I just want it to be over so we can get on with our lives, this whole process sucks! I know it is neccesary but it sure feels like it could have been handled a whole lot better! Makes me want to be gone in five years even if we do get a contract.

They stopped the 15%, however they didn’t bring our pay to where it should be & not even up to par with abf
Pension only a slight increase which keeps us in the same failed state which is why western conference is negotiating separate

The Central States pension is in a failed state whether it’s full contributions or zero contributions.Any contributions are a joke until they do something to sure it up.

I’m not basing our contract compared to ABF or any other company because we simply aren’t the same company.

I totally respect your vote and I believe you have insight the rest of us haven’t heard.

A buck out of the gate is what what I was considering for a vote but really not expecting them to offer because of the current operating ratio. .Doesn’t-matter 5% needs to come back or I’m not voting for it.

How about the road drivers? Is it breaking down to the same percentage as the city? Many of our city drivers are making more than 70k per year.That is not bad with insurance and protections we have.

I just want it to be over so we can get on with our lives, this whole process sucks! I know it is neccesary but it sure feels like it could have been handled a whole lot better! Makes me want to be gone in five years even if we do get a contract.

Me too.Just sucks the pension I was counting on isn’t going to be there.
Instead of watching the sun melt into the ocean with an umbrella drink in my hand every night I will be watching the mosquitoes buzz around a pond or river with my trusty Bud Light in hand.

Me too.Just sucks the pension I was counting on isn’t going to be there.
Instead of watching the sun melt into the ocean with an umbrella drink in my hand every night I will be watching the mosquitoes buzz around a pond or river with my trusty Bud Light in hand.
Coop Dispatch is always looking for part time drivers in the Atlanta area....You could do 40 hours a month?

I hope that is a rhetorical question. But on the chance it is not, the "2 man" are usually the 2 top officers of each affected local.
yes , part rhetorical, just didn't know who or what 2 guys was selected to go to the meeting , Thanks for info on what 2 guys are going and hope they stand up for each locals best interest .

The Central States pension is in a failed state whether it’s full contributions or zero contributions.Any contributions are a joke until they do something to sure it up.

I’m not basing our contract compared to ABF or any other company because we simply aren’t the same company.

I totally respect your vote and I believe you have insight the rest of us haven’t heard.

A buck out of the gate is what what I was considering for a vote but really not expecting them to offer because of the current operating ratio. .Doesn’t-matter 5% needs to come back or I’m not voting for it.

How about the road drivers? Is it breaking down to the same percentage as the city? Many of our city drivers are making more than 70k per year.That is not bad with insurance and protections we have.
I agree to some extent, however you’re right we’re not abf, but we are the ones who sacrificed for 10 years as the company gave salary increases, bonuses & bought equipment with our blood, sweat & tears . The reason we have that income under the current situation today is because of all of us 30-50 years back fighting to get the better pay & benefits
Don’t look at the horizon and overlook the surroundings that took place before us

I agree to some extent, however you’re right we’re not abf, but we are the ones who sacrificed for 10 years as the company gave salary increases, bonuses & bought equipment with our blood, sweat & tears . The reason we have that income under the current situation today is because of all of us 30-50 years back fighting to get the better pay & benefits
Don’t look at the horizon and overlook the surroundings that took place before us
The thing that would **** me off if i still worked there is that management dident make an equal sacrifice but expect you to do it contract after contract....

I certainly know what union labor has brought to our country. Most of my relatives in Illinois are retired in their 50 's. . Even though it sucks Teamsters cannot be what they once were before deregulation. With over 400 union lines closed in the last 20 years I think most of us have figured that out.For me,our seniority rights and protections are worth $5/ hour. Going home with dignity means more than money for me. Ive worked both sides of the fence and if
I can, I hope to keep working union.
The math simply has to work in order for us to survive. Keep in mind most all of the bonuses were from stock awards from the board of trustees .Not that it makes it right but the lenders could care less if they gave them 100 million worth of stock.It has nothing to do with operating expenses.

Last edited:
I certainly know what union labor has brought to our country. Most of my relatives in Illinois are retired in their 50 's. . Even though it sucks Teamsters cannot be what they once were before deregulation. With over 400 union lines closed in the last 20 years I think most of us have figured that out.For me,our seniority rights and protections are worth $5/ hour. Going home with dignity means more than money for me. Ive worked both sides of the fence and if
The math simply has to work in order for us to survive. Keep in mind most all of the bonuses were from stock awards from the board of trustees .Not that it makes it right but the lenders could care less if they gave them 100 million worth of stock.It has nothing to do with operating expenses.
You're way too sensible. Expect to be ostracized soon!

Good thought, I was fighting for you guys back 60 yrs ago, I think you all should sign a blank check,
drop it in the mail for me, it will help, when my lavish life style goes to hell in a handbasket, after CS goes broke.

Good thought, I was fighting for you guys back 60 yrs ago, I think each should sign a blank check and drop it in the mail for my lavish life style, after CS goes broke.

I somewhat agree to some of what you’re saying however I too am at the end of my career, I want to continue working union as well but it’s time we stand in unity as we once did and force them to show plan b or c, we gave up so much on the pretense of the company going broke just to have them flaunt it in our face with upper brass getting bonuses, salary increases etc
Too much corporate greed, once they have it they don’t want to give it back
For once in a long time let’s stand strong together as we once did

I somewhat agree to some of what you’re saying however I too am at the end of my career, I want to continue working union as well but it’s time we stand in unity as we once did and force them to show plan b or c, we gave up so much on the pretense of the company going broke just to have them flaunt it in our face with upper brass getting bonuses, salary increases etc
Too much corporate greed, once they have it they don’t want to give it back
For once in a long time let’s stand strong together as we once did

Do the math. If you're getting .72 cpm at another company and have a speed limit tractor, on the road drivers can easily make enough to pay insurance and a raise from what they might offer. So either they give us full retrobusion of our wages or nobody will come, few will stay and the place closes. We at Holland are still .61 per hour behind from 10 years ago. Wasting money the last 6 months has gone rampant just to drain the books. I'll vote no until the cows come home or I'll be part of the Exodus. Not being treated like a fool no more. STAND together, STRIKE if we have to, or work like a second class driver another contract duration.

You don’t even know what the offer is! Everything is speculation until you see it on paper. What are you voting “no” on?

Keep in mind that when you calculate the cost of insurance, it’s not just what you pay per week for the insurance. You have to take into account if it’s an 80/20 plan (they pay 80% you pay 20%) or is it a plan with an out of pocket max of say 10k. People never think about bad things until they happen. Bad luck when it comes to your health can add up to big bills in a hurry.

You don’t even know what the offer is! Everything is speculation until you see it on paper. What are you voting “no” on?

Keep in mind that when you calculate the cost of insurance, it’s not just what you pay per week for the insurance. You have to take into account if it’s an 80/20 plan (they pay 80% you pay 20%) or is it a plan with an out of pocket max of say 10k. People never think about bad things until they happen. Bad luck when it comes to your health can add up to big bills in a hurry.
The other companies insurance will pay 80-20, or possibly 100 percent, AFTER, your deductible,and out of pocket costs are met. The weekly premium costs are usually somewhat reasonable,but when you are looking at $2500, plus each, ($5000),for you and your wife in deductible, and upwards of $9000 plus, out of pocket, and that’s if you stay in their network, you will still get hit in the wallet hard.