Yellow | Customer Service Guy Speaking Requesting Vote Yes

Ad Hominem (Argument To The Man):

attacking the person instead of attacking his argument. For example, "Von Daniken's books about ancient astronauts are worthless because he is a convicted forger and embezzler." (Which is true, but that's not why they're worthless.)

More Specifically -> Poisoning the well – a type of ad hominem where adverse information about a target is presented with the intention of discrediting everything that the target person says.

Description of Ad Hominem

Translated from Latin to English, "Ad Hominem" means "against the man" or "against the person."

An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B makes an attack on person A.
Therefore A's claim is false.

The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made).
Example of Ad Hominem

Bill: "I believe that abortion is morally wrong."
Dave: "Of course you would say that, you're a priest."
Bill: "What about the arguments I gave to support my position?"
Dave: "Those don't count. Like I said, you're a priest, so you have to say that abortion is wrong. Further, you are just a lackey to the Pope, so I can't believe what you say."

Ok. My opinion.
I find it extremely unusual for an employee who has worked for YRC for the past 2 years, to all of a sudden find the urge to post 7 comments in the past 2 days, explaining to us why we need to vote yes on this proposal.
During the last MOU, we had plenty of new YRC "Teamsters" slither out of the woodwork, never to be seen again after approval.

First paragraph. "Honestly. I swear to you, I'm 100% bona fide Teamster." That is the 1st red flag.
Second paragraph. "Feel sorry for me/Show me pity & I'm so lucky to have a job!" 2nd flag.
Third paragraph. "The future of uncertainty and intimidation." 3rd flag.

Here was the sentence you posted originally. Hypocrite!
"You may say you're acting on principle but your just being selfish, bitter, and childish."

Any more educated fancy words such as Ad Hominem?

Xnins, don't worry at all. THESE TEAmsters might huff and puff,complain and
Rail against being screwed , and wipe their butts with ballots , but that dirty ballot
Will be checked "yes".

They will always vote for any scam shoved in front of em.
That's the history . They're not gonna buck back now. They'll follow
That pension through every loser contract,right into abject poverty..

You're safe, xnins.

Rail against being screwed , and wipe their butts with ballots , but that dirty ballot
Will be checked "yes".

You're safe, xnins.

You aren't safe from me. Its obvious xnins is a mangement plant and he can take back to the losers running this pos into the ground, that this teamster isnt falling for their bs.

@ Hanalad - You've yet to disprove these claims. I'm still not a teamster I'm non-union customer service. I guess I can find my initial hire letter and photo copy that if you'd like? However, I'll continue to say you're attacks aren't addressing the real issues.

1) I've never once claimed I'm a "bona fide" teamster. (show me where I said this post number date and time? that's right didn't think so)
2) So what I have a 2nd job never asked you to feel sorry for me I actually enjoy both jobs.
3) I never said that please show me what post that was in?
4) I'm not bitter and certainly not childish. Selfish...no I don't think so I'm trying to educate you about what your options are but you keep attacking me personally rather than the items I bring up.
5) It appears you still don't understand the word since you continually are representing the definition of it in your replies. Somebody's poisoned the waterhole! - YouTube perhaps you'll realize it if its said by someone on the same level as you. (yes that was a personal attack)

@hairs2u - Yes you're right I love my job but yes I will have to find another one but so will you. Way to be an upstanding person and take everyone down with you because you're bitter and don't understand that our debtors control our future. What do you hope to gain by voting no. Please address this WHAT THE @%#$ DO YOU HOPE TO GAIN?

@slabpyle - I hope you're right.

Whether he is or isn't- he makes valid points in both his posts. Listen to him or ignore him- the results are the same. The balloon payments are coming due. YRCW is seeking a solution. Fix it or suffer the consequences. Unless you're willing/able to assume the debt......

We've fired how many presidents....??? Blamed this on how many people....??? Had how many FAILED change of operations..??? Disrupted and caused stress and sacrifice in the lives of how many families...?? I have two words for YRC upper management and butt-kissers. Anyone wanna guess ? Fool me once shame on you but fool me twice ? Let the banks and big shots figure it out and leave the workers alone.

our ado said that in 5 years maybe you can start getting something back in pay and pension. 5 years is a long time for older workers at my barn, which is most of the workforce. a few in their 30's, more late to mid 40's, the rest over 50.
most of us put up with nights, evenings, weekends to get a good pension, vacations and wages. all have been cut, pension most of all.
my 15% is paying for my healthcare, it ain't free.

What the heck is an ado? Never heard of that one lol Have been a few new job titles everywhere. I guess that means a pay raise?

our ado said that in 5 years maybe you can start getting something back in pay and pension. 5 years is a long time for older workers at my barn, which is most of the workforce. a few in their 30's, more late to mid 40's, the rest over 50.
most of us put up with nights, evenings, weekends to get a good pension, vacations and wages. all have been cut, pension most of all.
my 15% is paying for my healthcare, it ain't free.

How many ex YFSY/RDWY drivers do you really think FedEx, ConWay, OD or Estes will hire? I bet at least 1/2 of the freight goes that way should YRC close....something to ponder if you think you are just going to follow the freight.

Are the two of you related?

Will be checked "yes".

You're safe, xnins.

The only LOSER, is the one staring back at you in the morning when you wake up!
Your jealousy, (what will I accomplish after retirement? I don't have a retirement???) is apparent.
You are not a Teamster! Obviously!
What exactly is your agenda? Anger @Seniority? Company? Retirees? Suck@$$es?The World? No OT? The Weather?

@ Hanalad - You've yet to disprove these claims. I'm still not a teamster I'm non-union customer service. I guess I can find my initial hire letter and photo copy that if you'd like? However, I'll continue to say you're attacks aren't addressing the real issues.

1) I've never once claimed I'm a "bona fide" teamster. (show me where I said this post number date and time? that's right didn't think so)
2) So what I have a 2nd job never asked you to feel sorry for me I actually enjoy both jobs.
3) I never said that please show me what post that was in?
4) I'm not bitter and certainly not childish. Selfish...no I don't think so I'm trying to educate you about what your options are but you keep attacking me personally rather than the items I bring up.
5) It appears you still don't understand the word since you continually are representing the definition of it in your replies. Somebody's poisoned the waterhole! - YouTube perhaps you'll realize it if its said by someone on the same level as you. (yes that was a personal attack)

@hairs2u - Yes you're right I love my job but yes I will have to find another one but so will you. Way to be an upstanding person and take everyone down with you because you're bitter and don't understand that our debtors control our future. What do you hope to gain by voting no. Please address this WHAT THE @%#$ DO YOU HOPE TO GAIN?

@slabpyle - I hope you're right.

I guess WE will find out exactly which "employee" has egg on their face, in only 2-3 days!
After that, I can't hardly wait to decide my curriculum(vacation) while you are seeking out new employment.

Heck you and I could be related hanalad. Ever seen Cheech and Chong Still Smoking? ;)

Cheech and Chong. Funny but dysfunctional. Kind of reminds me of YRC Corp.

Wasn't Tommy Chong made a scapegoat and given a 2 year prison term for selling bongs?

I've been with YRC Freight for a little over two years in one of the call centers. (yes I really do work here if I didn't how do I know the terminal codes 309 chicago, 525 dallas, 187 brooklyn, 740 miami)

I think people are trying to hold on to what isn't anymore. I've been in the job market, it sucks. I'm less than 30 years old. Nobody gets pensions anymore unless your some bigwig. I can't believe that I'm getting paid 45% more for doing a job that is so damn simple. I used to work for banking company as customer service and now I'm doing the exact same thing here for 1.45 times more with three weeks vacation/sick pay vs two weeks vacation at the bank.

Whats done is done. I understand you don't like what happened but guess what business took a dive, competition has grown, bad decisions were made, there was a recession. Nobody is going to go back to what they made prior to these concessions I've heard about. So you make 15% less? Big deal you got a job that still pays more than anyone else for the same job. Consider yourself lucky I'd be more than happy to take a 15% cut in pay to continue a good job with security.

If everyone is so happy to vote against this extension what are you going to do afterwards? Sure go on collect unemployment at well over half what you were making. Then what? You going to do that for a 12 months maybe then find another job that pays less? So let me get this right you're mad about a 15% cut in pay but you're more than happy to take a 50% cut for 12 months and then a permanent 20-40% cut with another company going forward. Oh and news flash all corporations are the same...profits profits profits. You're lucky to work for one that at least pays you better than counterparts in the industry.

Just my two cents. For all those who hate this company why haven't you left yet? You're not locked into a contract. Is it because you're not going to be able to find anything that pays this well or that you like as much?

Why are you still here? If things are so much greener on the other side who in their right mind would stay at YRC Freight. If you're still here what do you stand to gain from voting for no concessions? YRCW owes so much in debt that we'll probably never be free of it go look at the financials do the math we can't survive like this. Just because you vote no the board's not going to be like "Oh damn they called our bluff guys lets go open that vault of cash we had hidden from our balance sheet in the Caymen islands" You may say you're acting on principle but your just being selfish, bitter, and childish.

DO THE MATH DO THE MATH DO THE MATH - do it for your personal situation, do it for the balance sheet, do it for the 100,000 people (families) who will be affected by your decision.

Seems like your cuts should be more!! Because you are obviously paid wayyyyyyyy over industry standards as welch likes to say..
Go answer the phones and leave the teamster work to the teamsters

Don't you guys think the yes/no stuff is over yet? The votes are all in- too late to send one now. Now it's just the counting...

I have been around O.D drivers and mgmt. on a daily basis at a large National Account that YRC serves for the past 10 years.They encourage their drivers on a daily basis not to even associate with union drivers. They have regular meetings to entrench this in their minds. They will gladly hire rookie drivers, train them the O.D. Way and not have to deal with the union environment being mixed into their non-union world.

I have been around O.D drivers and mgmt. on a daily basis at a large National Account that YRC serves for the past 10 years.They encourage their drivers on a daily basis not to even associate with union drivers. They have regular meetings to entrench this in their minds. They will gladly hire rookie drivers, train them the O.D. Way and not have to deal with the union environment being mixed into their non-union world.
So what does that have to do with counting the votes Weds?