upper management starts taking pay concessions and starts feeling the insecurity that we are feeling, I will NOT vote for pay concessions. Also, the future raises will be reinstated when the stock reaches a certain level. (to be determined ).

I would be willing to give up my future raises in exchange for job security, but until the upper management starts taking pay concessions and starts feeling the insecurity that we are feeling, I will NOT vote for pay concessions. Also, the future raises will be reinstated when the stock reaches a certain level. (to be determined ).

I've been told by one of my Stewards that the St Louis Area (Reg. VP Don Mc told him) has already had 74 mgrs canned/ fired/ laid off/ whatever you want to call them in the past few months, and all management company pensions frozen; if they weren't already in, they aren't getting one. So management is already taking hits as well..... The RVP told him it wouldn't matter if he worked at YRCW 50 more years, his pension won't increase any (at this point, anyway).

I've been told by one of my Stewards that the St Louis Area (Reg. VP Don Mc told him) has already had 74 mgrs canned/ fired/ laid off/ whatever you want to call them in the past few months, and all management company pensions frozen; if they weren't already in, they aren't getting one. So management is already taking hits as well..... The RVP told him it wouldn't matter if he worked at YRCW 50 more years, his pension won't increase any (at this point, anyway).
I stated before I lost my 30 and out, been laid off 2 years working 3-4 days a week. So that makes ME even with the sacrifices. I get no satisfaction watching my local Bosses get in the arse, but that does not give them a free ride from here on out either.

Wow! ! The guys saying vote no have some good points lets shut the company down and get in the unemployment line .Lets think about this for a second .How long did the last [major] economic down turn last 10 years .Well! who needs to eat anyway or have a warm place to sleep . YRC has to compete in these hard economic times or fail .Thats it ,we as teamsters hold all the cards here YES or NO.This has to be a educated choice not a angry one .

I don't see them as getting a free ride, or even pertinant to the discussion. What I see is we aren't really in position to be "Demanding" the things I see posted on here.

I see Teamsters Demanding stock options. I see Teamsters Demanding Zollars be gone. I see Teamsters Demanding Management Cuts. Where is our power to Demand anything? We don't even have the power to keep our Pension Fund viable without YRCW's continuing contributions. Many on here are "Religious" about Teamsterism to the point of placing it above God as Their Savior. I'm as pro-the Union surviving/ negotiating as anyone; but it's a contract co-op negotiator-- negotiating thru strength, and we don't hold the cards now in this one. We aren't in position to call their bluff. We aren't holding aces; we'd better fold this hand to the company, and hope for aces in the next hand , or there won't BE another hand dealt......

We are commenting on proposals that we haven't seen. Remember, although No Compnay that ever demanded a Give Back ever survivied, many failed because of Other reasons. Preston , for instance, failed because Yellow was done with them-- Yellow had bought them to Shut them down, after keeping Saia, writing them off on taxes for 5 years, (6 1/2 actually, eventually); and building the RFO Terminal for them to work out the Next Day Bugs....in the 1990's, I still made $53,000 as a city driver under a wage freeze, and that wasn't the reason they closed.

IF a Properly phased out concession package is presented; I'll vote Yes, or our Pension for Everyone will fail for All Teamsters.....Those voting No without even seeing the thing are the ones that will complain when they can't get another job (In my opinion)....(of course, they're also the Obama voters who think Raising taxes produces jobs???????????????)

I don't see them as getting a free ride, or even pertinant to the discussion. What I see is we aren't really in position to be "Demanding" the things I see posted on here.

I see Teamsters Demanding stock options. I see Teamsters Demanding Zollars be gone. I see Teamsters Demanding Management Cuts. Where is our power to Demand anything? We don't even have the power to keep our Pension Fund viable without YRCW's continuing contributions. Many on here are "Religious" about Teamsterism to the point of placing it above God as Their Savior. I'm as pro-the Union surviving/ negotiating as anyone; but it's a contract co-op negotiator-- negotiating thru strength, and we don't hold the cards now in this one. We aren't in position to call their bluff. We aren't holding aces; we'd better fold this hand to the company, and hope for aces in the next hand , or there won't BE another hand dealt......

We are commenting on proposals that we haven't seen. Remember, although No Compnay that ever demanded a Give Back ever survivied, many failed because of Other reasons. Preston , for instance, failed because Yellow was done with them-- Yellow had bought them to Shut them down, after keeping Saia, writing them off on taxes for 5 years, (6 1/2 actually, eventually); and building the RFO Terminal for them to work out the Next Day Bugs....in the 1990's, I still made $53,000 as a city driver under a wage freeze, and that wasn't the reason they closed.

IF a Properly phased out concession package is presented; I'll vote Yes, or our Pension for Everyone will fail for All Teamsters.....Those voting No without even seeing the thing are the ones that will complain when they can't get another job (In my opinion)....(of course, they're also the Obama voters who think Raising taxes produces jobs???????????????)
Whoa!! Demanding? Trading something the company wants, my yes vote, for something I want, insert your so called demand,----NEGOTIATE is the word I come up with. :1036316054: And just for giggles you hav'nt seen the plan yet, if they come out with 50% give back then are you gonna DEMAND something?

Amen! Brother! There is another post that says Poll, free money from the goverment. Sounds like a guy that has been layed off from Roadway complaining about guys using there seniority to work to there advantage. I was half way agreeing until he included people with 10-15 years seniority. I have 10 years at Yellow, with my child support abligations and other obligations Im about to loose my apartment, right now due to my inability to work. I'm sure there is many more like me. Yes we have people on our board that run 3600-3000 miles per week and don't share the wealth. Logging hott, and my local slaps them on the wrist! However its the very top not 10-15 year men. In his example, or theroy that the top should spread the wealth sounds like a Osama plan too. Maybe we teamsters need to read up on Carl Marx. Follow the workrules is one thing but limiting everyone to the same avalibilty for a load will never happen!

Whoa!! Demanding? Trading something the company wants, my yes vote, for something I want, insert your so called demand,----NEGOTIATE is the word I come up with. :1036316054: And just for giggles you hav'nt seen the plan yet, if they come out with 50% give back then are you gonna DEMAND something?

My wife, my mortgage company, my credit union and I Demanded that I go find another job when YRCW decided I didn't fit into their Salary Cap and granted me Free Agency....

Now, If they'd just have named me Franchise Player, and awarded me the average of the top 5 earners, like the NFL does!!!!!!!!!!!

:1036316054: :1036316054:

I just hope I have time to decide if I like the new one before YRCW calls me back (and I have to choose)......(if the new one is any good at all, I'm probbly gone, cause I don't trust YRCW to survive. Last thing I'd want to do is quit soemwhere, come back, then either close or get laid off again -- and I probably won't have enough seniority to keep a job at the combined new YRCW; I'm thinking it'll take 15-16 years here in Indy......)

Wow! ! The guys saying vote no have some good points lets shut the company down and get in the unemployment line .Lets think about this for a second .How long did the last [major] economic down turn last 10 years .Well! who needs to eat anyway or have a warm place to sleep . YRC has to compete in these hard economic times or fail .Thats it ,we as teamsters hold all the cards here YES or NO.This has to be a educated choice not a angry one .
Of course it's easy for you to say vote YES. You'll just suck up even MORE OT per week to make up for the loss. While brothers sit w/o ANY work.:nutkick:

The only thing anyone is DEMANDING is that YRC abide by the contract that they negotiated less than a year ago and signed less than a year ago. It is not our problem that the **** poor management has run this company into the ground. We (Teamsters) can't run back to the company and request another raise just because the price of gas went up. Everyone signed this contract and should have to live with it for 5 years.

A very educated and articulate statement,loved the use of your metaphor's to make your point. I hope people think about the consequences of no vote.

My wife, my mortgage company, my credit union and I Demanded that I go find another job when YRCW decided I didn't fit into their Salary Cap and granted me Free Agency....

Now, If they'd just have named me Franchise Player, and awarded me the average of the top 5 earners, like the NFL does!!!!!!!!!!!

:1036316054: :1036316054:

I just hope I have time to decide if I like the new one before YRCW calls me back (and I have to choose)......(if the new one is any good at all, I'm probbly gone, cause I don't trust YRCW to survive. Last thing I'd want to do is quit soemwhere, come back, then either close or get laid off again -- and I probably won't have enough seniority to keep a job at the combined new YRCW; I'm thinking it'll take 15-16 years here in Indy......)

Well Obama didn't get this country into the mess it is in.......remember read my lips senior and his no taxes?.. If you know anything about what Obama is saying about raising taxes it is not actually raising them it is letting the tax loophole for the rich expire which bush Dubya gave them....Let me ask you this.......has trickle down worked?....no they give us scraps off their plates even when times are good for example the 80's and 90's...the rich get richer and the poor pay the bill. What Obama wants to do is level the playing field so that rich oil companies which made record profits are still not getting government handouts which they got and are still getting under this president. Obama wants to end the corporate loopholes that lets a company move all their assets over seas and still get a huge huge tax break to do so......I know it was clinton that nailed that coffin on us so it is not republican or democrat right now it is class warfare and has been for 20 yrs. And as far as social programs I will take social programs over 10 billion a month in a war that no one wants.......if we had taken just a fraction of the the money that has been wasted(GAO) says their have been in Iraq we could have trained people to get better jobs through schools and trade.....whoops very few of thoses jobs left now.....they have opened up the borders to anyone and everyone forcing down wages and have done it for years and if YRCW fails it will be another feather in corporate america's hat. ..OK sorry had to rant a lil I do apologize .....:chairshot: