Yellow | I'm voting YES! Who is with me?

As a road driver have been doing drop n hooks, customer drops and live loads for years at rare times.

Think of all the yard guys, dock workers and P n D guys we are gonna replace if this goes through. Nothing like guys willing to run out and Yes voting themselves out of a job to make another road drivers job secure.

* The agreement with YRCW companies would be extended two years, to March 31, 2015.

* The present pension withdrawal would continue until June 1, 2011. Then YRCW would make a contribution of 25% of the contract rate in effect on July 1, 2009, which is far below the present rate. (The rate was about $7 at that time, so 25% would be a rate of about $1.75 per hour). It is not clear if all the pension trusts will allow this, and what it would mean for members’ pension credits. That information should be forthcoming soon. By 2015 the contract pension contribution rate will be approximately $12 per hour.

So, Teamster members would get a $1.75 pension contribution. The new concessions would include:

* Road drivers drop and hook at end-of-line terminals, even when yard crews are on duty.

* A new classification of 4-hour cartage part-timers would be created, up to 10% of the seniority list with a minimum of two.

* Teamsters with four or more weeks vacation give up one week per year.

* Coffee breaks cut from 15 to 10 minutes, in states where legal.

* Road casuals allowed everywhere, including the Central Region.

* Lunch breaks 30 or 60 minutes, at the company’s discretion on a daily basis.

* Sunday through Saturday flex work week, in all areas.

* And some other work rule changes affecting certain locals.

The 15% wage concession would continue for 4.5 years, with annual increases of 40c-45c-40c-40c, minus the 15%. Health and welfare continue as at present, with annual bumps of 35c to keep it funded.

road drivers
images

doing you're own drops and hooks is not the end of the world

Are they going to get paid for them or is it going to be a free bee ???

Old timers suffered long an hard so you could have the things that you so loosely take for granted. Old timers set the ground work so you unappreciated young people can have a safe and good life. Old timers are the ones that gave you what you use to have before you young people came along and demaned more more more. We had to work for every penny . Not like the young people today .Who have no work ethics whatsoever. We respected the dollar we earned. We didn't look for ways to stick it to the company. We work so you could have a job today. You couldn't do what we did back in a day. And yes we would like to retire. But because the youth of today refuses to work hard we can't. Most of the youth today are looking for the lottery to make their money .Instead of going to work and appreciating what they have .They are never statsified. And who is to blame for this irrational behavior .Us old timers that want our kids to have a better life then we had. So yes old timer it's time to go. Just like the company you worked so hard to stay in business for .The people that you worked so hard to get these good jobs for with the high pay .No longer want you either. old timer.

Someone tell me what defines an old timer?? I've been hearing about these old timers for the 23 years at newpenn.. but it was always the old timers who didn't want to strike in 94 and went to work for other trucking companys after 3 days on strike.. and its the old timers voting this crap in!! its the old timers who have the time to retire and will vote yes on this because they have their time in and only want a paycheck. Are they looking at the contract being ***** and now it's worse than anything we've ever had. Are they seeing how it not only affects yrc, newpenn, holland, etc but also ABF and any other union carrier when they have to **** their contract to compete with the old timers at yrc..

Its not like I'll ever work in Dallas again, but maybe this makes it a little more possible. Here is my theory:

1. Old timers aren't going to be as comfortable with 5 weeks vacation versus 6. Hopefully they'll retire.
2. Old timers aren't gonna like having to hook their own sets.
3. Old timers aren't going to get their 15 minute smoke breaks and hour lunches. Takes a while for those old bones to recover.
4. Old timers won't like the fact that they aren't getting much paid into the pension and will hopefully retire sooner than later.
5. Lousy Health insurance with high copays wont be much of a benefit to anyone especially the old sick people.

The only thing that sucks for laid off people like me is the part about laid off people being made into essentially laid off casuals. That sucks. Who wants to be strung along for eternity as a 4 hour casual because some guy with 30 years won't retire and/or your board of laid off people is so large that essentially you have a 100% casual board? They will never have another full time guy again.

Us old timers can't retire because you MEASTERS STOPPED MY PENSION AND EVEN IF i GO TO THE 2015 i WILL LOOSE $1,23O A MONTH Could you take that kind of loss when you want to retire.O I know you want to work forever and never get a pension because you only look for today not years down the road when you want to retire.because you won't be getting any pension!!!!:ban:

road drivers
images

doing you're own drops and hooks is not the end of the world
Couldn't have said it better myself. I run a triples bid and drop and hook my own sets as many as 4 times a trip. I think some are afraid to get their hands dirty. Gloves work VERY well to prevent that!

I may have some bad posts but you will NEVER see a post from me wishing that my elders falter so I can gain personally. My grandfather was a Teamster, my father was a Teamster and I am a Teamster. They built what we have (had)today and people like this clown has destroyed what they fought so hard to get!

A Men brother it makes me sick to see how much hate and disrespect some people have for what some other people have worked so hard for:thread:

They forget to pay for it now. How many times have i got one of their little print-outs showing .35 hours or whatever and somehow it doesn't show up on the paycheck. YRC will cheat you on your pay, the only union company I have worked for that does and does it regularly.

* The agreement with YRCW companies would be extended two years, to March 31, 2015.

* The present pension withdrawal would continue until June 1, 2011. Then YRCW would make a contribution of 25% of the contract rate in effect on July 1, 2009, which is far below the present rate. (The rate was about $7 at that time, so 25% would be a rate of about $1.75 per hour). It is not clear if all the pension trusts will allow this, and what it would mean for members’ pension credits. That information should be forthcoming soon. By 2015 the contract pension contribution rate will be approximately $12 per hour.

So, Teamster members would get a $1.75 pension contribution. The new concessions would include:

* Road drivers drop and hook at end-of-line terminals, even when yard crews are on duty. Which will eventually result in all yard crews being eliminated.
* A new classification of 4-hour cartage part-timers would be created, up to 10% of the seniority list with a minimum of two. Which would eliminate the chance of a laid off employee ever getting called back to perminent employee status. These same laid off employees will be called in at the company's pleasure as a casual. No benefits, no pension and at casual pay rate.

* Teamsters with four or more weeks vacation give up one week per year. Another $1000.00+ from each employee that they can put back in their pocket to **** away.

* Road casuals allowed everywhere, including the Central Region. Which will eliminate any reason to ever call a road man back from lay off status.
* Lunch breaks 30 or 60 minutes, at the company’s discretion on a daily basis. And since lunch is NOT paid for, they can make you stay out for an extra 30 min. without paying you anything. Subjects us to major discrimination and favortism.

* Sunday through Saturday flex work week, in all areas. Do you like your weekends? I do.
* And some other work rule changes affecting certain locals. And what might they be?

The 15% wage concession would continue for 4.5 years, with annual increases of 40c-45c-40c-40c, minus the 15%. Health and welfare continue as at present, with annual bumps of 35c to keep it funded.
Sounds like one heck of great package. NOT!

Last edited by a moderator:

* Road drivers drop and hook at end-of-line terminals, even when yard crews are on duty.

* A new classification of 4-hour cartage part-timers would be created, up to 10% of the seniority list with a minimum of two.

* Teamsters with four or more weeks vacation give up one week per year.

* Road casuals allowed everywhere, including the Central Region.

* Lunch breaks 30 or 60 minutes, at the company’s discretion on a daily basis.

* Sunday through Saturday flex work week, in all areas.

* And some other work rule changes affecting certain locals.

Sounds like one heck of great package. NOT!

job security for years to come..why throw it away?

job security for years to come..why throw it away?
Yep. We're all just loaded with the feeling of security nowadays, aren't we? Even if the crap passes, the feeling of a collapse will hang over our head every day anyway.

You are not allowed to work for a competitor while on an LOA.
I thought they changed that.....they relly should have no say where ya go without the pensions contribution....we had guys go to ABF....Ya could try UPSF for $14/hr...and get a taste of the bottom.

I'm there now,all I need is 500 hrs this year and next but I can't even get in to work because of the greed.
Ya could've gotten on at New Penn in the spring....and ABF was hiring in PA a couple months back....but dock is waiting. And the winters are cold.

And it might not work with that 500 hours thing either for all I know. Different Funds and all.

i got 33 yrs in, am 55, if i could go tommrow i whould, the local says 57 yrs old, with a 15 % penelty that sucks.

WHAT!! What kind of pension do you have, and who is it with ? What happened to 30 and out any age? You guys are getting screwed.

it all sounds good if all the old teamsters would think like a team and retire and give all the other (TEAM)STERS a chance to get their jobs back we all would b in a better place i vote yes think about it guys $800 a week versus $200 unemployment /week i think we can team together and hold off on any drastic votes think of your family before your pride everybody is having a tuff time not just yrc so think of losing your house/cars and anything you have as a luxury before you vote yourself out of anything your paying rite now thx guys/gals

ummm its near $500 here and its only just $600 for working 40 hours take the $75 a week for gas add the wear and tear on my care + 15 hour commute time . it pays to stay home and make them pay for school and a fresh start

the way i see it is they basically want to eliminate ft dockmen as much as possible they already abuse this soft layoff i know you aint gonna find ft dock at 20 bucks an hour anywhere but i cant vote for this as i interpret it got 22.6 yrs in union and just turned 51 no one seems to know what kind of pension credits we will get but our pensions will be lower after june 1 with what they are proposing