Yellow | How Will Driver Pay Compare?

true!! one of the plans for FedEx freight supposedly one of the cheapest ones is around $55 a week with a $7,000 out of pocket while my out of pocket is only $2,000... many yrc haters here don't get the picture....
So you’re going to give up $25k a year on the pretense of having to pay $7k deductible. Brilliant! $55wk is a great trade off for another $25k a year! Plus I’m sure their retirement package has to at least rival ours!!! Lol. SMH

I can see you have a hard time with common sense!

That’s funny. Ignorance is curable, stupidity is a completely different challenge.

I suggest you go back through the entire thread and read it.

It seems to me you completely misunderstood aztec’s post. I may be misinterpreting your intent or your sarcasm.

If so, I apologize.

If you are so inclined, please take a survey of the members and have them rate my common sense or lack thereof.

true!! one of the plans for FedEx freight supposedly one of the cheapest ones is around $55 a week with a $7,000 out of pocket while my out of pocket is only $2,000... many yrc haters here don't get the picture....
and
So you’re going to give up $25k a year on the pretense of having to pay $7k deductible. Brilliant! $55wk is a great trade off for another $25k a year! Plus I’m sure their retirement package has to at least rival ours!!! Lol. SMH
then go to FedEx freight is that's much better job than the one you have.. all I can tell you is that my buddy at Fedex frgt doesn't make over $5,000 than what I do a year here at yrc and he's got deductibles and out of pocket $$$on health ins way over mine... just vote according to your priorities..

I’m quite unassuming. Haven’t been outta the yard in years.
This thread has some good food for thought. It is important to gather information on wages and benefits. But one of the intangibles that's hard to measure is the friendships that have been built up over the years working somewhere. Maybe not always close friendships, but people that you are comfortable with and they can tolerate you. Let's be honest we all know if it was strictly about what we are compensated this company would cease to exist. I beleive, we can vote no( haven't decided yet) on the first vote and if we're lucky they bump up the front load .25. - .50 , but in reality, if we really want to maximize our earnings and get payed more , this is not the place you will do it at.

This thread has some good food for thought. It is important to gather information on wages and benefits. But one of the intangibles that's hard to measure is the friendships that have been built up over the years working somewhere. Maybe not always close friendships, but people that you are comfortable with and they can tolerate you. Let's be honest we all know if it was strictly about what we are compensated this company would cease to exist. I beleive, we can vote no( haven't decided yet) on the first vote and if we're lucky they bump up the front load .25. - .50 , but in reality, if we really want to maximize our earnings and get payed more , this is not the place you will do it at.
Some make more than me , some make less but it does not matter to me either way. Unless people are living way above their means we all make as good salary and make enough to provide a good life for us and our family. But even with the money we make you have to still be smart with your money. Some people live above their means so no matter what they make they will always be broke. Other people act their wage, keep debt low and actually enjoy life knowing they don't have to worry about making making their bills next week if they take a day off.... It's about what you save not what you make.

My old truck just died, Transmission fell out of it, Bought it in 2006 for 1000 dollars and drove it to work ... 13 years, it looked funny sitting beside all those 50k+ trucks in the lot but I hate to see her go but I bought another truck
PeX3qfD.jpg

Bought me this 2006 GMC 2500HD with the 6.0 122k from my neighbor who took real good care of it and it was always serviced, I never had a GM product but I really like this truck.
IWD4FLg.jpg

My old truck just died, Transmission fell out of it, Bought it in 2006 for 1000 dollars and drove it to work ... 13 years, it looked funny sitting beside all those 50k+ trucks in the lot but I hate to see her go but I bought another truck
PeX3qfD.jpg

Bought me this 2006 GMC 2500HD with the 6.0 122k from my neighbor who took real good care of it and it was always serviced, I never had a GM product but I really like this truck.
IWD4FLg.jpg

Wait till you start putting gas in that 6.0
I drive a 2004 Silverado, just turned 100k, still love it, white also, you need white with the sun down here,makes a big difference.

Wait till you start putting gas in that 6.0
I drive a 2004 Silverado, just turned 100k, still love it, white also, you need white with the sun down here,makes a big difference.
I don't worry about the gas... I have a 99 saturn I drive back and forth to work most of the time... got this to pull my boat and drive in the rain... We keep the Challenger in the garage when it's wet out

PeX3qfD.jpg

IWD4FLg.jpg
Update, my mazda gear shifter was just stuck in 4th... after working with it a few mins the shifter broke free and I will continue to drive it

Some make more than me , some make less but it does not matter to me either way. Unless people are living way above their means we all make as good salary and make enough to provide a good life for us and our family. But even with the money we make you have to still be smart with your money. Some people live above their means so no matter what they make they will always be broke. Other people act their wage, keep debt low and actually enjoy life knowing they don't have to worry about making making their bills next week if they take a day off.... It's about what you save not what you make.
exactly Jeff!!

Ups freight, 69 a mile for road will be over 71 by the end of the new contract, 28.95 a hour for any drops, hooks, fueling etc they do.
City 28.95 ot after 8 and 40, will be just under 31 by the end of the new contract .
Dock with a cdl 28.55 ot after 8/40 will be 30 and change by the end of the new contract.
Dock non cdl 25.70 ot after 8/40 will be 27 and change by the end of the new contract.

Family plan health care is 23 and Change a week.
Pension pays 129 a month per year of service , will be 134 by the end of the new contract and its a single employer pension not multi.
There is a 401k but company does not put Into it.

Gideon I work at ups frt too and my pay 28.85 hr. .7245 a mile

I see you you feel. But consider that there are a lot of big mouth seniority SOB’s that, alot of us would enjoy watching them learn humility, filling out bs job applications where all the sudden - they’re nobody’s. It’s the only bright spot to this bad situation.

ABF in my opinion is the only company to compare with YRC as far as work rules and compensation and would probably be the better choice of all of them. I notice a lot of you guys just look at the CPM instead of the whole picture Walmart Drivers top CPM is .52 CPM but some of their drivers are able to clear 120k or better which you will earn every dime of. Walmart drivers that have a life are doing 80-90k so if you have a life is Walmart worth it? Family health insurance at Walmart is $284 every 2 weeks and they only cover 75% of doctor visits you’re on the hook for the rest. Their 401k is the best thing they got going up to 6% dollar for dollar match. They’re home time was the deal breaker for me, for the first year you’re gonna work EVERY.....did I say every? Yes EVERY weekend until you get on a 5-2 5-3 program which you get to see a weekend every 5-6 weeks good luck bro and that info came from my welcome aboard package from Walmart. If you put in a app at Walmart make sure you use a reference that’ll push your app to the top of the pile.

Very helpful

Saia out west topped out at .66cpm .68cpm rockies and triples(June-July rumors to be .68cpm or more) hourly 28.62hr.should go up in June. I pay single for healthcare/dental/vision $65 a week. 6% match 401k day 1 once enrolled you are vested. LTL experienced drivers can start out topped out at most terminals. Sign on bonus at some terminals. Paid weekly. You can transfer to any terminal and KEEP your seniority and pay scale. If it’s in between a bid you’ll be placed on system(Extraboard) til the next bid. Then you’ll bid your spot.

Last edited: