Yellow | Knoxville shooting

She’ll get a 40 thousand dollar life insurance payment from central states and 5 years free insurance that’s it.
The rest if any will be from litigation sue Yellow and the shooter.

I like the fact that there is something in place. I don’t think we have anything like that in New England! However, did I read correctly that under the 60 months plan the benefit is up to $160.00 a month? REALLY!
I think that means that if the monthly benefit is less than $160 a month, then the minimum they will pay is $160 a month.

Really! I think that just sucks, big time. Something has to be done about that!
This means she would draw monthly whatever her husband would have had he retired on the day he passed for five years (60 months). If her husband were to draw say $2800 per month, then that is what she would get for 60 months. However, if her husband had only been working for let's say one year and would have only been able to draw $130 a month, the fund would pay her the minimum ($160) per month for 60 months. "The monthly amount of the 60-Month Benefit is the retirement benefit you would have received if you had retired on the date of your death or, IF GREATER, $160 PER MONTH."

Unfortunately, 2 drivers got into it. The senior driver was mad because the other driver passed him on a run to Bedford, VA, and beat him back to Knoxville, and when they got back the argument went on out in the parking lot. The junior driver pulled out a gun and shot the senior driver in the chest and he died this morning at 02:30 am. Just so sad that someone gets shot like this by someone who should know better about gun control. No damn run or job is worth shooting another human being over. Now two families' lives are runined!
What difference did it make if he passed him or not?

After age 70-1/2 you could work anywhere you wanted when retired, Teamster or not.
Not true it's 71 1/2 we just went through this earlier in the year and the letter we got back from Central States stated so. We had also thought it was 70 1/2 but to our surprise, nope! We now have to wait until April 2022 for him to be able to retire and continue working at YRC.

Not true it's 71 1/2 we just went through this earlier in the year and the letter we got back from Central States stated so. We had also thought it was 70 1/2 but to our surprise, nope! We now have to wait until April 2022 for him to be able to retire and continue working at YRC.
You are correct, the law on RMD's was changed in December, 2019. The age was 70-1/2 for many years before those changes. Once the IRS requires distributions from retirement accounts the pension funds cannot restrict employment.

"You cannot keep retirement funds in your account indefinitely. You generally have to start taking withdrawals from your IRA, SIMPLE IRA, SEP IRA, or retirement plan account when you reach age 70½. However, changes were made by the Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act which was part of the Further Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020,P.L. 116-94, signed by the President on December 20, 2019. Due to changes made by the SECURE Act, if your 70th birthday is July 1, 2019 or later, you do not have to take withdrawals until you reach age 72. Roth IRAs do not require withdrawals until after the death of the owner."