FedEx Freight | California Fedex Freight Drivers Move To Cut Ties With Teamsters

Looking back at the original numbers... Didn't realize it's been 4 YEARS!

Over 4 YEARS ago the vote for representation was 73+% (33-12).

Now it's 66% (31-16).

Still, after 4 years, that is a strong majority. I'm not about to second guess that. Clearly most are pleased, or at least content.

As a side note, beyond the above news story, there is zero mention of it anywhere. Not even (yet) on the Teamster website, nor FedEx news.
:popcorn:
NICE. guess they paid attention to the bullshit lies and false promises made in CLT

What's your point? We got all our money & vacation back, it was monkey see monkey do back then yrc took a cut abf wanted the same thing. Im not saying the union is perfect but i'd rather have some kind of representation with big business because your nothing more then a number and very replaceable....

Can’t argue common sense. I’d like a little representation myself, but at what cost

What's your point? We got all our money & vacation back, it was monkey see monkey do back then yrc took a cut abf wanted the same thing. Im not saying the union is perfect but i'd rather have some kind of representation with big business because your nothing more then a number and very replaceable....

1997 Big Stick negotiation ....
https://labornotes.org/2017/08/1997-ups-strike-beating-big-business-business-unionism

2018 Teamsters ride in on tricycles.... just search you will find the stories

This is my point the Teamsters have lost their @#$# #$%s (edited to be politically correct).

Hope I am never in a negotiation with a monkey. The Teamsters have lost their members because they forgot who they represent, and were to busy stealing from the pension fund and playing patty cake with management.

But then again this is FedEx forum were the only Teamsters in here would be trolls trying too plant seeds in dust.

Don't get me wrong if there was a union that remembered its members first and was not in it to line their own pockets then this might be a good thing. But from the UPS drivers I see today they pump their chest up with "I got mine" screw the new drivers.
You also need to remember the new generation has the attention span of 10 seconds or less. So none of them will read this unless its on TMZ.

Last old school values have left the building and there is limited brotherhood alliance left.

1997 Big Stick negotiation ....
https://labornotes.org/2017/08/1997-ups-strike-beating-big-business-business-unionism

2018 Teamsters ride in on tricycles.... just search you will find the stories

This is my point the Teamsters have lost their @#$# #$%s (edited to be politically correct).

Hope I am never in a negotiation with a monkey. The Teamsters have lost their members because they forgot who they represent, and were to busy stealing from the pension fund and playing patty cake with management.

But then again this is FedEx forum were the only Teamsters in here would be trolls trying too plant seeds in dust.

Don't get me wrong if there was a union that remembered its members first and was not in it to line their own pockets then this might be a good thing. But from the UPS drivers I see today they pump their chest up with "I got mine" screw the new drivers.
You also need to remember the new generation has the attention span of 10 seconds or less. So none of them will read this unless its on TMZ.

Last old school values have left the building and there is limited brotherhood alliance left.
Trolls....your funny.....you sound like a disgruntled ex teamster.

No, the question you should ask is, how's having the Teamsters involved in my profession worked out for me?

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

Alexander the Great
and this company has a lot of sheep. no balls, head in ass workers. those that speak there mind are a dying breed. Hate to see where this company and the industry are in 10 years.

True stuff. When economies dictate, Companies take advantage of their leverage (by cutting compensation). The only way for employees to take equal advantage (when economies allow) is through collective bargaining. "Competent" representation can/should provide fairness and balance to the relationship.

Members have to hold their Union accountable, and pay attention, which is (most) often the weak link in the chain.

Just curios, What has the union given these drivers in a contract that Fedex didn’t give them already?
Don’t tell me job security!
I don’t buy into the “fired for any reason at any time” crap either because you have to be a real screwup to get fired from Fedex and those people need(ed)to be fired, not saved, to linger around and still be a screwup.

If you do your job like your supposed to, you don’t need anyone “represent you”.

Fedex Freight is one of the top paying LTL freight companies. Look at YRC, a laughing stock...ABF is the only decent paying union LTL drivers left and they make about what we do...UPS freight also makes about what we do at least in my area of the USA.
So why a Union? Their great under funded pension plan?

To me they are desperate for paying memebers as they know they are on a sinking ship and their time in the trucking industry is short lived. They will lie to you in a second.
The union is not it used to be, for the workers. It’s now about putting money into their wallets to secure their own retirement. Also I’ve never been in a union and don’t need one, and have never ever been fired from a job in my life. I don’t need to pay someone to “protect my job” because only lazy ****s need their job protected.
Just my opinion is all!

Last edited:
Just curios, What has the union given these drivers in a contract that Fedex didn’t give them already?
Don’t tell me job security!
I don’t buy into the “fired for any reason at any time” crap either because you have to be a real screwup to get fired from Fedex and those people need(ed)to be fired, not saved, to linger around and still be a screwup.

If you do your job like your supposed to, you don’t need anyone to “represent you”.

Fedex Freight is one of the top paying LTL freight companies. Look at YRC, a laughing stock...ABF is the only decent paying union LTL drivers left and they make about what we do...UPS freight also makes about what we do at least in my area of the USA.
So why a Union?
To me they are desperate for paying memebers as they know they are on a sinking ship and their time in the trucking industry is short lived. They will lie to you in a second.
The union is not it used to be, for the workers. It’s now about pudding their wallets to secure their own retirement. Also I’ve never been in a union and don’t need one and have never ever been fired from a job in my life.
Just my option is all!
You don't need a union until your that person who gets fired for something stupid. (Iv'e never been fired or close to it) Second, do you think your company don't lie to you? They all lie, live with it. Third you talk about wage & call YRC the laughing stock, the truth be told their total package is probably the same if not better then yours. These are fact's not opinion....

You don't need a union until your that person who gets fired for something stupid. (Iv'e never been fired or close to it) Second, do you think your company don't lie to you? They all lie, live with it. Third you talk about wage & call YRC the laughing stock, the truth be told their total package is probably the same if not better then yours. These are fact's not opinion....
I never said that Fedex management never had lied I know for a fact they do, everyone does.
Again if I got fired for something I’m sure there would be a good reason but I digress as I’ve never been fired so I can’t say that I wouldn’t need representation at that point but that’s what lawyers are for.
Also as to YRC pay I disagree they top out at $25 and change and their pensions are in the toilet. That is a fact not opinion.
But I’m content with my benes and compensation I receive, but that’s just me, some think they should get rich from driving a truck.

So what about insurance copays and deductibles, are you still ahead in total compensation? How much does Fred pay into your 401k without your participation?

Honestly, I personally do not use the medical very often, but regular check ups are no co-pay, $20 if you need to see the doctor, but over all it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. For medical vision and dental my weekly deductible is $32 and change so about $1664 a year. I just got prescription sun glasses and had to pay $75 out of pocket. Not sure if that’s bad, or good, but to me it seems reasonable.
My wife’s prescriptions are $5 or less and some are free. She’s diabetic too so she takes allot of medications.

A 100% Free medical is good of course but again they do pay for it in the form of union dues, so nothing is really free, but I honestly cannot answer that question 100% accurately on the deductible.
I’m thinking it’s $2500 per person a year? Once’s that’s Met it’s 100% paid From what I understand.
My wife spent a night in the hospital last year and the bill was almost 50 grand with all the tests they ran, ambulance, lab and blood work, and all I paid was $250 for the emergency room co-pay. Ive never received an bill for anything.

Fred matches 100% up to the first 2% you put in, and they also have a 100% company funded pension retirement plan, based on years of service and age, determines how much they put in, it’s meant to supplement your retirement and not to be solution to your retirement income.

It’s free money and mine is estimated to be about 130k when I retire. Plus my 401K and SS IF that still exists lol, I should have enough to live out my days comfortably.

Look, everyone has to do what they think is best for them, I’m just curious what the union contract has given these drivers over what Fedex already gives, free medical for me personally is not a game changer.
I just don’t see a benefit in having union representation in today’s workforce, everything is so geared to diversity and not offending workers big companies are bending over backwards to not be sued by its employees.

I never said that Fedex management never had lied I know for a fact they do, everyone does.
Again if I got fired for something I’m sure there would be a good reason but I digress as I’ve never been fired so I can’t say that I wouldn’t need representation at that point but that’s what lawyers are for.
Also as to YRC pay I disagree they top out at $25 and change and their pensions are in the toilet. That is a fact not opinion.
But I’m content with my benes and compensation I receive, but that’s just me, some think they should get rich from driving a truck.
I seen your posts on the yrc forum & you quoted two different amounts for healthcare contributions one was $32.64 & the other was $22.85 what is it? You also said you get like 5 sick days & like $33 an hour vacation pay....is that actual amount or (like) the amount? You were over there wishing them good luck on the upcoming vote then call them the laughingstock is the industry when you post in your own playground kinda hypocritical wouldn’t you say....

I seen your posts on the yrc forum & you quoted two different amounts for healthcare contributions one was $32.64 & the other was $22.85 what is it? You also said you get like 5 sick days & like $33 an hour vacation pay....is that actual amount or (like) the amount? You were over there wishing them good luck on the upcoming vote then call them the laughingstock is the industry when you post in your own playground kinda hypocritical wouldn’t you say....

Well they know they are a laughing stock, so it’s no secret, so be it hypocritical, as you say, The truth is the truth. I mean I’m not going to tell them to their face that YRC sucks because they don’t need me, not a teamster, to tell them as they already know that. I post on these forums freely I have nothing to hide.

$22.85 is for the medical only the $32.64 is all three combined. If you had stalked me properly you would have seen that.
And for vacation pay I’ll be honest it’s “like” that amount last year 2018, lol, I just looked at one of my pay stubs as I’ve taken 1 day of vacation this year and it comes out to $30.47 on my vacation rate, they base it on your yearly earnings to come out with an average hourly pay. Some guys get around $37 and hour for vacation it all depends on how much you make year to year. I’m back on the city and don’t make as much as I made on the road and that affects my vacation rate, but that was my choice.

I do wish them (Teamster) luck I really do hope they all get what they want but I know they all won’t be happy with the end results, obviously.
I talk with these guys on the streets and they are just like anyone else just trying to make a living. They know the union and YRC has screwed them. I’m not going to stand there and add insult to injury to their face even though I have discussed in length, in person, with current teamster drivers and they know that everyone is pointing the fingers at them and YRC.

I earn 40 hours a year sick time or as the call it now, personal time off. That’s paid at my regular hourly rate.
Anything else you would like to know just let me know. I have my ATM pin # ready for you lol

Last edited:
Well they know they are a laughing stock, so it’s no secret, so be it hypocritical, as you say, The truth is the truth. I mean I’m not going to tell them to their face that YRC sucks because they don’t need me, not a teamster, to tell them as they already know that. I post on these forums freely I have nothing to hide.

$22.85 is for the medical only the $32.64 is all three combined. If you had stalked me properly you would have seen that.
And for vacation pay I’ll be honest it’s “like” that amount lol but they base it on your yearly earnings to come out with an average hourly pay. Some guys get around $37 and hour for vacation it all depends on how much you make year to year. I’m back on the city and don’t make as much as I made on the road but that was my choice.

I do wish them (Teamster) luck I really do hope they all get what they want but I know they all won’t be happy with the end results, obviously.
I talk with these guys on the streets and they are just like anyone else just trying to make a living. They know the union and YRC has screwed them. I’m not going to stand there and add insult to injury.

I earn 40 hours a year sick time or as the call it now, personal time off. That’s paid at my regular hourly rate.
Anything else you would like to know just let me know. I have my ATM pin # ready for you lol

And for vacation pay I’ll be honest it’s “like” that amount lol but they base it on your yearly earnings to come out with an average hourly pay. Some guys get around $37 and hour for vacation it all depends on how much you make year to year. I’m back on the city and don’t make as much as I made on the road but that was my choice.

I talk with these guys on the streets and they are just like anyone else just trying to make a living. They know the union and YRC has screwed them. I’m not going to stand there and add insult to injury.

Im not stocking you, i bounce from board to board. I like to know what other carriers make/pay or if other parts of the country pay the same....