Yellow | I'm voting YES! Who is with me?

Yes or no we will write history here. A yes vote and MAYBE YRCW survives or a no vote and the Teamsters are no longer in the freight industry. (ABF and UPS will still be there,if yrcw dies.)
Do you sincerely believe that ABF will survive if YRC shuts down? And as far as UPS freight they do not contribute to any multi-employer funds.

My prediction: the concessions will pass; however, on June 1, 2011 the company will NOT PAY into our pension. Why do you think they are not paying into our contributions on January 1, 2011? Sorry but this company has NO credibility.

This will be used to the companies advantage in order to cut seniority peoples overtime, and even abuse the low seniority people by not bringing them in for a guaranteed 8 hour day, because now they would be able to only use them for 4 hours. So when the work rules are thrown out, the seniority usually goes with it. (these are just examples)

I think it has something to do with being in a competive free market economic system. Ask the dudes at FredX, Con Way. You cant bring a guy in for 8 hrs if theres only 2-6hrs of work and expect to make a profit - and service debt. BTW - I'm informed upon how the big bad Zollers and BOD got us here.

Everyone seems to be afraid to go work at a non-union company. Why is that? Possible work ethic issues? Personally, I would just as soon stay in a Union outfit. However, I'm paying dues for what I thought were negotiated work rules. Since our work rules are being torn to pieces, what is the difference between the Non-Union companies and a Union company? It seems that many of the yes voters don't mind losing their work rules. Yet, they fear having to go to a non-Union shop, with minimal work rules, if we close. What's the difference between a Union shop with minimal work rules and a non-Union shop with minimal work rules?
The difference is that the union is already established here..rebuilding from scratch could take your whole lifetime...Look how long it is taking UPSF and the workrules are still not clear at all.....How much time do ya have for that? It's not worth it to me? Turning this around would take alot less time than establishing a contract somewhere else unless things change.,,Even if a union is voted in.. it takes a year or more for a contract to be worked on and signed....and they try and bust the union before that first contract is signe.......There is a LOA until May or June........so maybe ya'd like to go try one of those outfits and come back and let us know how great it was.

What peez me off is that the Company doesn't even seem to have a business plan in place. The only business plan that they have is to just keep taking more from the employees to pay for the losses. At what point will they CHANGE the failing business plan? Never, I guess, because we sure haven't seen any changes here yet. So I guess that the only successful plan that they have had so far is to just take more money from the employees. What a great concept.......don't fix the problems, just take more from the employees!

What did you think they would say? that the lenders wil be happy? I'm so tired of hearing about the lenders!!!! who are they? how much is owed to them?? A 3rd of the money owed was forgiven for some :shit:ty stock.. They have saved hundreds of millions!!!!!!!! over they last 2 years... And they still need more from us?? get real!!! What lender wants to be sitting on all the property and equipment that they cant sell or lease in this economy??

I'm gonna leave with this for now this is from KK..who was at the meeting with a bunch of other elected leaders who "unanimously' voted for this..

"I know you guys will have plenty to say...BUT....if they don't get this passed....the lenders will most likely pull out.[/I]"

That comes from the elected leadership..not the company but the guys who represent you. Let'm close it means the ***** await. Nonunion ltl forever..and for those who say we are already.....not true...it'd take at least 2 years at a **** to get back your union workrules and a say on your payrates again....I think a no votes your say away for more years than 5...maybe the duration of your working years...all of us...Good day...Now act tough..

Turning this around would take alot less time than establishing a contract somewhere else unless things change.
Turning it around? We're still going backwards. We've been going backwards for for 10 years.
There is a LOA until May or June........so maybe ya'd like to go try one of those outfits and come back and let us know how great it was.
Trust me when I tell you......I wouldn't hesitate to work for one of them nons that you all are so afraid of. I do my job. Plain and simple. I do my job. The difference is that at a non, you know the rules so you follow them. Here it only matters who you are and who you brown nose. The rules are changing daily. Yep, it would be the same at the nons, but that is what I would expect......I shouldn't have to expect it with having written rules that are constantly changing. (and not in our favor)

Mods.....sorry, I don't mean to make this a non vs. Union debate, but I had to make a point. I'll end it now.:1036316054:

By the way Mr. Threadstarter, can you give us a list of the reasons that you are voting yes? Don't bother with the at "least we have a job" one. We've all heard that before. We are waiting for the list. If you would like.....I can give you a list of reasons to vote no, if I can fit them all on one page.

Turning it around? We're still going backwards. We've been going backwards for for 10 years.
Trust me when I tell you......I wouldn't hesitate to work for one of them nons that you all are so afraid of. I do my job. Plain and simple. I do my job. The difference is that at a non, you know the rules so you follow them. Here it only matters who you are and who you brown nose. The rules are changing daily. Yep, it would be the same at the nons, but that is what I would expect......I shouldn't have to expect it with having written rules that are constantly changing. (and not in our favor)

Mods.....sorry, I don't mean to make this a non vs. Union debate, but I had to make a point. I'll end it now.:1036316054:

Here, I'll help ya and I'm done too:
Con-way: Search LTL Careers

The difference is that the union is already established here..rebuilding from scratch could take your whole lifetime...Look how long it is taking UPSF and the workrules are still not clear at all.....How much time do ya have for that? It's not worth it to me? Turning this around would take alot less time than establishing a contract somewhere else unless things change.,,Even if a union is voted in.. it takes a year or more for a contract to be worked on and signed....and they try and bust the union before that first contract is signe.......There is a LOA until May or June........so maybe ya'd like to go try one of those outfits and come back and let us know how great it was.

You are not allowed to work for a competitor while on an LOA.

Old timers suffered long an hard so you could have the things that you so loosely take for granted. Old timers set the ground work so you unappreciated young people can have a safe and good life. Old timers are the ones that gave you what you use to have before you young people came along and demaned more more more. We had to work for every penny . Not like the young people today .Who have no work ethics whatsoever. We respected the dollar we earned. We didn't look for ways to stick it to the company. We work so you could have a job today. You couldn't do what we did back in a day. And yes we would like to retire. But because the youth of today refuses to work hard we can't. Most of the youth today are looking for the lottery to make their money .Instead of going to work and appreciating what they have .They are never statsified. And who is to blame for this irrational behavior .Us old timers that want our kids to have a better life then we had. So yes old timer it's time to go. Just like the company you worked so hard to stay in business for .The people that you worked so hard to get these good jobs for with the high pay .No longer want you either. old timer.

Old timers suffered long an hard so you could have the things that you so loosely take for granted. Old timers set the ground work so you unappreciated young people can have a safe and good life. Old timers are the ones that gave you what you use to have before you young people came along and demaned more more more. We had to work for every penny . Not like the young people today .Who have no work ethics whatsoever. We respected the dollar we earned. We didn't look for ways to stick it to the company. We work so you could have a job today. You couldn't do what we did back in a day. And yes we would like to retire. But because the youth of today refuses to work hard we can't. Most of the youth today are looking for the lottery to make their money .Instead of going to work and appreciating what they have .They are never statsified. And who is to blame for this irrational behavior .Us old timers that want our kids to have a better life then we had. So yes old timer it's time to go. Just like the company you worked so hard to stay in business for .The people that you worked so hard to get these good jobs for with the high pay .No longer want you either. old timer.
Damn Murph, relax before you have a friggin stoke! I've had a job since I was 8. I know what work is. This is my first Union job, so I will disagree with you. The younger ones in this company aren't demanding "more, more, more!" They are giving it away because they dont have a clue what the old timers went through to get there. My Father who was a business owner and "anti-union" was happy when I went to work for Holland. He knew what was involved with being away from family and sacrificing your life basically. He was happy I would at least be well compensated for it. I've been here 7 years and hope for another few. Relax Murph, enjoy your retirement!

What peez me off is that the Company doesn't even seem to have a business plan in place. The only business plan that they have is to just keep taking more from the employees to pay for the losses. At what point will they CHANGE the failing business plan? Never, I guess, because we sure haven't seen any changes here yet. So I guess that the only successful plan that they have had so far is to just take more money from the employees. What a great concept.......don't fix the problems, just take more from the employees!

Funny how we can see most of the problems & have plans to solve but fall on deff ears every time.

Road Drivers have made pickup and deliveries in route for years

It does not give any parameters or limits. They could come off rest w/one empty and potentially be sent to a satellite, to breakdown and load the empty, then restring and come home.

It does not give any parameters or limits. They could come off rest w/one empty and potentially be sent to a satellite, to breakdown and load the empty, then restring and come home.
Simply put..The language in this new so called agreement is just too vague... YRC management will have a field day with this...Grievances will be up at record levels
It will be a""no one wins situation""

To be quite blunt with you'll where going back to the way it was when I started out west ! We use to have to do all dropping and hooking ( unless a hostler wasn't busy BUT there never where any hostler around ) and also push and pull from the dock . They are probably using the language from the late 70 early 80's contract !

road drivers
images

doing you're own drops and hooks is not the end of the world