XPO | ARE WE THE ONLY MAJOR PLAYERS IN LTL THAT WORK THE DOCK?

Not sure but doesn't YRC and OD driver spend night out in hotels. When I worked at Red Star I think it was max 3 night out. If I had my choose I take the dock time and be home every day. That the main reason I come here in the first place
I work at OD, there are no more bag out runs. I am out and back home every single day! I had 15 years at Conway/XPO, let me tell you that I am in heaven here at Old Dominion!

Xpo’s eventual downfall will be a result of their poor treatment of its employees. It starts at the very top of Xpo. Talk is cheap . It’s how you treat employees in reality that counts . Give nothing get nothing. It a rule of the universe.

Xpo’s eventual downfall will be a result of their poor treatment of its employees. It starts at the very top of Xpo. Talk is cheap . It’s how you treat employees in reality that counts . Give nothing get nothing. It a rule of the universe.
I have to admit that I no longer care about much at work. I can’t think of a single person that I work with that does. It’s just a paycheck. I still give an honest days work for a honest days pay. But nothing more. you are right that it starts at the top. Sad really.

I have been with Conway/XPO for 28 years.Recently I put in an application at OD.They called me yesterday.Are they a good company to work for?

B
Sorry to hear that you have so much time in and want to leave ( not sorry that you want to leave but sorry that it's come to this after being here so long )

Do you mind sharing what pushed you to the point of wanting to leave?

I have been with Conway/XPO for 28 years.Recently I put in an application at OD.They called me yesterday.Are they a good company to work for?

B

It’s another world. The insinuation that working at XPO is like being the woman in an abusive relationship is not far off. It’s horrific what we were conditioned to accept as normal and okay.

It’s not okay. It’s not normal. And you can do better. You don’t deserve to be treated that way. And there are people that will help you. And I know that sounds like a crisis hotline. But dammit. You have no idea until you are out of it. Just how bad it really is.

B
All trucking companies in one way or another, abuse their help. Sit down, be honest about it, and make a pro, and con list about everything related to your job, then compare them to what you know is fact, about a potential new employer. Better have your wife’s input too, then make your decision.

The real problems are not local. And that’s causing a lot of problems locally.
Totally agree. The problem starts at the very top with Jacobs. He has surrounded himself with yes men. We are being run by the inexperienced . They have no idea what it really takes to run a trucking company.

All trucking companies in one way or another, abuse their help. Sit down, be honest about it, and make a pro, and con list about everything related to your job, then compare them to what you know is fact, about a potential new employer. Better have your wife’s input too, then make your decision.
Some on here never work outside of the CCX/Con-way/XPO fence and until you are out there to see what color the grass really is over there you have no room to talk. Every driving job I've worked at had pros and cons. It all comes down to how those pros and cons fit into your life.

The real problems are not local. And that’s causing a lot of problems locally.
I thought the same thing until you look a little closer...The FAC were my barns runs are day and night. The 2 in the Carlstadt region are total sh1t shows. The 2 in the Columbus region are busy but nowhere nearly jacked-up as the ones in Carlstadt region. Yes alot of this comes from the top down, but how can 2 region right next to each other be so different

I thought the same thing until you look a little closer...The FAC were my barns runs are day and night. The 2 in the Carlstadt region are total sh1t shows. The 2 in the Columbus region are busy but nowhere nearly jacked-up as the ones in Carlstadt region. Yes alot of this comes from the top down, but how can 2 region right next to each other be so different

You’re having pretty good luck in the Columbus region. That’s where I quit. I wish you continued good luck.

B
I really enjoy it. Money is good, treated fairly, pretty much left alone, not really a whole lot of contact with any management once you figure system out, everything is easy peasy.