ABF | It has to be so, cause RB says so

Oh Jesus RB! That is so archaic, 20th century that it is laughable. You see that light at the end of the tunnel? Well, run, because it's a train! The !% have set us up for a takedown, and you aren't invited to participate this time. You will be considered a useful idiot for the rich. Our currency has been debased. All the old saws about economics no longer apply. When this goes down, it will happen so fast that you will be dumbfounded. Why do you think a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or Ethereum or Dogecoin are doing so well when they have no intrinsic value? This whole thing is a house of cards. But Americans that have marketable useful labor skills and are willing to roll up their sleeves and rebuild the wreckage of this republic will always be in demand. They may not be called Teamsters anymore, but the heart and soul of American organized labor will endure, make no mistake about that. Why? Because it is still a very real, intrinsicly valuable part of Americana and will always be recognized as such, unlike the wealthy scum that you seem to be so enthralled with. There aren't any more captains of American industry out there waiting to rebuild America back better. Chinese theft of our tech and industry with the willing complicity of your friends on Wall street have insured that. The era of Andrew Carnegie and JP Morgan and Henry Ford is gone. Now it is just carpetbaggers like Gates and Zuckerberg, and Bezos and Soros and Dorcey waiting to steal every thing that isn't nailed down. And that includes your hard earned wealth as well, my brother...

In the wake of all you mention. If you were a young person. Looking at all of this. What options would you see for yourself? And what direction would you take ?

The house of cards is not hiding. Everyone knows.

Hearing what you want to hear yourself. Remember that. The guy makes good points and uses good examples. You don’t have to agree. And you can disagree all you like. But you can’t disregard his thoughts or their accuracy.
I can and I will disregard his thoughts and his in-accuracy on a lot of the things he posts. You need to go back and read some more of his posts and you will feel the same way. This guy was once a steward and an organizer and draws a Teamster pension. And now he is under the assumption that we freight hands are all over paid for what we do. Especially the union carriers of which he draws a 30 year pension from. This makes him nothing more than a hypocrite in my book. Feel free to share what good points he has made so we can have a discussion about them and I can share just as many if not more that he has made that are not good points. I am sure he would love to have you as a friend for encouragement.

Last edited:
Hearing what you want to hear yourself. Remember that. The guy makes good points and uses good examples. You don’t have to agree. And you can disagree all you like. But you can’t disregard his thoughts or their accuracy.
You mean kind of like OV-10 makes good points that you choose not to listen to and criticize him for? Maybe you should take a good look in the mirror before throwing out accusations at others. And just like you, Blade feels that the YRCW companies should have been allowed to fail putting 30,000 or so people out of work. Yeah, I read your multiple posts on the XPO Pension Info forum putting down the YRC companies and the Central States Pension Fund. What kind of person thinks that all of those people should lose their jobs and their pension thru no fault of their own? All because Zollars had a hard-on for the Teamsters and wanted them out of freight. You and Blade will get along just fine. And, you two deserve each other. But please, for everyone’s sake, don’t have any children!!!

I read your multiple posts on the XPO Pension Info forum putting down the YRC companies and the Central States Pension Fund.
You learn to ignore his silly statement’s over the years. He along with others use yrc’s pension (25%) problems to prove their point. But when you throw ups in as a rebuttal they cry wolf saying they don’t count, why don’t they count?

You mean kind of like OV-10 makes good points that you choose not to listen to and criticize him for? Maybe you should take a good look in the mirror before throwing out accusations at others. And just like you, Blade feels that the YRCW companies should have been allowed to fail putting 30,000 or so people out of work. Yeah, I read your multiple posts on the XPO Pension Info forum putting down the YRC companies and the Central States Pension Fund. What kind of person thinks that all of those people should lose their jobs and their pension thru no fault of their own? All because Zollars had a hard-on for the Teamsters and wanted them out of freight. You and Blade will get along just fine. And, you two deserve each other. But please, for everyone’s sake, don’t have any children!!!

The to big to fail argument ? So a business can run at a loss and have the government pay the tab so long as they hire 30K people ?

Just pointing out the obvious. We all talk out our ass at times. You, me, that guy. And we all stumble into intelligent thoughts once in a while too.

The to big to fail argument ? So a business can run at a loss and have the government pay the tab so long as they hire 30K people ?
They did not “hire” 30,000 people. They had closer to 40,000 people when all the YRCW companies ran independently before the Zollars fiasco reduced them to just under 30,000. Now, there are even fewer. Had Zollars not bought up the other companies with borrowed money at inflated interest rates, most if not all of these companies would probably still be in business today and making a healthy profit. You said on the XPO thread that it was wrong to bail out the underfunded pensions. The Zollars buying spree and deregulation by the government were the biggest contributors to this underfunding problem. But you have no problem with all the YRCW employees losing their livelihood because of one mans hatred for the Teamsters? That may well be your opinion, but I whole heartedly disagree with it. And as I stated before, feel free to post the “good points” that you say Razorblade has made and I will guide you thru the many “bad points” he has made. Or, just go back and research the posts he has made in the past and form your own opinion. You will probably be surprised at what you find. And after that, if you still think he makes mostly good points, then you need help is all I can say.

They did not “hire” 30,000 people. They had closer to 40,000 people when all the YRCW companies ran independently before the Zollars fiasco reduced them to just under 30,000. Now, there are even fewer. Had Zollars not bought up the other companies with borrowed money at inflated interest rates, most if not all of these companies would probably still be in business today and making a healthy profit. You said on the XPO thread that it was wrong to bail out the underfunded pensions. The Zollars buying spree and deregulation by the government were the biggest contributors to this underfunding problem. But you have no problem with all the YRCW employees losing their livelihood because of one mans hatred for the Teamsters? That may well be your opinion, but I whole heartedly disagree with it. And as I stated before, feel free to post the “good points” that you say Razorblade has made and I will guide you thru the many “bad points” he has made. Or, just go back and research the posts he has made in the past and form your own opinion. You will probably be surprised at what you find. And after that, if you still think he makes mostly good points, then you need help is all I can say.

You said mostly. Not me.

So I guess you are good at hearing what you want as well.

You said mostly. Not me.

So I guess you are good at hearing what you want as well.
According to my wife, I am great at only hearing what I want. LOL!!!
And you are correct that we all talk out of our azz from time to time. And I know I do it more than my share. I guess if you find something you are good at, you stick with it. Myself and Blade have gone back and forth on here for some time now. In my opinion, his view points heavily favor management and not the worker. And most of his posts prove this. He tells us that we are doomed because we ask for improvements to our contract and that we should just accept whatever the company offers. What is the point in having a contract if you don’t negotiate for improvements to better the lives of yourself and your coworkers? Where would freight be today if not for those negotiations in the past? Most likely, much lower pay and benefits for all the freight companies both union and non- union.

According to my wife, I am great at only hearing what I want. LOL!!!
And you are correct that we all talk out of our azz from time to time. And I know I do it more than my share. I guess if you find something you are good at, you stick with it. Myself and Blade have gone back and forth on here for some time now. In my opinion, his view points heavily favor management and not the worker. And most of his posts prove this. He tells us that we are doomed because we ask for improvements to our contract and that we should just accept whatever the company offers. What is the point in having a contract if you don’t negotiate for improvements to better the lives of yourself and your coworkers? Where would freight be today if not for those negotiations in the past? Most likely, much lower pay and benefits for all the freight companies both union and non- union.
Not just (most likely) for damn sure!

Carolina got ACs in 77, the year before they were required by contract.
Those guys would go down the road laughing at me sweating like a mule.
I know my bitching and complaining didn't hurt our cause, I was hell-bent to get AC, we got it in 78.

Back in the late 70's early 80's, Penske had his racing shops in Reading pa. He had a team racing big rigs. Well after shutting down the truck racing, they just turned the trucks back into rentals. I ended up using a brigadier general, that was one of the retired racers. So guys thanks for bringing back a great memory.

In the wake of all you mention. If you were a young person. Looking at all of this. What options would you see for yourself? And what direction would you take ?

The house of cards is not hiding. Everyone knows.
I'm not sure there are any options for any of us except the privileged 1%. This thing is too far gone and augering in too fast. Be prepared to get your cash out of the bank ASAP when it goes down before they close the window. The FDIC won't be there this time. They are like the fire dept; great if only 1 house in town is on fire, but worthless if the whole town is burning down. It will be devalued overnight with their great reset, as they call it, but at least you will have it instead of some worthless IOU stock from your bank as a stockholder. Why in the hell would I want stock in a company that cooks the books and who doesn't have actual asset valuations and liabilities that you can see? But the Dodd Frank Banking Act says I have to. I might say leave while you still can, but that would be unAmerican. All of us just have to stay and fight to rebuild what this treasonous trash has destroyed. America is still the same great country it always has been. The fact that the rest of the world is clamoring to get here proves that. It's just in the clutches of vipers right now, and it will be painful, but we owe it to those who sacrificed everything to bring us to this point. To do any less would a profound dishonor to their sacrifice and make us unworthy of them. If you're young, you have your health and that is invaluable to weather what is coming. Hone your marketable skills and prepare. We as Americans have to find the courage within us to say " not only no, but HELL no!" They hope we won't resist. They are vile and treacherous, but they are also craven godless cowards. Remember that and use it to advantage. Stay strong and keep your family close. We will all find out what are truly the important things in life before this is over.

Last edited: