Yellow | Knoxville shooting

I was looking at the angle of "On The Job Injury" and litigation, sue dem bums for all you can get. At least get the 15% back that they have been taking for all these years.
The question might be raised if he was on duty at the time of his death. If he had clocked out the company might claim it was not an on the job injury.

Anybody know the drivers involved? Theres a post on Knoxville Police departments facebook page about a shooting at yrc in Knoxville, Tn
The driver shot& killed was a Nashville driver who transferred to Knoxville in 2017
His name was Danny Smith (senior driver)
Arguing over senior driver being sacked all the time, he threatened to stomp the junior driver & followed him to his car, junior man pulled gun out of car & shot 3 times, blood trail started @ the car (junior man should’ve got in his car and called police if he was that intimidated)junior man was released on the stand your ground law in Tennessee.

Should of been the other way around everyone wants to screw the senior man.
Something has to shut this crap hole of a company down. Yellow is backed to keep truck driver wages down the have no plans to make money.

The driver shot& killed was a Nashville driver who transferred to Knoxville in 2017
His name was Danny Smith (senior driver)
Arguing over senior driver being sacked all the time, he threatened to stomp the junior driver & followed him to his car, junior man pulled gun out of car & shot 3 times, blood trail started @ the car (junior man should’ve got in his car and called police if he was that intimidated)junior man was released on the stand your ground law in Tennessee.
Danny Smith was 65, the "junior" driver was 59 year old Christopher Williams. Not much wisdom in all of those years.

Just wondering why the anger might be there.
Sorry Mr. bossman.
The circumstances were listed in the post with the info.
Wondering why it would bother somebody if they beat them to a terminal.
Possible little things could change little things. Maybe preventing future problems.
We've had an issue like that here but it wasn't dealt with in conflict. It took a little talk to avoid bigger problems. Instead of letting it grow. No animosity on either side with a little communication. Junior guy didn't mind and all is well since. He'd hurry and get more work. Bypassing others.
You can lead the prayer service now.
If one driver leapfrogs another, Leapfrogger will wind up with his victims dispatch while victim may have to wait some time for the next available dispatch. Some leapfroggers simply jump in their assigned truck and take off. No pretrip. No ELD entry. Other than that, they're very nice people. WE had two Leapfroggers that would show up at their turn with 3 flats and the pintle hook open. Oh yeah, the tag trailer was dark. They also have warm feelings about swapping in the fire zone, next to the fuel pumps....

Last edited:
If one driver leapfrogs another, Leapfrogger will wind up with his victims dispatch while victim may have to wait some time for the next available dispatch. Some leapfroggers simply jump in their assigned truck and take off. No pretrip. No ELD entry. Other than that, they're very nice people. WE had two Leapfroggers that would show up at their turn with 3 flats and the pintle hook open. Oh yeah, the tag trailer was dark. They also have warm feelings about swapping in the fire zone, next to the fuel pumps....
This is nothing new! I’ve been driving since 6/75 and it was an issue then as it is now! Problem is with contractual language. Can’t force anyone to hold loads! I’ve been told hundreds of times that “We’ll get you out on rest”. Then find out that “SCOOP” went right home and I’m going on a via! F the SCOOPS! I have three months to go and I will do anything I can to screw with a SCOOPER! It is truly amazing how often I see these runners jump into units and do absolutely nothing for safety and drag trailers off their parking spot just to roll quicker! The crap I see out here now is disturbing! It used to be that you would find yourself driving DEFENSIVELY once in a while. Now it’s 100% of the time! Yes I’m retiring but part of that decision was based on getting out before some SCOOPER takes me out before I’m ready to go!

This is nothing new! I’ve been driving since 6/75 and it was an issue then as it is now! Problem is with contractual language. Can’t force anyone to hold loads! I’ve been told hundreds of times that “We’ll get you out on rest”. Then find out that “SCOOP” went right home and I’m going on a via! F the SCOOPS! I have three months to go and I will do anything I can to screw with a SCOOPER! It is truly amazing how often I see these runners jump into units and do absolutely nothing for safety and drag trailers off their parking spot just to roll quicker! The crap I see out here now is disturbing! It used to be that you would find yourself driving DEFENSIVELY once in a while. Now it’s 100% of the time! Yes I’m retiring but part of that decision was based on getting out before some SCOOPER takes me out before I’m ready to go!
PIE stopped most of this in Charlotte with a minimum running time,
also any run over 6 hrs, a 1 hr meal period was required.
This was enforced.

PIE stopped most of this in Charlotte with a minimum running time,
also any run over 6 hrs, a 1 hr meal period was required.
This was enforced.
Now something like that would have worked until the SCOOPS figured out a way around it. Sad, but true.

65 yrs old ??? Why don't people seemly retire instead of trying to get that last extra penny ? More to life then 60-70 toxic hours a week ! And very sad my condolences to the family .
Maybe his wife is younger than him, he may have been waiting for her to turn 65 so she would have health insurance