ABF | 2023 contract proposals

We don’t have enough people at abf that would strike. You will be lucky if the first offer gets voted down. There may be some supplements that get voted down a couple times but once it gets to a strike vote it will get voted yes. These younger guys and new guys think this is the best job out there. Then the older guys who are about 2 retire don’t care and will vote yes. I’m all for a good raise and everything else, but it won’t all happen. I’m just being realistic.
The young guys at our terminal know it’s a ::shit:: contract and we need more.

I’m all for a good contract, I’m just trying to be realistic. 17.5 cents a mile and 7$ an hour is not going to happen. A strike is not going to happen.
You said in an earlier post that you have been here a long time and you know how contracts go....so I have a question for you....how many times has ABF had ORs in the low to mid 80s? How many times have they made a Billion dollars over the life of a contract? That's the difference now....

You said in an earlier post that you have been here a long time and you know how contracts go....so I have a question for you....how many times has ABF had ORs in the low to mid 80s? How many times have they made a Billion dollars over the life of a contract? That's the difference now....
I have been at abf over 17 years. I don’t care what the ORs have been. 17.5 cents a mile and 7$ an hour is NOT going to happen. This will be my 4th contract and I know how this works. This is what will happen. Abf will make an offer. Everyone will say I’m voting no and miraculously it passes. Maybe 1 time no, but after that it will pass. Abf knows this and they will low ball us and it will pass. I know 1 thing we will find out soon enough

I have been at abf over 17 years. I don’t care what the ORs have been. 17.5 cents a mile and 7$ an hour is NOT going to happen. This will be my 4th contract and I know how this works. This is what will happen. Abf will make an offer. Everyone will say I’m voting no and miraculously it passes. Maybe 1 time no, but after that it will pass. Abf knows this and they will low ball us and it will pass. I know 1 thing we will find out soon enough
Ok we will agree to disagree...you vote yes when they offer crap, I will vote no...

I’m all for a good contract, I’m just trying to be realistic. 17.5 cents a mile and 7$ an hour is not going to happen. A strike is not going to happen.
You're right, if this is the attitude that you're showing to management and your fellow workers. The managers are told to listen to what's being said on the docks and driver's rooms, and report back so they know just what it will take to pass. Try being very vocal to everyone to reject the first offer and be ready for a strike. Whether you truly believe or not, never show it. If you know of someone who will vote yes on anything, take the time to talk, have a beer one on one. Don't get me wrong, I have no dog in this go round. I retired in 2019, But I'm proud to say after sitting down and talking to everyone at my old barn last contract. We had a 100% no vote on the master and only one voted for the local white paper. Some people need to be reminded, that just like when they're on the road they need to look well pass the hood of the truck, they need to do the same with their future!!!

You're right, if this is the attitude that you're showing to management and your fellow workers. The managers are told to listen to what's being said on the docks and driver's rooms, and report back so they know just what it will take to pass. Try being very vocal to everyone to reject the first offer and be ready for a strike. Whether you truly believe or not, never show it. If you know of someone who will vote yes on anything, take the time to talk, have a beer one on one. Don't get me wrong, I have no dog in this go round. I retired in 2019, But I'm proud to say after sitting down and talking to everyone at my old barn last contract. We had a 100% no vote on the master and only one voted for the local white paper. Some people need to be reminded, that just like when they're on the road they need to look well pass the hood of the truck, they need to do the same with their future!!!
Great post...there is a lot of traffic on this site from Fort Smith...

We are having our contract proposal meetings today, Monday and Tuesday. I am going to todays with a total of 121 contract proposals covering the Master, and the Road, City/Dock, Garage, and Clerical classifications. Here is the proposal I am turning in for the pay raise in the Master that covers all classifications and I hope I am not low-balling it.

226CA8C7-48BB-4E1B-A5C5-888F3884AB3F.md.jpg
Man, your good. We have a knuckle head at our terminal ( YRC) swearing that ABF is getting a 7.00 raise. He has been passing around the screen shot of your handy work . Lol

Being here a total of 17-years means that you have only worked here during the Hoffa years of Teamster leadership. In case you didn’t not know it yet, there is a new sheriff in town. And I really don’t think he is going to tarnish his good name by letting ABF even present us a sh*tty first offer. With the record profits ABF is making, and the desire of new Union Leadership out to prove that they are worthy of the job, I think even the first offer will make us all proud to be TEAMSTERS once again!!!
We all shall see soon enough.

C5B17A2A-09C3-40CF-8785-BA168E93C627.md.jpg
Here is what I was told the union is presenting to the company
Just so you know, that document was created on my I-Pad as well as one starting at $2.00 an hour, one at $4.00 an hour, one at $5.00 an hour, and one at $7.00 an hour. I started creating them last year to be ready for the up coming contract, not knowing what the economy would be like when it was time to actually present proposals. ABF has an operating income of over $306 million this year alone in just the first three quarters. ABF’s operating income for 2021 was over $260 million. Just so you know, I submitted the one for $7.00/17.5-cents per mile to start. And while I have your attention, exactly WHO told you the one pictured above was the one being presented? You have proposals coming in from Locals all over the country as we speak. So, I doubt that the International has actually even discussed this yet, let alone made a final decision on what to present to ABF.

Just so you know, that document was created on my I-Pad as well as one starting at $2.00 an hour, one at $4.00 an hour, one at $5.00 an hour, and one at $7.00 an hour. I started creating them last year to be ready for the up coming contract, not knowing what the economy would be like when it was time to actually present proposals. ABF has an operating income of over $306 million this year alone in just the first three quarters. ABF’s operating income for 2021 was over $260 million. Just so you know, I submitted the one for $7.00/17.5-cents per mile to start. And while I have your attention, exactly WHO told you the one pictured above was the one being presented? You have proposals coming in from Locals all over the country as we speak. So, I doubt that the International has actually even discussed this yet, let alone made a final decision on what to present to ABF.
Oh okay sorry about that. This was sent to me from someone who said this is what they are presenting to abf. U know how the rumors start flying.

Oh okay sorry about that. This was sent to me from someone who said this is what they are presenting to abf. U know how the rumors start flying.
It‘s all good. The point that 381, Wheelman, Homesick, TripplesWest, and myself are trying to make is this. No matter what is presented to us, we have the power to vote it in (Yes) or send it back to the negotiating table (No). So rather than accepting a sh**ty offer, let’s encourage our co-workers to grow a pair and send it back to the table.
Negotiations means “NEGOTIATING”. When you go to buy a car, do you accept the first offer the salesman gives you or do you negotiate a better deal?

Last edited: