Good Food Thread

Went to the farmers market today. Picked up a few things. This is from maybe a Hungarian or Slovak or Polish, or Ukrainian food shop. It was already cooked. The woman said just heat at 350 for 20 minutes .
It's Halupki. Cabbage stuffed with maybe half pound of ground beef and white rice. Sweet tomato sauce on it. They pack it in there pretty good.
Nothing fancy but pretty good.

IMG_20230811_2023330282.md.jpeg IMG_20230811_202555122_HDR.md.jpeg

Went to the farmers market today. Picked up a few things. This is from maybe a Hungarian or Slovak or Polish, or Ukrainian food shop. It was already cooked. The woman said just heat at 350 for 20 minutes .
It's Halupki. Cabbage stuffed with maybe half pound of ground beef and white rice. Sweet tomato sauce on it. They pack it in there pretty good.
Nothing fancy but pretty good.

IMG_20230811_2023330282.md.jpeg IMG_20230811_202555122_HDR.md.jpeg
My parents used to have a Polish horse trainer. His wife would cook the most bomb food .Awesome people my parents helped them immigrate in the 80s. Life was a little different back then...lol

My parents used to have a Polish horse trainer. His wife would cook the most bomb food .Awesome people my parents helped them immigrate in the 80s. Life was a little different back then...lol
Our parish is Hungarian. Parishes were for different ethic groups or nationalities or languages.
Although German and Irish my mom went to the same parish because of living within the parish borders. It's obviously not like it was when the parishes were drawn up. There's not majority Hungarian anymore. But they still make Hungarian culture foods for annual festivals and stuff. They make a big deal of halushki( not halupki) for one of them. Halushki is something with bowtie egg noodles. A pasta dish
So...mom knew how to make Halupki's and we had it sometimes. Not a difficult recipe. The meat could use some more flavor.
The sauce is like Campbell's tomato soup.

LOL.
It's more like bland meatloaf with white rice in it, with cabbage rolled around it and sweet Campbell's tomato soup on it.
I'll put more flavor in it if I ever make it from scratch.
It was filling. That one was almost half a pound.
yea I would doctor those up with fresh garlic and onions and a good dose of black pepper

If you don't like fresh pressed garlic and butter on a steak, you will hate mine. I cook my steaks one way outside on a new wave cooker in a cast iron skillet at sear temperature

PXL_20230813_145807719.md.jpeg
That looks delicious.
Is this the kind of cooker you're saying?

PICFlex-shop-index.md.jpeg

PICFlex-shop-index28fa272d733de068.md.jpeg

That looks delicious.
Is this the kind of cooker you're saying?

PICFlex-shop-index.md.jpeg

PICFlex-shop-index28fa272d733de068.md.jpeg
thats it... That thing is a helluva hot steak searer When I make a steak or an occasional piece of fried fish I put it on a bar stool and cook it on the front porch with my 30+ year seasoned cast iron skillet . I don't fry fish in the house and if you want a properly seared steak it's gonna smoke so we don't like smoking the house up either

See that button that says MAX SEAR? It will sear perfectly we use it a lot
Med for eggs pancakes etc (275 degrees)
Med High for Fried Chicken (375)

I have stuck to my diet, about the only thing I eat is meat and green low carb veggies
Very rare for me to eat anything fried no flour and cornmeal is in my diet. If I want a bite I will take one but I just don't eat that stuff anymore

See that button that says MAX SEAR? It will sear perfectly we use it a lot
Med for eggs pancakes etc (275 degrees)
Med High for Fried Chicken (375)

I have stuck to my diet, about the only thing I eat is meat and green low carb veggies
Very rare for me to eat anything fried no flour and cornmeal is in my diet. If I want a bite I will take one but I just don't eat that stuff anymore
I just tell the cardiologist to increase the mg in my cholesterol pills. LOL.

another great thing about that nuwave is how accurate the temp is and if oil boils over in the pan it won't catch on fire
I was on a broiler kick for awhile. And I had the rack up high because our gas oven broils from the top.
I put too much butter on top of some fish and the whole oven was on fire inside. What a black stinking mess that was when done. Luckily I kept the fire in there.

my brother in law infused a prime rib with about 4 whole cloves of garlic (diced up) . i tasted garlic for the next 3 days after eating that prime rib
I would be in heaven. I love Garlic, This I added to that steak was pulled fresh from the ground this morning. My 80+ year old in-laws still love to garden. They have a 5 acre spread and I go down there every Sunday morning and mow for 2+ hours with my zero turn because I can mow more in 2.5 hours than they can get done in 3 days. It's pretty hilly and I don't want them mowing those banks and stuff anymore. I bought a tractor, box blade, scrape blade , and rototiller to help them keep up with all the work down there.