Yellow | Name the trucking companies

There was con-way north that was shut down buy con-way they were union
:hide: CF Inc. bought New Penn and transformed them into Con-Way Eastern Express, a union carrier. They were a part of the early Con-Way start ups by CF Inc.
I do not know the whole story, but some where along the way, there was friction between the union and Con-Way.
CEX was shut down.
Con-Way Northern express was a paper company operating under the rights of CCX, ( non union ) and using CCX equipment and people.
After some time CCX moved into all of CEX territory, where they remain today. :smilie_132:

There was con-way north that was shut down buy con-way they were union

That was actually CEX - Con-way Eastern Express. It was originally Penn Yan Express, a Teamster company. I believe that Con-way shut it down when the Teamsters refused to accept concessions.

:hide: I hope you guys don't mind a non union Con-Way guy posting on your thread. With the recent upheavel in our industry, I have been perusing all of the threads.
I will not interfere in any way, but hope to add something usefull.
My sincere hope is that our economy does a turn around, and all of our freight people that have been laid off get called back, and EVERY freight company returns to profitability :smilie_132:

forgot about bowman there they were union but i thing it was us steel or longshoreman. i know one thing thats long list of great teamsters jobs.

Back in the old days Werner Continental and Johnson Motor Lines had LTL terminals that I worked at as a casual.I'm not sure when they ceased operating as LTL and went to truckload.Anybody know?

:hide: CF Inc. bought New Penn and transformed them into Con-Way Eastern Express, a union carrier. They were a part of the early Con-Way start ups by CF Inc. <snip>

That was actually Penn Yan that CF Inc. bought and transformed into CEX. New Penn is still around. North Penn is another that's gone.

Schroeder Union
Time D C Union
Elfrink Union
Rennors Union
Duff truck lines Union
O.K. Truck Lines Union
Wintz freight ways, non union then went union with some pressure
Rumphf truck lines Union