YRC How Will Driver Pay Compare?

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by sleep walker, Apr 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. sleep walker

sleep walker Member

Will someone knowledgeable please post a comparison of the new proposed driver pay (and Benefits) compared to ABF, UPS Freight, Walmart, non-union LTL carriers, and whoever else in the market we might be applying to. Thanks in advance.

2. Jaloc

Jaloc Well-Known Member

We are the 2nd lowest paid LTL the only one who makes less than us is Standard Forwarding also represented by the teamsters 49cpm taking concessions even though owned by DHL the UPS of Europe which has enough money to pay full rates.

3. Ted Decker trk

Ted Decker trk Active Member

I have a few day old post in R&L forum that lists some of our rates if anyone does a comparison . We are due for a bump end of April so they'll change soon but they are up to date as of today for Midwest/Great Lakes area .Title of thread is "some linehaul rates" but city rate is included in first post.

sleep walker likes this.
  4. slinky

slinky Active Member

Driver Since:
    Here's the current old Dominion mileage and hourly
    [​IMG]

sleep walker likes this.
  5. aztec warrior

aztec warrior Member

in the Chicago area ODFL city drivers get time and a half overtime after 60hrs

6. Elwood

Elwood Question Authority

YRC drivers get OT after 40 and cannot work more than 60, unless; for some reason I will never comprehend, they CHOOSE to do so; on a weekly basis.

It’s a matter of priorities?

ultraman99, Triplex and aztec warrior like this.
  7. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

OD pays after 60 , really ? in less the DOT regs.have changed it was illegal to work over 60 in my day . Can anyone clue me in ?

8. Elwood

Elwood Question Authority

My understanding is all employees are classified as road regardless of actual ‘bid’ or status. 70 in 8 is their baseline.

Triplex and aztec warrior like this.
  9. aztec warrior

aztec warrior Member

correct... they work the city and they do short runs over the road too..

Triplex likes this.
  10. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

So that means that no one at OD can make over 10 hrs o/t for the week . So the union driver can get twice as much as the nonunion driver . Common sense would dictate that the union guy gets a better deal .

11. aztec warrior

aztec warrior Member

exactly..

oneofus and Triplex like this.
  12. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Part time 309 box truck driver

Driver Since:
    So can their road hours then keep their hourly time below 60? That way they could actually get no OT, and work over 60.

13. dreambecamenightmare

dreambecamenightmare Active Member

Do the math. 60 hours at OD you make more than 40 straight +20 overtime at Yrc

14. dreambecamenightmare

One point that seems to get lost. How about making enough money so you don’t have to work 60 hours a week.

15. aztec warrior

aztec warrior Member

nop.. they get health insurance premiums deduction weekly so basically their wages are not way over ours.. I'm just talking about the Chicago area... I have a couple of friends working there...

16. White

White Straight’nin the curves, flat’nin the hills

Saia .66/mile & $26.8? City. OT after 45. .02/mile more (think $2) city in Chicago and other “challenged” markets.

17. Jaloc

Jaloc Well-Known Member

Think about it's going to take almost 15 years to get back to 2008 pay rates if this contract passes unbelievable. They couldn't even add some sweeteners to help us swallow it like adding 3 to 5 extra sick days or personal days. What happened to profit sharing or some kind of 401k match if they can't increase pension contribution rates? Plus on discipline absenteeism and tardiness should be separate offenses progressions I always threaten to go home take 3 full days off ask if their going to give me a letter for tardiness if I'm late the rest of you should too!

18. Jaloc

Jaloc Well-Known Member

19. dreambecamenightmare

Well let’s look five years down the road. What will their wages be by then I’m sure they’ll be more than $26.17 an hour. Because they already are!!!!

20. ED FORCE ONE

ED FORCE ONE Active Member

Two holiday in a week 24 reg 12 ot dominion would be all straight