R&L | Pay raise?

what a waste. Equiptment that should be supplied by company
Yeah, it's unreal. And to top it off the batteries aren't covered. The company works on them as they do the manual jacks free of charge on labor and parts. My manual jack was entirely rebuilt at no cost to me. The electrics they'll do the same thing excluding the batteries. It's like 900 to replace batteries. I have no idea how long they last.

I cant wait for all the calls for all the errors the Bendex Wingman system creates. I've literally had 3 emergency brake applications with my truck when nothing was in front of me. Constantly telling me I'm over lines that don't exist.
You mean like when you’re on the freeway and it reads a speed limit sign on a frontage road?

OH MY GOD!!! He’s going DOUBLE the speed limit!!

You mean like when you’re on the freeway and it reads a speed limit sign on a frontage road?

OH MY GOD!!! He’s going DOUBLE the speed limit!!
Yup. I actually have that very issue and its weird. A big yellow " speed limit ahead 40 mph " sign off of the exit ramp of the freeway reads as an actual speed which it shouldn't. As I pass it, I always have to take my foot off of the accelerator.

Yeah, it's unreal. And to top it off the batteries aren't covered. The company works on them as they do the manual jacks free of charge on labor and parts. My manual jack was entirely rebuilt at no cost to me. The electrics they'll do the same thing excluding the batteries. It's like 900 to replace batteries. I have no idea how long they last.
The batteries are the reason I didn't buy one. On average, the batteries last up to 3 years if you don't overcharge them and you treat it well. Not sure about anyone else but I cant afford 900 bucks every 2 to 3 years.

Yup. I actually have that very issue and its weird. A big yellow " speed limit ahead 40 mph " sign off of the exit ramp of the freeway reads as an actual speed which it shouldn't. As I pass it, I always have to take my foot off of the accelerator.
Mine does the same thing. Reads reduced speed ahead. I run out in the boonies a lot and it constantly gives lane departure warnings on the back country roads with no pavement markings at all. Picks up cracks, mud, tar lines, etc etc

Driver Room replete with rumors of "substantial" pay raise this time around. Any body hear anything? Bribe to stick around after cameras installed?
Last week of April anybody see a raise posted yet? If I remember correctly they posted it last year this week and it was on our first check in May.

Driver Room replete with rumors of "substantial" pay raise this time around. Any body hear anything? Bribe to stick around after cameras installed?
Not one driver in the area has heard one word about pay increases. Last year's huge bump probably won't happen. Supposedly R+L is going to announce something in about two weeks so apparently all the carriers are brain storming on where to go. The bottom feeding companies will wait until they see what the big boys do. A lot of routes in DFW are slow. We usually get about 90% of the max increase.

what a waste. Equiptment that should be supplied by company
dallas did buy a few electric ones once they hired a few female drivers....they couldn't do the job although many of us have been hurt pushing those 2500 pound pallets of flooring and tile around....now that they stopped covering the employees with workers comp that will probably stop too

2 years

dallas did buy a few electric ones once they hired a few female drivers....they couldn't do the job although many of us have been hurt pushing those 2500 pound pallets of flooring and tile around....now that they stopped covering the employees with workers comp that will probably stop too
How does a company stop work comp? Isn’t that law?

Unfortunately it's not a law. Companies do not have to carry workers comp. We had a driver get run over by a fork lift. Needless to say it cost the company a lot of money. At R+L it's now called injury recovery and Stephanie in that department definitely has no sympathy for people injured on the job. R+L now enforces light duty. Makes you jump through hoops for physical therapy. It takes months unless you literally are hospitalized to get treatment. Then the payout is minimal unless you sue. R+L makes no excuses for kicking you to the curb if you've been injured and are on long term injury recovery. We've had multiple people terminated after injuries. If you work for R+L you should definitely ask.

It would be Interesting to hear from the R+L moderator. He's been with the company for years and works in a different part of the country. He would be able to clarify if his location has workers comp or not. Here in the Red State of Texas it's not required as Texas is pro business and does not protect the employees.