FedEx Freight | Fedex freight raise

Not sure how many people in here are from Socal but a few of the larger centers in the Whittier district/ LA metro area got bumped up to the E level. There will be two increases, first one beginning Oct 3rd, last one will begin Oct. 31st.

New top pay for city will be 32.95

New top pay for road will be 40.27

Currently it's 30.98 city/ 37.82 road, top pay at D level. Not all centers in the Whittier district share the same GPD.

You are exactly correct. If a company can hire the employees needed at $25 an hour, why should they pay $30?
If you can buy a car for $25,000, why would you pay $30,000?
Bragging rights, of course, some I know would actually do this, or maybe they're just car buying liars.

Not sure how many people in here are from Socal but a few of the larger centers in the Whittier district/ LA metro area got bumped up to the E level. There will be two increases, first one beginning Oct 3rd, last one will begin Oct. 31st.

New top pay for city will be 32.95

New top pay for road will be 40.27

Currently it's 30.98 city/ 37.82 road, top pay at D level. Not all centers in the Whittier district share the same GPD.
Does anyone know what FTA got. I know they are in Mira Loma District. Not sure what level they were in.

You are exactly correct. If a company can hire the employees needed at $25 an hour, why should they pay $30?
If you can buy a car for $25,000, why would you pay $30,000?

YES, There was a time when the extra expense was justified to attract the best. Stacks of quality applicants allowed for "pick of the litter". Some remember those days.

In today's Corp world, ADEQUATE is deemed sufficient. Almost everywhere you look, just good enough is enough. It's not FedEx's fault that customers are not willing to pay for the best, perfection, or flawless service. FedEx (it seems) realizes the truth that better than necessary is tough to sell, at the price required to provide that. FedEx Direct might be the exception to that, due to the niche nature of that market.

Now, about those cars... There are enough choices out there to satisfy assorted needs/desires/requirements, at assorted price points. The universal truth - an ass for every seat, and a seat for every ass - comes to mind.
:smilie93c peelout:

They got 15% the ones who do the heavy lifting got 4%

FedEx Corp. Board Increases Quarterly Dividend 15 Percent​

Jun. 14, 2021

MEMPHIS, Tenn., June 14, 2021 ... The Board of Directors of FedEx Corp. today declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.75 per share on FedEx Corp. common stock, a $0.10 per share increase over the previous dividend payment. The dividend is payable July 12, 2021 to stockholders of record at the close of business on June 28, 2021.
“Increasing our dividend reinforces our commitment to drive value for shareowners,” said Michael C. Lenz, executive vice president and chief financial officer of FedEx Corp. “Our balance sheet and cash flow allow us to strategically invest in long-term, profitable growth while also rewarding our shareowners by raising our dividend.”

4% doesnt cover working through a pandemic
4% doesnt cover not having access to a bathroom for hours at a time
4% doesnt cover drivers making the same on their first day as senior drivers

I think Uncle Fred forgot the 1 before the 4 in the raise.
I can make the same per hour driving a fork lift at another company where I live and have access to a bathroom at all times.

Think about it Uncle Fred, it takes me 2 seconds to say, I quit. It takes you at least 2 months to replace me. This at a time when there's a nationwide driver shortage and drivers and dockworkers are leaving in mass at my terminal.

4% doesnt cover working through a pandemic
4% doesnt cover not having access to a bathroom for hours at a time
4% doesnt cover drivers making the same on their first day as senior drivers

I think Uncle Fred forgot the 1 before the 4 in the raise.
I can make the same per hour driving a fork lift at another company where I live and have access to a bathroom at all times.

Think about it Uncle Fred, it takes me 2 seconds to say, I quit. It takes you at least 2 months to replace me. This at a time when there's a nationwide driver shortage and drivers and dockworkers are leaving in mass at my terminal.
Buh bye

They got 15% the ones who do the heavy lifting got 4%

FedEx Corp. Board Increases Quarterly Dividend 15 Percent​

So the moral to the story is buy FEDX Stock?

I'm certainly glad for anyone that got this, but how can they justify taking one B terminal and moving them up that much, but still keeping some Bs at the dead bottom.

Whatever metric/data they're considering is seriously skewed
We've been talking about it at length, for some time.

Needless to say, I'm happy. Many of us have been pushing for corrections, based on real data, for years. Even before "the 56" got it. BUT I sincerely sympathize with those not yet getting the GPD Market level adjustment.

Also, I think it's only fair to note: If not for the GPD market level adjustment, I would NOT be happy, as inflation for the 12 month period is currently running 5.3%.

I think it's also worth noting, while the first step (B-C) is the biggest, many C locations moved up to D. Also some from D to E.

Last time it was 56 locations. This time 145 (?). A good sign. The biggest news, hardly mentioned, is the fact that publicly available data from U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR and U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS will be used, going forward. THIS, rather than the 2 third party firms used previously. https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oessrcma.htm

That's what we were told.

Last edited:

Needless to say, I'm happy. Many of us have been pushing for corrections, based on real data, for years. Even before "the 56" got it. BUT I sincerely sympathize with those not yet getting the GPD Market level adjustment.

Also, I think it's only fair to note: If not for the GPD market level adjustment, I would NOT be happy, as inflation for the 12 month period is currently running 5.3%.

I think it's also worth noting, while the first step (B-C) is the biggest, many C locations moved up to D. Also some from D to E.

Last time it was 56 locations. This time 145 (?). A good sign. The biggest news, hardly mentioned, is the fact that publicly available data from U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR and U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS will be used, going forward, THIS, rather than the 2 third party firms used previously. https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oessrcma.htm

I know CMH and Tampa didn't go up to D. We both stayed at C. Apparently a nearly 300 door terminal isn't big enough to make the jump!!!

Last time it was 56 locations. This time 145 (?). A good sign. The biggest news, hardly mentioned, is the fact that publicly available data from U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR and U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS will be used, going forward, THIS, rather than the 2 third party firms used previously. https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oessrcma.htm

Its amazing to me that they're willing to call it "market" based when so many are quitting. New drivers at my terminal start at top pay and everyone of them has to go through DDI because none of them have their CDL already. Here its cancel pickups, train new employees, watch those who are experienced quit. You would think at some point they would pay enough to stop the turnover. Henry Ford figured that out 100 years ago...

YES, There was a time when the extra expense was justified to attract the best. Stacks of quality applicants allowed for "pick of the litter". Some remember those days.

In today's Corp world, ADEQUATE is deemed sufficient. Almost everywhere you look, just good enough is enough. It's not FedEx's fault that customers are not willing to pay for the best, perfection, or flawless service. FedEx (it seems) realizes the truth that better than necessary is tough to sell, at the price required to provide that. FedEx Direct might be the exception to that, due to the niche nature of that market.

Now, about those cars... There are enough choices out there to satisfy assorted needs/desires/requirements, at assorted price points. The universal truth - an ass for every seat, and a seat for every ass - comes to mind.
:smilie93c peelout:
The problem around our area is that the customers are tired of paying premium rates for best, perfection & flawless when they get damaged, missing or delayed freight almost every day. We have about 85 city drivers and still hiring more. Our daily "plan" calls for 60-62. Yet our dispatchers still hold routes, miss or cutoff pickups because they'd rather cut hours than have happy customers.

The problem around our area is that the customers are tired of paying premium rates for best, perfection & flawless when they get damaged, missing or delayed freight almost every day. We have about 85 city drivers and still hiring more. Our daily "plan" calls for 60-62. Yet our dispatchers still hold routes, miss or cutoff pickups because they'd rather cut hours than have happy customers.
Your situation sounds awfully familiar!

Its amazing to me that they're willing to call it "market" based when so many are quitting. New drivers at my terminal start at top pay and everyone of them has to go through DDI because none of them have their CDL already. Here its cancel pickups, train new employees, watch those who are experienced quit. You would think at some point they would pay enough to stop the turnover. Henry Ford figured that out 100 years ago...
Several of our last few can't even speak english. We're barely above YRC & Holland pay in our area. We have nearly 300 doors, our place is a training facility for the region, RDP truck & ELD test rat facility, more residentials & warehouses than anyone can shake a stick at, record homicides & crimes every year but said we didn't meet criteria to go to D pay scale.

Several of our last few can't even speak english. We're barely above YRC & Holland pay in our area. We have nearly 300 doors, our place is a training facility for the region, RDP truck & ELD test rat facility, more residentials & warehouses than anyone can shake a stick at, record homicides & crimes every year but said we didn't meet criteria to go to D pay scale.
That's really sad. Our newbies at least speak English for the time being.

Alot of those decisions on hours isn't made local anymore - comes down from MD level.

We basically enter in how many stops we have for the day on deliveries and that gives you how many hours you're allowed to use, go over those hours and its a ass-chewing from the brass.

Sounds exactly like our center is your mgr also called do little lmao