TForce | 2023 Contract negotiations.

If you asked how many trucking companies would allow a voluntary card check, the answer would be zero, because they know they would be unionized before they could withdraw the offer.
The reason being that an election supervised by the NLRB is blind. The employee vote is completely private.
Card check is subject to peer pressure and intimidation.

A little history lesson here. After the acquisition of Overnite by UPS, we were offered up to the Union as part of the negotiation to allow UPS to leave the Teamster Pension Fund. Was a simple card check, it was a done deal.
This is why all we got was crappy, company friendly contracts negotiated by the teamsters for 15 years. You overnight guys never voted the teamsters in on your own denying them the organizing victory they craved with the country watching and leaving them with egg on their face. That was a colossal public organizing failure that they never will forget. You overnight guys don’t understand that they will never do anything big for us other than collect our dues. Unreasonable wage progression,Low raises splits, union men not paid holidays (labor day!) on and on fill in your own blank. They never kept us informed during contract negotiations only to drop on us a crappy take it or leave it and walk away leaving 12,500 teamsters each trying to figure out what to do! They never negotiated with the hammer of 12,500 United behind them for a fair contract or recommend a no vote to go back to the table while holding firm with UPS. I expect much of the same with Tforce as long as Bedard doesn’t change what goes in teamsters coffers. Now this is just IMHO what I just said, but for a fact I’ve been in two other national unions before I started here first year of UPS Freight and never had I seen the ghastly lack of stewardship with no involvement with members on status of negotiations. We got good contracts always working in unison with the members and going back to the table, no Just here vote. I only left for health reasons but I know good contract leadership when I see it. Been looking 15 years here for it. What good is it to ask members to write down what they would like in a new contract then not get much more then beer money raises? We are going to have to cowboy up this time I reckon to get a good contract if the teamsters negotiate like in the past contracts so I have been saving. They can empty the system again or even close the doors their choice. No backwards or lame contract will I vote for this time…..only a fair market one keeping our total compensation package among the best over the period of the contract.

This is why all we got was crappy, company friendly contracts negotiated by the teamsters for 15 years. You overnight guys never voted the teamsters in on your own denying them the organizing victory they craved with the country watching and leaving them with egg on their face. That was a colossal public organizing failure that they never will forget. You overnight guys don’t understand that they will never do anything big for us other than collect our dues. Unreasonable wage progression,Low raises splits, union men not paid holidays (labor day!) on and on fill in your own blank. They never kept us informed during contract negotiations only to drop on us a crappy take it or leave it and walk away leaving 12,500 teamsters each trying to figure out what to do! They never negotiated with the hammer of 12,500 United behind them for a fair contract or recommend a no vote to go back to the table while holding firm with UPS. I expect much of the same with Tforce as long as Bedard doesn’t change what goes in teamsters coffers. Now this is just IMHO what I just said, but for a fact I’ve been in two other national unions before I started here first year of UPS Freight and never had I seen the ghastly lack of stewardship with no involvement with members on status of negotiations. We got good contracts always working in unison with the members and going back to the table, no Just here vote. I only left for health reasons but I know good contract leadership when I see it. Been looking 15 years here for it. What good is it to ask members to write down what they would like in a new contract then not get much more then beer money raises? We are going to have to cowboy up this time I reckon to get a good contract if the teamsters negotiate like in the past contracts so I have been saving. They can empty the system again or even close the doors their choice. No backwards or lame contract will I vote for this time…..only a fair market one keeping our total compensation package among the best over the period of the contract.
Most of the current employees never worked at overnite.
The union isn't what it used too be. The pathetic corrupt leadership of the teamsters saw too that all by themselves.
They controlled the ltl industry, and let it slip through their fingers.

Our 1st contract was great the second I lost $30,000 a year off of my pension with a pay raise that was laughable the 3rd well we all rember that $hit show. Hoffa's ole man would've kicked juniors a$$ for ruining the union as a whole. I have noticed a change in attitude with O'Brian at the helm Ba's seem to have a little more pep in their step and at least at my local more balls. Shop stewards have more support from the locals so time will tell on how this next contract goes.

The single biggest roadblock is managements unwillingness to change. If a driver, any driver has available time they can be routed where needed. The bids can be setup according to need, and allow for limited flexibility as needed. Extra board can be expanded allowing all the coverage that pops up. Using drivers as dockworkers burns up the time they could be used to efficiently move freight. The hub and spoke can be successful if trailers are loaded at origin "to ride", but the advent of vans makes that difficult. The "load it, don't dock it" mentality doesn't allow for proper head loading. The loss of full time loaders at the hubs makes cuts difficult.
If they can't operate under the weak contract we have now, they never will.
Another schmo expecting managers to manage:poke:

What's been affecting me lately:

1) Overtime should be changed to 8 AND 40, not 8 OR 40.
For example you work 10 hours monday, tuesday and wednesday. So, under our current contract, if i am understanding it correctly, you would get 2 hours overtime for M,Tue, and Weds, for a total of 6 hours overtime. You've worked a total of 30 hours so far for the week.

Now, let's say you take thursday off. Then work friday for 11 hours. Your total time worked for the week is 41 hours, and thus you only get one hour of overtime pay?

2) If the A/C doesn't work, then you get $150 extra for the day, and $150 for everday it's not working between the months of April and October. For other locations such as Florida, Texas, So. Cal etc., where it's ALWAYS hot, then this rule applies year round.

3) The wages need to come up a little too.

For example you work 10 hours monday, tuesday and wednesday. So, under our current contract, if i am understanding it correctly, you would get 2 hours overtime for M,Tue, and Weds, for a total of 6 hours overtime. You've worked a total of 30 hours so far for the week.

Now, let's say you take thursday off. Then work friday for 11 hours. Your total time worked for the week is 41 hours, and thus you only get one hour of overtime pay?

2) If the A/C doesn't work, then you get $150 extra for the day, and $150 for everday it's not working between the months of April and October. For other locations such as Florida, Texas, So. Cal etc., where it's ALWAYS hot, then this rule applies year round.

It is after 8, if you work 2 days of 9 hours you get 2 hours of OT. It isn't an issue

It is after 8, if you work 2 days of 9 hours you get 2 hours of OT. It isn't an issue
Right, but my question was what if you end up with 41 hours total for the week? You could still have 3 hours overtime for monday if you worked 11 hours that day.

Most of the current employees never worked at overnite.
The union isn't what it used too be. The pathetic corrupt leadership of the teamsters saw too that all by themselves.
They controlled the ltl industry, and let it slip through their fingers.
Whether you ever worked at OVNT or not doesn't matter. What I said regarding the Teamsters being forever butt sore over OVNT failure to vote the union in I still believe to be true. Forever grudges are held for alot less. Its based on their representation of UPS freight in general, not towards any individual driver who worked at OVNT per se. Again IMHO

Are you a new employee? It has been the same since the first contract. overtime after 8.

The stuff you come with...

He is a retired ops manager or supervisor from Milwaukee if the 46? Chevy is his.

Ohio man originally. Moved here for a gal who had all her teeth if memory serves. Lol

If I am close, he can buy me a beer at the Corner Club at 43rd and Greenfield and I’ll forget more about him than anyone on here will ever know.

It is after 8. That is the final answer.
Are you a new employee? It has been the same since the first contract. overtime after 8.

The stuff you come with...

Maybe i'm not making myself clear.

On page 42, section 3 of the book:

" All hours worked in excess of eight (8) hours in any one (1) day or forty (40) hours in any one (1) week shall be paid at the rate of time and one-half (1 1/2) the regular hourly rate, but not both."

i'm not asking whether we get OT after 8. What i'm unclear about is if we get OT after 8 AND 40. OR only after 8 or 40, but not both.

i'll check
my stubs when i'm able, which is not easy due to the company not printing them until the pandemic is over........

Maybe i'm not making myself clear.

On page 42, section 3 of the book:

" All hours worked in excess of eight (8) hours in any one (1) day or forty (40) hours in any one (1) week shall be paid at the rate of time and one-half (1 1/2) the regular hourly rate, but not both."

i'm not asking whether we get OT after 8. What i'm unclear about is if we get OT after 8 AND 40. OR only after 8 or 40, but not both.

i'll check
my stubs when i'm able, which is not easy due to the company not printing them until the pandemic is over........
If you worked four 12-hour days, you would have 16-hours of overtime on the daily guarantee after eight and 32-hours of straight time as opposed to only having 8-hours of overtime if it were paid after forty for the same four days worked. If you are asking if you get the 16-hours OT for the daily guarantee plus the 8-hours OT for going over forty hours for the week, I highly doubt it. That is why it clearly states, “but not both”. If, however you worked six straight eight hour days (Monday-Saturday), you would want to use the overtime after forty rule. Otherwise, you would only get straight time for all 48-hours for that week as all days were only eight hours worked each day. If I am interpreting this wrong, please correct me as I don’t work for T-Force. I am an ABFer.

Thats not how it works. You will be paid Overtime for everyday after 8 hours. Think hard about it.

And the company is not going to pay you for overtime after 8 each day and then pay you again for anything after 40. So if you get 10 hours a day, for 5 days, they aren't going to pay you the 10 hours after 8 and then the 10 hours again, after 40. Please tell me thats not what you meant.

Thats not how it works. You will be paid Overtime for everyday after 8 hours. Think hard about it.

And the company is not going to pay you for overtime after 8 each day and then pay you again for anything after 40. So if you get 10 hours a day, for 5 days, they aren't going to pay you the 10 hours after 8 and then the 10 hours again, after 40. Please tell me thats not what you meant.
So, in this situation, breakdown how much OT you get.

2 hours OT per day up to thursday. We are now up to 40 total for the week. ALL hours of friday should be OT since we're now past 40 hours. 18 hours total OT: 2 hours a day M-TH, then ALL hours Friday. This is how i think it should be if we're talking contract negotiations.

What it REALLY is, is what i'm trying to make clear.

Example 2:

1) You work 9 hours Monday

2) 8 hours tues

3) 8 hours wed

4) 7 hours thurs

We are now at 32 hours total for the week.

5) You work 9 hours Friday.

How much overtime do you get, and why?