FedEx Freight | California Fedex Freight Drivers Move To Cut Ties With Teamsters

Trolls....your funny.....you sound like a disgruntled ex teamster.
No ex-teamster here, never been in a union. Just literate. You don't need to be part of one to know they have lost their balls when it comes to negotiating lately.
If I was a teamsters I would have lost my pension for working at a non-union shop. Another BS rule of big brother Hoffa. They may change this rule for the retired teamsters who will have their pension reduced, but that's another story. It does not involve me but I feel for them.

I am old enough to remember Jim Jones, Alfred E. Neuman...
So I don't drink Kool-Aid (even purple Kool-Aid) and I do "Question authority"

No ex-teamster here, never been in a union. Just literate. You don't need to be part of one to know they have lost their balls when it comes to negotiating lately.
If I was a teamsters I would have lost my pension for working at a non-union shop. Another BS rule of big brother Hoffa. They may change this rule for the retired teamsters who will have their pension reduced, but that's another story. It does not involve me but I feel for them.

It really does help to be in a union to preach about one....not being sarcastic

Just a question , how would you loose your teamster pension for working non? If you are vested you don't loose it.

Just a question , how would you loose your teamster pension for working non? If you are vested you don't loose it.
You can be penalized for working a non union job if you're receiving pension income. But you dont lose it working a non union job if you're not drawing pension pay. Like you say once you are vested it's yours. Getting caught working for a unapproved employer and drawing pension money they will make you reimburse any income you have received.

Also in one of your earlier post you said if you get fired for a **** poor reason its lawyer time rather than have a union to save you. I will educate you fed ex can fire for any reason being an at will employee. The only thing they can not do is discriminate against you or sexually harrasse you resulting in termination.
Except in montana they have the WDFEA wrongful discharge from employment act , now lets do that 49 more times

It really does help to be in a union to preach about one....not being sarcastic
No preaching here. :argue: I work at FedEx Freight and if the Teamsters want to represent LTL Drivers then all I am saying is they should start doing a better job for the members on their books.
Don't know for sure maybe you (GO40) can confirm but in Stockton all the FedEx drivers have received form the teamsters is a bill for their dues. Sounds like a pay cut to me.

So I Still don't drink Kool-Aid (even purple Kool-Aid and or Teamsters Kool-Aid)
and I do "Question authority"

GO40 were do you work? Are you still working or just recruiting new Teamsters to make sure your pension is funded by new members? What union do you place your hat at?
Why are you in a FedEx forum? :poke:

Could FedEx Freight do better yes, could the Teamsters do better HELL YES.

Is posting here going to change anything no :violin:.

:bgroovy::bgroovy:Sorry just having fun with :shift:images.

No preaching here. :argue: I work at FedEx Freight and if the Teamsters want to represent LTL Drivers then all I am saying is they should start doing a better job for the members on their books.
Don't know for sure maybe you (GO40) can confirm but in Stockton all the FedEx drivers have received form the teamsters is a bill for their dues. Sounds like a pay cut to me.

So I Still don't drink Kool-Aid (even purple Kool-Aid and or Teamsters Kool-Aid)

GO40 were do you work? Are you still working or just recruiting new Teamsters to make sure your pension is funded by new members? What union do you place your hat at?

I work at Abf, not recruiting anyone.... I’m in central Pennsylvania teamsters (87% funded) I’m in this forum because I can be, no rules broken. Union members pay dues how is that a pay cut? It’s tax deductible....

You should do some research before you come on here spotting off about the union stuff you obviously know nothing or very little about. No one in Stockton is paying union dues unless they have a contract which they obviously don't. No reason to bring this debate back unless you have something new, that already hasn't been debated./end

You should do some research before you come on here spotting off about the union stuff you obviously know nothing or very little about. No one in Stockton is paying union dues unless they have a contract which they obviously don't. No reason to bring this debate back unless you have something new, that already hasn't been debated./end
Glade to hear it no dues until a contract is done.
How long has the Teamsters been working on a contract???
Kind of makes my point the Teamsters have lost their balls and are playing patty cake with management. Check this out ... you can even play Patty Cake with yourself according to this video.

And yes this debate is over, I am done.

Ok, you got me sorry I didn’t know they changed it. I will pay my $756 dollars a year for health coverage & the $21,122.65 that Abf contributed to my pension fund in 2018....

Last edited:
Glade to hear it no dues until a contract is done.
How long has the Teamsters been working on a contract???
Kind of makes my point the Teamsters have lost their balls and are playing patty cake with management. Check this out ... you can even play Patty Cake with yourself according to this video.

And yes this debate is over, I am done.

One last post since I can't resist ignorant trolls. You brought up the union pensions, I bet you have no clue if the economy takes a dump like in 2008 Fed Ex can take back our portable pension.

If someone is depending on our Pension at FDX to be an end all for their retirement I feel sorry for them. I do believe if the economy takes another hit like it did in 08, I don't think Central States will be able to weather the storm. If Central States goes bust a lot of good men will be screwed.

You can be penalized for working a non union job if you're receiving pension income. But you dont lose it working a non union job if you're not drawing pension pay. Like you say once you are vested it's yours. Getting caught working for a unapproved employer and drawing pension money they will make you reimburse any income you have received.
Yeah I knew that, guess I should have went on a little farther with my question and answer, all is good no harm no foul, guess I could have brought up all the stuff about working while drawing pension, also if he was drawing it probably took a big hit on drawing it before he was even close to the age of retirement