VOTE NO,REMEMBER YOUR PENSION FUND DON`T HAVE A GRADUATED PLAN TO PAY ALL REARAGE OF MONEY DUE.ANY NEW CONTRACT WITHOUT HAVING A PLAN TO PAY IN FULL IS NOT GETTING THE JOB DONE.KEEPING UP WITH ABF WITHOUT PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS IS STILL BEHIND SINCE THEY ACCURE EVERY YEARS CREDIT IN FULL.STRIKE VOTE SHOULD BACK UP THIS EXTENSION TO GO WITH ISSUES WITH SUPPLEMENTS AND LANGUAGE....R E M E M B E R HOW ABF PULLED A FAST ONE BY ADDING THE MONETARY TO THE MASTER.VOTERS EXPECTED TO REVIEW MONETARY IN SUPPLEMENTS AND WHEN THEY FOUND OUT IT WAS SWITCHED IT WAS TO LATE.....BEWARE OF ELECTRONIC VOTE THIS TIME.BUTCH LEWIS IS NEEDED FOR REFORM FOR ACCOUNTABILITY IN CENTRAL STATES,BUT WE MUST TAKE THIS CONTRACT FOR 5YRS TO TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN BUSINESS NOW.....PROCHAUFFER

Does anyone think it’s possible to explain the agreement to everyone and conduct a vote in less than 1 week? Extension is necessary. What do you want to do- announce a tentative agreement and then go on strike April 1?

I think your right. I think any offer closed to what Shotgun716 posted, and this thing sails through first vote. I believe the overwhelming majority of guys in their late 50s to 60s won't bat an eye over voting yes for this contract. All we hear on this board and that yrcw Facebook page, are the vocal minority.
I was in my 60's when I left. That was just 2 months ago.
I may be in the minority but if the contract stunk I would vote no.
Don't assume. I worked there too long to just be selfish and give in.

Is anyone else worried about all these new guys? I know at Holland we have so many new hires in the last year or two going around smiling and laughing and bragging about how they are making so much money! These would appear to be a whole lot of yes votes to me! Then you add in all the guys that are too lazy to vote for anything and the guys that are well into their sixties and just want a couple more years to retire and I think it is a recipe for the first offer to be accepted because there are only a quarter or a third of the guys that are willing to fight? Just my opinion and I hope I am wrong!
If you came from a minimum wage job you think you won the lottery working here.

VOTE NO,REMEMBER YOUR PENSION FUND DON`T HAVE A GRADUATED PLAN TO PAY ALL REARAGE OF MONEY DUE.ANY NEW CONTRACT WITHOUT HAVING A PLAN TO PAY IN FULL IS NOT GETTING THE JOB DONE.KEEPING UP WITH ABF WITHOUT PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS IS STILL BEHIND SINCE THEY ACCURE EVERY YEARS CREDIT IN FULL.STRIKE VOTE SHOULD BACK UP THIS EXTENSION TO GO WITH ISSUES WITH SUPPLEMENTS AND LANGUAGE....R E M E M B E R HOW ABF PULLED A FAST ONE BY ADDING THE MONETARY TO THE MASTER.VOTERS EXPECTED TO REVIEW MONETARY IN SUPPLEMENTS AND WHEN THEY FOUND OUT IT WAS SWITCHED IT WAS TO LATE.....BEWARE OF ELECTRONIC VOTE THIS TIME.BUTCH LEWIS IS NEEDED FOR REFORM FOR ACCOUNTABILITY IN CENTRAL STATES,BUT WE MUST TAKE THIS CONTRACT FOR 5YRS TO TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN BUSINESS NOW.....PROCHAUFFER
ABF is now in a different pension plan contribution rates frozen at 2018 rate they didn't realize it would end up being a pension cut

I think your right. I think any offer closed to what Shotgun716 posted, and this thing sails through first vote. I believe the overwhelming majority of guys in their late 50s to 60s won't bat an eye over voting yes for this contract. All we hear on this board and that yrcw Facebook page, are the vocal minority.
I’m in that age range but my vote is no
We gave up too much for too many years
Bring us back to where we should be

My comment isn’t telling anyone what contract they should take, only that yrc isn’t as horrible a place to earn a living as I read about on here. The only big issue for me moving to yrc or abf is the crappy equipment you have to work with
I’m not trying to say what contact to take but we need to educate the new people on what it takes to get better pay & benefits , yes it’s not bad pay etc but it’s been better & can be again we just have to stand together to make it happen
A lot of the new people are from non union companies and are unaware what we do and how, and yes too many don’t send in the ballot or vote yes, this is one time we need to stick together

exactly..a friend of mine works for FedEx freight and his out of pocket is $7,000 a year while my out of pocket is $2,000 in Chicago.. important things to consider when voting..

I worked at Reddaway for 6 years under the YRC -15% pay scale. If I worked at my current company for 6 years the wage difference is 75k a year at Reddaway vs 95k a year at Saia. 0 at Reddaway for 6 years healthcare vs roughly 20k at Saia in those 6 years comparison. After healthcare is paid I’ll will in 6 years made 100k more wage at Saia then Reddaway. That’s the difference a wage can do regardless if you pay for your own benefits. Now if you use your healthcare a lot then having free healthcare is for you. But for me I was losing out big time. That’s almost a paid for home.

Hope you guys get what’s reasonable in the LTL world. At the end of the day Its not your fault they can’t manage money right. Every company is making record money in this market right now their is no excuses for them. If a wage bump sends them to the poor house oh well. The freight will go to other LTL companies and their will be a lot of openings. You gotta start over but that’s part of life when a company stinks at managing a business. Good luck!

putting all the money owed over the last 10 years into the csp is an idea only a homosexual would come up with. the plan is insolvent. you will not be able to collect your full pension when the plan is kaput in under 6 years. put the money into your pocket open a roth ira now and fund your own retirement plan.

I worked at Reddaway for 6 years under the YRC -15% pay scale. If I worked at my current company for 6 years the wage difference is 75k a year at Reddaway vs 95k a year at Saia. 0 at Reddaway for 6 years healthcare vs roughly 20k at Saia in those 6 years comparison. After healthcare is paid I’ll will in 6 years made 100k more wage at Saia then Reddaway. That’s the difference a wage can do regardless if you pay for your own benefits. Now if you use your healthcare a lot then having free healthcare is for you. But for me I was losing out big time. That’s almost a paid for home.

Hope you guys get what’s reasonable in the LTL world. At the end of the day Its not your fault they can’t manage money right. Every company is making record money in this market right now their is no excuses for them. If a wage bump sends them to the poor house oh well. The freight will go to other LTL companies and their will be a lot of openings. You gotta start over but that’s part of life when a company stinks at managing a business. Good luck!
Good points,RMD. You are correct about how often do you need your insurance. For many people at YRC in their 50's and 60's , starting over may not be an option if theirs. or their family has health conditions. Many on here think that jobs are available everywhere, and could be working literally for someone else in a few weeks. Maybe in OTR, but LTL right now is not busting at the seams for anyone. Things have leveled off from the last few years. But if you are younger, and healthy? Go for it...

putting all the money owed over the last 10 years into the csp is an idea only a homosexual would come up with. the plan is insolvent. you will not be able to collect your full pension when the plan is kaput in under 6 years. put the money into your pocket open a roth ira now and fund your own retirement plan.

What if a homosexual did come up with that? Do you have something against homosexuality? What does homosexuality have to do with a fair contract? Out of all the statements made over this contract year, yours by far is the worst. SMH

i used that term to get your attention. remember during the movie smokey and the bandit, an attention getter. putting your retirement money into the csp today tomorrow or next week is a bad idea. your paying for someone else to be on retirement you will not get to see any of that money if the plan goes kaput. the pbgc is insolvent too so dont hold your breath for a rescue either.

We did that before negotiations. Prioritized demands.
My BA has a clear understanding of how we feel as a local.

Example, we were the only local in the West to deny 70 hour v 60 hour.

If your BA is unclear where you stand....

Just sayin’
I’m in the west also and our local did not go for the 70 hr deal!!! You trying to tell me you are in my local too?

i used that term to get your attention. remember during the movie smokey and the bandit, an attention getter. putting your retirement money into the csp today tomorrow or next week is a bad idea. your paying for someone else to be on retirement you will not get to see any of that money if the plan goes kaput. the pbgc is insolvent too so dont hold your breath for a rescue either.
You tit turd....