ytmULMr.jpg

:smilie93c peelout:

Theres a bid driver out of 324 in his seventies runs 636 mile run to 347 3 trips a week! 3816 Miles a week has to be longest run in the system? Guys is collecting his pension and social security plus the run.

We had guys ran 6 Atl. turns from Charl each week, I was fortunate, wife never made me work that hard.

Theres a bid driver out of 324 in his seventies runs 636 mile run to 347 3 trips a week! 3816 Miles a week has to be longest run in the system? Guys is collecting his pension and social security plus the run.
I would work a sixth day every now and then. And of course people would complain. Give someone else a chance was the argument. So I wouldn't sign up to work on a Sunday. Phone would ring Sunday and it would be Roadway. Can you come in and work mud, none of the casuals or unassigned are answering their phones.

I've often wondered how one would feel after driving 3200 miles in a week?
I do it weekly, and feel great. 600 miles a day (daylight driving!), then get out and walk for an hour most nights to relax. But the truck I drive runs 67 mph, and I pull 22,000 lbs loads. Now I mostly pull 53s, but still pups on occasions. I do admit tho- 600 miles of nights would suck/wear you out. Especially where I drive. I want to be able to see where there's road and not just snow.

This last two years I run Indy to Bristol Indiana to El Paso Texas, then back to Indy. 3240 miles. The six years prior I ran Indy to Denver to Salt Lake City, then back to Indy. 3220 miles, and I helped unload those (caskets). Great exercise. Wyoming wind, or Colorado snow. Worst part of that run was if I had to chain up. Electronic logs for the past 10 years, normally have 6 hrs left in my 70, and spend 49-50 hrs off at home. And I get an extra $40 per night for being away from home/being in the sleeper. Wish I was home more, but people are Dying for me to work!!!!

Last edited:
I'd bet he isn't logging most of his OnDuty, or E-Logs wouldn't permit a run that long in a 65 mph truck. I run 3240, and only have 6 hrs left each week. 3600 is pretty close to the max unless your truck runs 75. And that's with a 34 hr reset, which I use, and you guys don't. 65mph avg times 11 hrs is 715 miles max allowed, and averaging 65 doesnt allow for time on or off for exit ramps for breaks, slow downs, construction, or any stop signs. I doubt hes actually doing all that, now, with E-Logs??? 636 mile trips for 5 and a half days is easy, but for 6 it's pretty much impossible under E-Logs, with Pre-Trips/Post-Trips.

Last edited:
I'd bet he isn't logging most of his OnDuty, or E-Logs wouldn't permit a run that long in a 65 mph truck. I run 3240, and only have 6 hrs left each week. 3600 is pretty close to the max unless your truck runs 75. And that's with a 34 hr reset, which I use, and you guys don't. 65mph avg times 11 hrs is 715 miles max allowed, and averaging 65 doesnt allow for time on or off for exit ramps for breaks, slow downs, construction, or any stop signs. I doubt hes actually doing all that, now, with E-Logs??? 636 mile trips for 5 and a half days is easy, but for 6 it's pretty much impossible under E-Logs, with Pre-Trips/Post-Trips.
There were two. But one died. I know who he's referring to. I used to see him at the motel, when I was running Burnsville. "Leather Ass", is an appropriate nickname. That being said, to each his own. BTW, the routing for paid miles goes through Chicago, but they don't run that way. To avoid the traffic. :stirthepot:

There were two. But one died. I know who he's referring to. I used to see him at the motel, when I was running Burnsville. "Leather Ass", is an appropriate nickname. That being said, to each his own. BTW, the routing for paid miles goes through Chicago, but they don't run that way. To avoid the traffic. :stirthepot:
Aren’t the miles figured running the Van Orin route?

next we will all be called to the hall on a weekend and the BAs will talk about the contract proposal and tell us why we should vote yes on the contract proposal

This 2 month ponzi extension & not settling the contract is doing more damage than good for old yellow as now even more customer are not shipping with us and even more -15% work slow downs happening ......................................

I do it weekly, and feel great. 600 miles a day (daylight driving!), then get out and walk for an hour most nights to relax. But the truck I drive runs 67 mph, and I pull 22,000 lbs loads. Now I mostly pull 53s, but still pups on occasions. I do admit tho- 600 miles of nights would suck/wear you out. Especially where I drive. I want to be able to see where there's road and not just snow.

This last two years I run Indy to Bristol Indiana to El Paso Texas, then back to Indy. 3240 miles. The six years prior I ran Indy to Denver to Salt Lake City, then back to Indy. 3220 miles, and I helped unload those (caskets). Great exercise. Wyoming wind, or Colorado snow. Worst part of that run was if I had to chain up. Electronic logs for the past 10 years, normally have 6 hrs left in my 70, and spend 49-50 hrs off at home. And I get an extra $40 per night for being away from home/being in the sleeper. Wish I was home more, but people are Dying for me to work!!!!

I'm sure your run allows you more flexibility than running a time schedule bid run,like we did.
I didn't make the big bucks like some of our drivers, but I didn't miss but 1 of my son's football games in 3 years.
Still today, he has not offered me any compensation for my support.
Thinking about taking him before Judge Judy.

Mostly new routes are "tached" but using GPS, rather than a tach wheel. But in some cases there is a committee at JAC, which settles disputes regarding "paid miles". They use previously settled and agreed to "common" points.

I keep forgetting how old I am, technology has left me in the dust!