FedEx Freight | Fedex freight raise

Once again we’re left saying “it’s better than nothing”, and i could probably guess that nobody is overly excited. The sad part is you know our insurance will gobble this up in a couple months. I’m satisfied with the raise only because i have to be. But this will just cause more people to leave and it certainly won’t attract drivers from other LTL’s. It’s a shame how out of touch they are with their workforce. But that’s what ya get when you work for an investment firm.

I hear this every year, but have never understood how insurance wipes out the raise. By my math we went to up $1.21 then that is $193.60/month at 40 hrs in raise money. Last year we had an insurance increase for my family of $10 or $12/month.

Is my math off or am I missing something?

I hear this every year, but have never understood how insurance wipes out the raise. By my math we went to up $1.21 then that is $193.60/month at 40 hrs in raise money. Last year we had an insurance increase for my family of $10 or $12/month.

Yeah, you paid more for significantly worse coverage.

You actually seen what your out of pocket will be with even the "better" plan, and a very simple procedure?

Inflation is also currently running about 5.5%.

The raise was 4%.
Been to the grocery store lately? Gas pump? Paid kids college tuition?

The raise ya'll just got is mediocre.
For people that can perform basic math, and keep up with their personal budget , it's shameful.

If anyone is in any way excited about this pay bump, they need to track down their 6th grade math teacher and beat their ass.

I'm still at the bottom of B scale but we just got bumped up to 23.93 starting Oct 3.
I'm certainly glad for anyone that got this, but how can they justify taking one B terminal and moving them up that much, but still keeping some Bs at the dead bottom.

Whatever metric/data they're considering is seriously skewed

Yeah, you paid more for significantly worse coverage.

You actually seen what your out of pocket will be with even the "better" plan, and a very simple procedure?

Inflation is also currently running about 5.5%.

The raise was 4%.
Been to the grocery store lately? Gas pump? Paid kids college tuition?

The raise ya'll just got is mediocre.
For people that can perform basic math, and keep up with their personal budget , it's shameful.

If anyone is in any way excited about this pay bump, they need to track down their 6th grade math teacher and beat their ass.

My insurance coverage did not change, not a bit. I was lucky to not get UHC, still have Cigna.

I am not going to get into all the BS about inflation, no company gives raises based off of inflation on the regular. Occasionally you may see a cost of living adjustment, but those are few and far between.

4% is decent considering the average raise is 3% in the US. I'd have loved to see them give us our due and float us 5%, but that was never happening.

I'm certainly glad for anyone that got this, but how can they justify taking one B terminal and moving them up that much, but still keeping some Bs at the dead bottom.

Whatever metric/data they're considering is seriously skewed
$23.93??? You must be at a B scale Yellow terminal

I'm not sure how they figured it unless comparing it to other LTL base pay. Our top guys just got the 4% increase to $30.09.

No matter how correct you explain it, the same people on here will always tell you differently that your getting screwed or were all getting screwed. andif you like the company , you MUST be drinking the purple cool aid. i really would love to see all the people who said if the don't get 5cents per mile more and $3 per hour raise they are quitting and jumping ship! it will be all talk and no action as usual..

No matter how correct you explain it, the same people on here will always tell you differently that your getting screwed or were all getting screwed. andif you like the company , you MUST be drinking the purple cool aid. i really would love to see all the people who said if the don't get 5cents per mile more and $3 per hour raise they are quitting and jumping ship! it will be all talk and no action as usual..
My 61 year old wife has an Anthem Blue individual policy, no vision, no dental. She has prescription coverage but Good RX is better. $7000.00 deductible. $781.00 a month. There are only 2 companies in NE Ohio that offer individual policies. The other is Medical Mutual and it costs even more.

Revenue, profit and productivity.
All have been at record levels for almost 2 years.

Yet, a very mediocre pay bump, with little regards to the guys in the B grade.
I just heard that the guys in Louisiana are still at a B after this, and those guys have been through a ton these last 18 months. On top of Louisiana having VERY high taxes, and CoL given how bad that state sucks.

Revenue, somewhat, Profit, somewhat. Productivity is not a factor for raises. A factor for keeping your job, maybe.

The biggest factor is ability to hire and retain ADEQUATE workers. That my friend is the bitter truth.
You are exactly correct. If a company can hire the employees needed at $25 an hour, why should they pay $30?
If you can buy a car for $25,000, why would you pay $30,000?