XPO | Pay increase??

You guys deserve more. For all they put you through. You are ridiculously underpaid. Not only do you drive the truck. And work the dock. You have to make numbers for the FOS and fix vias for dispatch. Or build out the runs if you are in the city. Just so crazy.

I make the same money as you. And do literally nothing but drive the truck. I don’t ever even have to speak to another person if I choose not to. It’s another world out here. What an eye opener.

Hopefully. You guys will see what you are worth. It’s criminal how they treat you.
For all they put you through. You are ridiculously underpaid. Not only do you drive the truck. And work the dock You have to make numbers for the FOS and fix vias for dispatch. Or build out the runs if you are in the city. ------------------------------------------------------------------- All that is true but if you don't work there you have no idea how little most drivers actually do.This is one business that 20% of the employees do the actual work and the rest ride on their backs bitching and moaning about everything. I watched a guy fight the company for three weeks because he did not get paid for seven miles one week. He probably made two hundred bucks on the clock telling everybody about the progress. I say lets give him and his kind more money for everything they do to help the company .LMFAOOOOOO

For all they put you through. You are ridiculously underpaid. Not only do you drive the truck. And work the dock You have to make numbers for the FOS and fix vias for dispatch. Or build out the runs if you are in the city. ------------------------------------------------------------------- All that is true but if you don't work there you have no idea how little most drivers actually do.This is one business that 20% of the employees do the actual work and the rest ride on their backs bitching and moaning about everything. I watched a guy fight the company for three weeks because he did not get paid for seven miles one week. He probably made two hundred bucks on the clock telling everybody about the progress. I say lets give him and his kind more money for everything they do to help the company .LMFAOOOOOO

You make valid points. Not everyone is worthy. But that don’t take away from those that are. Management not being willing or able to weed out the rotten apples is no fair argument that these folks are over paid. They are underpaid. In my opinion.

In spite of knowing a guy that when the fuel island went down. Took his Freightliner down to the quick stop and filled it with unleaded. This same genius was climbing on some drums to raise the bars and tripped and fell to the floor. Breaking both his arms. This same guy. During training. After 4 days of ride along going to Detroit. On the fifth day calls us frantic. He’s heading towards Kentucky. What does he do ? And he still “ works “ there. Started as a dockhand. Got his CDL. Been there over 10 years. Good for him. But dammit, man. Can’t nobody fix stupid.

I will still say. They are underpaid. In my opinion.

Living rent free in your little head for years now. Pathetic really. Go away little boy.

LOL. Living rent free on Jeff’s message board. You could chip in if you’re feeling guilty about it. I have over the years. Nothing monumental. But it was something.

Nothing pathetic about being drunk on the kool aid. Live your life, little boy.

I’m a peacock flying into a rainbow.

Last edited:
If you think a 3.5% "raise" in this economy is good then, well,,,,

Sorry, I can't say anything that wont be insulting to your intelligence, or math skills.

You do realize that true inflation is running at near 25%,yeah, and has been for abt 18 months, and dispite what you're hearing, has not come down? Do you realize how much more expensive it is for you to exist on a daily basis with those #s?

Ahhh, what's the point. Honestly, if it hasn't registered with you by now, it never will.

Rejoice! You just got a $1.10hr raise!!
Fantastic bump,,,, if it were 1991.
Did the company cause inflation? No. Then why should the company be responsible for compensating you for inflation? Maybe you're just a complainer and wouldn't be happy with any raise, no matter how big it was.

Honestly I’m surprised we got 3.5 % . I really thought it was going to be somewhere around 2 %. If they hold health insurance cost at 2022 levels then I consider good . Not great but good . Considering you have no say in what you get it would be ridiculous to expect any more . You get what they deem is fair. If you don’t like it do something about instead of wining .
How much of a raise is Miami getting?

I'm in the Midwest.

To pay for the 3.5 percent raise , the hour early Monday start times on inbound have been eliminated untill further notice.

This is in my region. I don't know if it's company wide.

What everyone was told was this move was in response to dropping freight levels. Freight levels have declined in the past but this is the first time the early Monday start has been cut. ( At least anywhere I've heard of )

Did the company cause inflation? No. Then why should the company be responsible for compensating you for inflation? Maybe you're just a complainer and wouldn't be happy with any raise, no matter how big it was.
Look at Mister company guy over here, how deep do you have your nose up their asses ? Look here ding dong , we as drivers deserve that raise we are the ones that make this company not our managers, we are the ones breaking our backs every day and night and you tell me we don’t deserve something that’s fair for us , people like you are all day under that desk sucking up to the man , get a backbone and stick up for yourself.

3.5 raise is damn joke all of our supervisors got a nice little bonus 10 thousand for that ding dong that works the sector 30 for the FOM and what the hell did we get ? XPO made so much money these last 2 years on our backs they don’t even know what to do with it , this 3.5 % so called raise is a disgrace

why should the company be responsible for compensating you for inflation?
I’m surprised we got 3.5 . Thats the only reason I consider it good . Do I think it’s Fair ? Hell no ! It’s a COLA raise . Cost of living adjustment. Does it make up for inflation ? Not even close. On that merit it’s a joke.

Now, why should they be responsible. If they want to attract new employees and maintain current ones it is a must. When they don’t adjust the pay to current levels of inflation we fall backwards on the compensation scale. Will the company take a rate increase that adjust too inflation? Absolutely. They will make more money per hour off of our backs by doing so.

Why I said in previous post it a good raise live with ? BECAUSE THE MAJORITY AT XPO HAVE PUT THEIR TRUST IN MANAGEMENT TO DO THE RIGHT THING. Well did they ? Have they ? This is the perfect example of why having no say in things will leave you high and dry in the end. YOU GET WHAT THEY DEEM IS RIGHT. Considering that were lucky to have gotten anything.

Example how it should work: UPS in their August of 2022 scheduled raise got .82 cent with an additional 1.00 COLA adjustment as agreed upon in negotiations. That’s the way it should work.

SSI got a 8.7 COLA due to inflation In 2022 .That’s the way it should work.

AGAIN I SAY LIVE WITH IT WHEN IT COMES TO XPO AND THE PAY INCREASE . ITS WHAT YOU CHOSE . WHY EVEN BULK ABOUT IT ? DO YOU THINK IT GOING TO CHANGE IT ?
The short answer is no. Now just hope they don’t raise the medical to offset the 3.5 % in October.

Last edited:
So every LTL raises rates every year because of inflation (most years at a rate higher than inflation) and you are ok with getting a tiny raise? and you admonish your co-workers for wanting more? Wow, I bet your Boss just loves you.....

Xpo is not responsible for inflation nor should it’s employees be held to sub cost of living compensation to stem inflation for the public. Xpo and other LTL companies as a group should not hold its employees to suppressed wages because it is downgrading its workforce in doing so . This will only lead to making it more likely we will see a Continuation of lack of applicants

This 100%. We are asked to do the most and we should be compensated the most. Bunch of guys here don’t realize how much more responsibility has been put on them over the years because it’s happened over a long period. It’s about to go into overdrive soon with the new management style. Numbers , numbers …..