FedEx Freight | Fedex Corporate Bonus Structure

You think you guys have it bad, try being at the bottom of the board.

I used to be able to get my 40, even if it meant pushing a broom for an hour or two. Now they say i can't do that. If there's no freight to be moved you have to go. Sweeping is maintenance

Hope part timers are not working before you if so you need to speak up and let them know that's not how it works.

Hope part timers are not working before you if so you need to speak up and let them know that's not how it works.

All of the dock CDSAs have and we get told "we're working on it". This is the answer we get from the terminal manager. I told them I'm not leaving while there's still a part timer on the dock. I was told if I refuse to leave, I'll get hit with a critical for insubordination.

I get to work and I do nothing. I move 1.5 bph sometimes less. I'm not helping you take money out of my pocket.

All of the dock CDSAs have and we get told "we're working on it". This is the answer we get from the terminal manager. I told them I'm not leaving while there's still a part timer on the dock. I was told if I refuse to leave, I'll get hit with a critical for insubordination.

I get to work and I do nothing. I move 1.5 bph sometimes less. I'm not helping you take money out of my pocket.

Call hr

yea lucky! I didn’t have to take a 1800 pay cut. Of course he would rather pay the 1800. The point is he didn’t have too.
That’s my point, you praise him for paying the $1,800 when “he didn’t have to” but it’s ok that he offers crappy insurance to your spouse...:scratchhead::idunno:

"The new agreement also includes some compensation limits for YRC Freight’s executive ranks. Under the agreement, for every dollar that YRC executives receive in bonuses, the bargaining unit gets $2 split equally among the members, according to a Teamsters document. In other words, $5 million in bonuses in a given year paid to YRC executives would mean the union would get $10 million to share among members."

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/yrc-teamsters-enter-five-year-contract-ending-years-labor-strife

Good thing we have that open door policy, we can just ask these guys to give us some of their bonuses, made on our backs. I'm sure they'll just hand it over and pay the tax on it, like the company does for their bonuses.:lmao:
Now to hopefully put the topic back on track...

My point is YRC had to get in writing something we’ve enjoyed for many years...a bonus check!!

They also have no cost health insurance in writing,how long have you had that?
If that was such a big deal why isn’t everyone beating down the doors to get in?? Hell, even the old timers they have left can’t afford to get out!! It’s a ::shit:: job with a ::shit:: company...even with whatever healthcare they have in writing!! :1036316054:

There are many things that erode the morale of the workforce...are you willing to stand up for any and all causes (even if it means calling out your own co-workers) or just the ones that derive from the execs/management??

You may or may not have noticed that I mentioned the reduced morale of local management after their bonuses were taken...maybe you didn't. That wasn't a knock on local management that was pointing out that I see the results of that corporate greed brings to EVERYONE I work with.
In addition, I do call out my own...regularly, and much to their dismay! I'm hated by no one, but loved by the same number of people...
I still (and foolishly I might add) try and look at our company as a team. Corporate is doing their very best to change that though.

You may or may not have noticed that I mentioned the reduced morale of local management after their bonuses were taken...maybe you didn't. That wasn't a knock on local management that was pointing out that I see the results of that corporate greed brings to EVERYONE I work with.
In addition, I do call out my own...regularly, and much to their dismay! I'm hated by no one, but loved by the same number of people...
I still (and foolishly I might add) try and look at our company as a team. Corporate is doing their very best to change that though.
Local management (those who have been here for awhile) don’t seem to be that discouraged after talking to them. Most realize that the bonus is extra and although all would’ve loved to received one, it’s not worth crying over. Not sure how long you’ve been with the company but most are the same ones who took a 5% pay cut while we were spared and they’ve yet to recoup that money. Again, although the bonus would’ve been nice, being salary they’re privy to benefits that we’re not that somewhat makes up for no bonus.

Kudos to you for having the testicular fortitude to call out your fellow teammates!! :1036316054: Some claim they want to see changes (for the better) but refuse to start with their friends...guess it’s just easier to call out the big bad execs.

Don’t get to discouraged, we’re all a team but sometimes corporate just can’t see the forest for the trees. I will say this though, I’ve been here 25 years and while execs come and go, I’m still here!!

There are plenty of applicants (some qualified, some not) but like most good companies, the opportunity to promote from within is usually the preferred route for various positive reasons.

The driver apprentice program is a great program and I'll forever be grateful for the opportunity FedEx gave me. That being said, I feel like I was lied to. I was never told that I'd be a full time dock worker with some runs here and there. I was told there was a real need for drivers and there would be so much overtime that I wouldn't know what to do. 6 months later I'm working the dock 33 or 34 hours a week before getting kicked out of the building and the only runs I see are 160 miles round trip and take 6 or 7 hours.

I can relate to what you’re dealing with. I haven’t seen a 40 hour check in about 2 months and 95% of the hours that I do get are spent on a forklift. The sad part is I’m not even the bottom guy anymore. Some of those guys have been getting less than 20 hours a week and no drive time at all.
The driver apprentice program is a great program and I'll forever be grateful for the opportunity FedEx gave me. That being said, I feel like I was lied to. I was never told that I'd be a full time dock worker with some runs here and there. I was told there was a real need for drivers and there would be so much overtime that I wouldn't know what to do. 6 months later I'm working the dock 33 or 34 hours a week before getting kicked out of the building and the only runs I see are 160 miles round trip and take 6 or 7 hours.

Last edited:
There are plenty of applicants (some qualified, some not) but like most good companies, the opportunity to promote from within is usually the preferred route for various positive reasons.
Sure red, they want to spend money training a driver instead of hiring an experienced driver, you need to get your head out of your tm's ass the lack of oxygen is giving you brain damage.