FedEx Freight | Fedex Corporate Bonus Structure

Just keep this civil Joe....
We really don't need to attack each other Sir.

So be it , that's how you feel.
I do not want anyone to toss you under the bus either.

Just saying/:usa:SMOKESTACK-thank you

I'm all about spirited conversations that what this is all about.
That's why we come here , to get it off our chest without the
companies interference. I'm here to watch it ALL as well being
knowledgeable about the business we are all in. This goes for
this entire site , top to bottom , all of it my friend.

Sure red, they want to spend money training a driver instead of hiring an experienced driver, you need to get your head out of your tm's ass the lack of oxygen is giving you brain damage.
Dude, are you still stuck in the 60’s!!?? Yes, companies would rather spend the money to train drivers (when applicable) than to hire off the street for various positive reasons.

“Experienced“ drivers often bring unwanted baggage such as “this is how we did it at so and so trucking...” and “I’m doing it this way instead because it’s how I was taught...” or the dreaded, “when I worked for a union company...”, etc...

Companies would rather promote from within because they already have money invested in the employee, employees are already aware of how the company operates, and promotions improve the moral of those being promoted as well as others who are happy for the said promoted employee.

It’s not rocket science!!

Dude, are you still stuck in the 60’s!!?? Yes, companies would rather spend the money to train drivers (when applicable) than to hire off the street for various positive reasons.

“Experienced“ drivers often bring unwanted baggage such as “this is how we did it at so and so trucking...” and “I’m doing it this way instead because it’s how I was taught...” or the dreaded, “when I worked for a union company...”, etc...

Companies would rather promote from within because they already have money invested in the employee, employees are already aware of how the company operates, and promotions improve the moral of those being promoted as well as others who are happy for the said promoted employee.

It’s not rocket science!!
You think it's that or is it maybe truck drivers want to drive trucks, not forklifts? fredex has a dock to driver program so that they can have low paid on call drivers, it's all about the money. Dude

You think it's that or is it maybe truck drivers want to drive trucks, not forklifts? fredex has a dock to driver program so that they can have low paid on call drivers, it's all about the money. Dude
How do u figure?? You take a dockworker, make him a driver, then tell him to work the dock for driver pay...who’s the loser?? :idunno:

Sure, the driver would love to drive and in due time they will, but for the mean time they get to work the dock for driver pay!!

yep.. just in the last 4 weeks fedex lost 8 drivers.. they all went to UPS in the Chicago area.. Redracer is just a company clown who thinks FedEx is the best job out there

How do u figure?? You take a dockworker, make him a driver, then tell him to work the dock for driver pay...who’s the loser?? :idunno:

Sure, the driver would love to drive and in due time they will, but for the mean time they get to work the dock for driver pay!!
Well according to the two posters above they can't get 40 hrs and one says he get sent on a 160 round that takes 6 hrs, so who's the loser? dude

Well according to the two posters above they can't get 40 hrs and one says he get sent on a 160 round that takes 6 hrs, so who's the loser? dude

And they denied my delay pay because I was moving 2 feet every few minutes. Like i posted earlier in the week, I feel lied to.

Granted, nobody knew FedEx was going to go balls to the wall with the cost cutting, but they're shooting themselves in the foot here. These guys are saying IDC about a contract. First chance I get, I'm out. Guys are willing to get fired to collect unemployment and make the same money and others are saying sue me for your 5 Grand, I still won't pay it. The more reasonable ones, like me, will honor the year and see what else is out there. Nobody is making long term plans.

yep.. just in the last 4 weeks fedex lost 8 drivers.. they all went to UPS in the Chicago area.. Redracer is just a company clown who thinks FedEx is the best job out there
People are free to go and come as they please, it’s called freedom of choice...

“Best job out there”...no, not by far but the difference is I’ve had many and I haven’t forgotten what it’s like to work somewhere else!! :1036316054:

Yep, it’s sucks being at or near the bottom...I’m sure you remember what it was like when you were at the bottom (loading those horse drawn wagons :poke:)...but we’ve all been through it before. All I can say is to stick it out and things WILL get better...

And they denied my delay pay because I was moving 2 feet every few minutes. Like i posted earlier in the week, I feel lied to.

Granted, nobody knew FedEx was going to go balls to the wall with the cost cutting, but they're shooting themselves in the foot here. These guys are saying IDC about a contract. First chance I get, I'm out. Guys are willing to get fired to collect unemployment and make the same money and others are saying sue me for your 5 Grand, I still won't pay it. The more reasonable ones, like me, will honor the year and see what else is out there. Nobody is making long term plans.
Like I replied to Joe, all I can say to you guys is it will get better as you move up the seniority board.

We all started at the bottom and we all went through it...when I was low man in the city I would come in late, maybe make a swap out or two, then hit the dock. When I transferred to the road it was a 91 mile shuttle run and pound the patio until winter where I found myself on the extra board lucky to work 1 or 2 nights a week...and that was 20-25 years ago. Freight comes and goes and some years are better than others but that’s the LTL business and it’s not going to change. I would suggest you stick it out but the choice is yours to make...

Management is offered plans that are different from the workers...you of all people should know this.
They also get 100% of pay when out on disability and maturity leave. 1 week for every yr of service. Unlike us who only receive a whopping 60%. They get us coming and going.

Hope part timers are not working before you if so you need to speak up and let them know that's not how it works.
I was told by H/R (recently) that this applies not only to part time dock, but full time as well. Drivers are to be given preference over dock, when it comes to getting regular (straight time) hours (NOT O/T).

Nothing wrong with contacting H/R, either directly of via the Alert line.

The driver apprentice program is a great program and I'll forever be grateful for the opportunity FedEx gave me. That being said, I feel like I was lied to. I was never told that I'd be a full time dock worker with some runs here and there. I was told there was a real need for drivers and there would be so much overtime that I wouldn't know what to do. 6 months later I'm working the dock 33 or 34 hours a week before getting kicked out of the building and the only runs I see are 160 miles round trip and take 6 or 7 hours.

I'm pretty sure that since you were hired, fright levels changed. Try to be patient, AND contact H/R. The Alert line might be the best option in you case. Paper trail, official documented response, result, and action taken.

Imagine if you will, the Veteran Full Time Dock worker who signed up for the program. He actually took a significant PAY CUT to enter the program. That cut continues for some time. Meanwhile he or she is put in the same position as you. Desperate for hours AND working at a reduced rate.

The Company NEEDS to get a handle on this system wide. If work is available, drivers need to be doing it (at least close 40 hours), or many will be forced to leave. Leadership in some locations need to clock to education. This one is important, IMHO.

I'm pretty sure that since you were hired, fright levels changed. Try to be patient, AND contact H/R. The Alert line might be the best option in you case. Paper trail, official documented response, result, and action taken.

Imagine if you will, the Veteran Full Time Dock worker who signed up for the program. He actually took a significant PAY CUT to enter the program. That cut continues for some time. Meanwhile he or she is put in the same position as you. Desperate for hours AND working at a reduced rate.

The Company NEEDS to get a handle on this system wide. If work is available, drivers need to be doing it (at least close 40 hours), or many will be forced to leave. Leadership in some locations need to clock to education. This one is important, IMHO.

I understand freight levels fluctuate and we're losing customers as cheaper options begin to move into the area. I'm ok not running if there's nothing to run. Here are my issues

1) I've never moved freight until it was time to clock out. Never an issue before, we would sweep, roll straps and put away boards and beams. From one day to the next that's not allowed. They should have made that clear during the bid, it would have changed some things.

2) I'm getting told to clock out while there are still part timers working. They say use your vacation time or PTO to cover the hours.

3) I get threatened with disciplinary action for refusing to leave.

4) They are hiring more city driver, driver apprentices and p/t dock. Why? We're not going hours now. I've asked every supervisor this question and nobody can answer it. I guess the job openings created and posted themselves.