Yellow | Knoxville shooting

A very sad situation! Does anybody have an idea of what percentage of truck drivers "pack heat" while on the job?:shrug:

We have signs stating we are not permitted to have guns on the property.

if you rat, you can engage in harassment with impunity, mark off without consequence, even runoff upteen management personel through said harassments, and tm does nothing.

So the guy passed him on a run to VA and beats him back to Knoxville.

What happens when they get back to Knoxville?
Do they give the next run or pick to the first guy back?
I thought both were bid men. Problems arise when Carlisle B1 swaps with Knoxville B2, so Knoxville B1 must wait on Carlisle B2, thus cutting into B1's home time. There are numerous other scenarios that are possible on butt head turns. There are work rules in place, or that can be put in place, to address all the issues. REGARDLESS, NONE OF THIS RISES TO SETTLEMENT BY DEATH. Workplace violence requires each of us to self examine ourselves and then look at our brothers. The company and union must do the same. Morally we all have that responsibility. Legal responsibility will be determined with more information than we have, by people who entrusted to do so. Everyone be safe, try a little love and pray for ALL who will be grieving.

Just wondering why the anger might be there.
Sorry Mr. bossman.
The circumstances were listed in the post with the info.
Wondering why it would bother somebody if they beat them to a terminal.
Possible little things could change little things. Maybe preventing future problems.
We've had an issue like that here but it wasn't dealt with in conflict. It took a little talk to avoid bigger problems. Instead of letting it grow. No animosity on either side with a little communication. Junior guy didn't mind and all is well since. He'd hurry and get more work. Bypassing others.
You can lead the prayer service now.
O senior drivers don't like to be past been like that for ever makes them look bad. There is always arguments about someone running faster than the other guy. It's just unfortunate situation.

O senior drivers don't like to be past been like that for ever makes them look bad. There is always arguments about someone running faster than the other guy. It's just unfortunate situation.
While I certainly subscribe to and respect the concept of seniority on the job, there are some individuals who seem to have nothing else in life but their "seniority" and they occasionally flaunt it in the faces of less senior men. Sad for them and the ones they harass.

Unfortunately, 2 drivers got into it. The senior driver was mad because the other driver passed him on a run to Bedford, VA, and beat him back to Knoxville, and when they got back the argument went on out in the parking lot. The junior driver pulled out a gun and shot the senior driver in the chest and he died this morning at 02:30 am. Just so sad that someone gets shot like this by someone who should know better about gun control. No damn run or job is worth shooting another human being over. Now two families' lives are runined!
Good grief you got to be kidding me?

(Now the name is public)

"KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - The Knoxville Police Department Major Crimes Unit investigators responded to 1212 Hilton Road regarding a shooting on Friday around 8:20 p.m. Upon arrival, a man was found suffering from at least one gunshot wound, according to officials. The victim was identified as Danny Smith, 65 of Bean Station, TN. After the incident, Smith was sent to UT Medical Center in critical condition but was pronounced dead shortly past midnight. Based on an investigation, the victim and suspect were both employed by YRC Freight were involved in a dispute that turned violent prior to the shooting. According to officials, all involved parties are accounted for and no charges have been filed at this time. KPD said that upon completion of the investigation, the case will be turned over to the Knox County District Attorney’s Officer for review and further action. The investigation is active. Copyright 2021 WVLT."

A very sad situation! Does anybody have an idea of what percentage of truck drivers "pack heat" while on the job?:shrug:

I thought someone said it took place in the parking lot? I would guess there are many more people with guns in their 4 wheelers than big trucks. The way society is going that number is probably increasing daily?

so what happens to this mans wife. Does she get his pension if he has one? 65 years old , thats a helluva way to end your career when a retirement should just be starting. Very sad Rip driver
I was looking at the angle of "On The Job Injury" and litigation, sue dem bums for all you can get. At least get the 15% back that they have been taking for all these years.

so what happens to this mans wife. Does she get his pension if he has one? 65 years old , thats a helluva way to end your career when a retirement should just be starting. Very sad Rip driver
I would think so, most plans let widows collect...

When I retired your wife could receive 50% of your pension if you died.
This option costs $300 per mo.
We didn't take this option.
When I die mama gets nothing, but she can survive on the squirrel gravy we put up each season.

When I retired your wife could receive 50% of your pension if you died.
This option costs $300 per mo.
We didn't take this option.
When I die mama gets nothing, but she can survive on the squirrel gravy we put up each season.
Hey Seabreeze, it makes a big difference if he was retired or still working! If retired his wife would only collect on the agreement they made. Hence; 50%-75%-100%. If he was still working then it’s usually a life insurance plan through his local H&W PLAN. I know of two drivers wives that were paid $10 grand! That’s it! What a shame(sham)! I’ve asked for years why the IBT hasn’t come up with a plan to cover this gray area. Say $250,000.00 at group rates? Nobody thinks this kind of crap will happen to them. But it does happen! And all to often the survivors get screwed!

i blame yellow mgmt, they create a environment where words like "kamala" can be said around african american employees, it was a really awkward experience for me to have a operations manager say kamala 60 times a day at a 8 to 9 decibel and the expressions on black coworkers faces seemed very borderline ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ, imagine if one of those black coworkers of mine did not really like the context that word was being said, oh boy could have been a bad time, i blame management for not being trained to be professionals, they show up to work like a punch of overpaid punks, i felt it was a unsafe working environment at that point because one of the reactions of some new hire could have went differently where i would be witness to some potential incident where i would be some kind of witness to a police report, see people do not think this till it actually happens and then they ask the questions, let's just hope people are careful with their choice of words because people react differently to situations where they are being harassed, well i feel much safer now not working there because of toxic people who get away with harassing their employees

Last edited: