XPO | Bonehead FOS, DSR, and DW

Swept out after? Remember a trailer is never empty till it’s swept out. At least that’s what was printed on the trailer walls way back when.
You can’t find a broom, we hide one like we used to hide load bars, but people take it and don’t put it back. If you do find a broom, good luck with finding a shovel. Oh, and if you have a broom and a shovel, good luck finding a trash can (that’s not overflowing)! Sad indeed. This place is the definition of insanity, but they keep paying me so…. Seven more years, that’s my goal.

You can’t find a broom, we hide one like we used to hide load bars, but people take it and don’t put it back. If you do find a broom, good luck with finding a shovel. Oh, and if you have a broom and a shovel, good luck finding a trash can (that’s not overflowing)! Sad indeed. This place is the definition of insanity, but they keep paying me so…. Seven more years, that’s my goal.
Can't find a broom....Use skid to bulldoze trash to the nose
Can't find shovel, or can is over flowing.....Lift dock plate and sweep it out the back and onto the ground

That sucks ! We are in the same boat. Crazy ting is you’ll still find some who defend it .
Some extra management has been cleaning out the Debris. They fill 2 40 yard dumpsters every day with trashed freight for the last couple weeks and we’re still not cleaned up. We literally had mountains of destroyed freight that encompassed 75% of our dock. The only positive aspect of it right now is that they are making some effort where they weren’t for months. The trash haulers are having a field day dumpster diving and coming up with some pretty good scores.
If this does not change soon I’m afraid that we all will be looking for new jobs. I am surprised that the customers have tolerated it for so long. It was so bad that we had a dock worker that didn’t show up for a week and we thought about sending out a canine search team into the middle the dock to see if he was in there somewhere. So far he has not been recovered.

Last edited:
I used to strap a push broom to the side wall of my trailer when working the city. When empty, I’d sweep up and have a nice clean unit. I hated working a full delivery van with wood chips and other debris that would act as mini chock blocks for my plt Jack. How frustrating that was.

That sucks ! We are in the same boat. Crazy ting is you’ll still find some who defend it .
Some extra management has been cleaning out the Debris. They fill 2 40 yard dumpsters every day with trashed freight for the last couple weeks and we’re still not cleaned up. We literally had mountains of destroyed freight that encompassed 75% of our dock. The only positive aspect of it right now is that they are making some effort where they weren’t for months. The trash haulers are having a field day dumpster diving and coming up with some pretty good scores.
If this does not change soon I’m afraid that we all will be looking for new jobs. I am surprised that the customers have tolerated it for so long. It was so bad that we had a dock worker that didn’t show up for a week and we thought about sending out a canine search team into the middle the dock to see if he was in there somewhere. So far he has not been recovered.
I wish I was a trash hauler and could dumpster dive the ltl companies trashed osad freight lots of good stuff gets trashed

I used to strap a push broom to the side wall of my trailer when working the city. When empty, I’d sweep up and have a nice clean unit. I hated working a full delivery van with wood chips and other debris that would act as mini chock blocks for my plt Jack. How frustrating that was.
I wish I was a trash hauler and could dumpster dive the ltl companies trashed osad freight lots of good stuff gets trashed
Don’t get caught taking anything… they’ll fire you for that, at least that’s the way it Used to be. Or did they change the policy?…do they have so much damaged freight now that they just turn your backs when an employee is os&d dumpster diving?

Don’t get caught taking anything… they’ll fire you for that, at least that’s the way it Used to be. Or did they change the policy?…do they have so much damaged freight now that they just turn your backs when an employee is os&d dumpster diving?
I wouldn’t take anything, i do believe you can still get fired for taking the damaged freight that gets dumped. I have heard of some terminals at various carriers allowing employees to take damaged freight that is going to get dumped but not a risk I am personally willing to take.

All your customers are probably having the same os&d issues with all their other LTL carriers that they use.
why are they still using XPO logistics with all the damage and claims that your customers are experiencing?… my guess is that they probably have given them a deep discount on certain lanes that they use. Who knows really why anybody would use xpo with all the wrecked and trashed up freight that they are presenting to their frustrated customers.
It’s just one of those mysteries!

I wouldn’t take anything, i do believe you can still get fired for taking the damaged freight that gets dumped. I have heard of some terminals at various carriers allowing employees to take damaged freight that is going to get dumped but not a risk I am personally willing to take.
At my terminal the tm said if it's in the dumpster it's fair game

Holy smokes ! You think this will last 7 more ? At this pace !