Yellow | "GOT DOUBLES"?!

It all looks good on paper.
Fact is....New Penn made money not doing what you say for years and years.
All aspects you bring up were the same for that time period.
Fuel was fuel...a cost....nothing is the same price as then Yet they beat everybody
First you say it's all about making money then you say discounts are high....????.....in order to lose money?
It's a region that they handled best.
We don't like to wait in the Northeast.
And your way is slow and damage prone.
If they want to be super regional a f have low OR like the regionals did.....
Then the breaks should be at each regional border and they should run each region as they were run most efficiently.
That means 45x96x12'6" in the Northeast. It is only one day freight within our region.
Take all year with your stacked pups and 53's in the rest of the country if you want.
If you want big rigs...fine
Keep them out of here. They lose money here.
And put people out of work .
You haul 2x as much...the companies take the money and cry broke. And the states will come to you for tax money to take care of the people who could be taken care of by doing what we do. Not welfare. That comes out of our check too.
We take the whole hit.
Are you saying New Penn pulled 12'.6" trailers?
I can't remember the last 12.6 I saw, had to be in the 60s

I'm not seein
New Penn proved that more money was made with more drivers and dock workers hauling less freight.
Using one type of trailer and straight trucks.
Our road did not waste much time waiting for their next load. Boom. You're there. Boom the hook is made. Boom. You're back on the road again.
The system you think makes money wasted time and money.

As Triplex posted all cariesr are in big-time debt.
That's the system that your rules is for.
Nothing real.
Nothing owned.
Just debt and working to pay it.
And ruining the purpose of the business which is to move things quickly, without damage for the customer. And for the economy of drivers and the areas that they are citizens of.
I'm not seeing Fedex and OD with these huge debts..

Doesn't matter with Yellow running the circus.
They put stupid wind crap on the trucks which are 13'4".
Those stupid things actually save fuel, I helped develop those things.
We ran probably 25 different shapes.
You would run a trip with one, the shop switched to another design and return, and they sealed the fuel tanks for each trip.
We did this for a year.

Those stupid things actually save fuel, I helped develop those things.
We ran probably 25 different shapes.
You would run a trip with one, the shop switched to another design and return, and they sealed the fuel tanks for each trip.
We did this for a year.
We don't need no stinkin' wind crap things running regional freight on 12' 6", 45' trailers! :duh:

I d
Until we pick up and everybody go to has freight for only Yellow and not New Penn....it is not as you say. We pick up for New Penn until everything says otherwise
I run city for fedex.
Little town of 11,000 people on extended route.
I cover all ours by myself.
Everyday I see a yrc/ yellow guy and a yrc/ Holland guy both with 53's hauling combined what I generally get with my 48.
This is profitable???

I d

I run city for fedex.
Little town of 11,000 people on extended route.
I cover all ours by myself.
Everyday I see a yrc/ yellow guy and a yrc/ Holland guy both with 53's hauling combined what I generally get with my 48.
This is profitable???
If they would both pull, 96 wide pups it would be profitable then, with both coming in full.

Of course not.
Nothing Yellow does profits anybody but the Execs and the banks and those who own the world.
We all have choices to live with. Slave, you could be a exec, I could’ve been a pilot but we both ended up driving truck. There’s nothing that I could do to stop the exec’s flying on their private jet’s. The banks are banks, they collect, they loan, they pay interest, they charge fees, I can’t do anything about that except shop and vet what bank gives me the best deal. Who owns the world, who cares. I don’t look to the world for my success. Slave, I have read your posts and to some points I agree with you but you and your people are going through a change by the acquisition by Yellow. You can vent, but Yellow is going to do what they think is best. If that means 1 driver doing what used to be done by 2 drivers, welcome to reality. It sucks, but it’s the progression of the industry.

Regression. Not progression.
Regression? Slave, the industry has come a long way. Look at what we used to drive. A cab over, no power steering, no A/C, spring suspension, the wage’s have increased and I believe that they need to increase a lot more, companies have streamlined their operations to become profitable. That profit pays the wages, bonuses and benefits that you receive. You have representation to represent your various proposals. Get out of the mindset that you’re in. You’ll be hating your job until you retire. That’s not good. You have options, use them.

We all have choices to live with. Slave, you could be a exec, I could’ve been a pilot but we both ended up driving truck. There’s nothing that I could do to stop the exec’s flying on their private jet’s. The banks are banks, they collect, they loan, they pay interest, they charge fees, I can’t do anything about that except shop and vet what bank gives me the best deal. Who owns the world, who cares. I don’t look to the world for my success. Slave, I have read your posts and to some points I agree with you but you and your people are going through a change by the acquisition by Yellow. You can vent, but Yellow is going to do what they think is best. If that means 1 driver doing what used to be done by 2 drivers, welcome to reality. It sucks, but it’s the progression of the industry.
We all have choices to live with. Slave, you could be an exec, I could’ve been a pilot but we both ended up driving truck. There’s nothing that I could do to stop the exec’s flying on their private jet’s. The banks are banks, they collect, they loan, they pay interest, they charge fees, I can’t do anything about that except shop and vet what bank gives me the best deal. Who owns the world, who cares. I don’t look to the world for my success. Slave, I have read your posts and to some points I agree with you but you and your people are going through a change by the acquisition by Yellow. You can vent, but Yellow is going to do what they think is best. If that means 1 driver doing what used to be done by 2 drivers, welcome to reality. It sucks, but it’s the progression of the industry.
You guys are trying to reason with someone who would scream government conspiracy, that the sun rises from the East, and YRC caused his car to break down.