Yellow | Protect The Dock Only Teamster Brothers and Sisters On The Change of Operations!

A friend of mine works at Penske in Phili, and he told me they have like 150 sleeper tractors being prepped for YRC that will be used by UE drivers who will be running PA, NY, NJ, CT, MA, and MD, out 4 weeks at a stretch?
I call bullshit, Yellow would bring back the single axle 6 inch wide sleepers that they used for teams years ago. They're they're scouring junkyards all across the land for those, because the union wouldn't let them use sleepers built after 1990. If they can't be found then and only then will they use newer built sleepers. However there won't be a sleeper, there will be a bench seat for the the new 6 person teams. 3 drivers, one dock only, and 2 hostelers for the new quad trailer runs. 1 53 and 3 28 footers. Teams will be out for no longer than 6 months. If they're out longer, they will be paid a premium of 3.293485757 cents per hour, based on a 10 hour day. :fat:

We had drivers only forever.
And that changed to having FT dock.

Driver only seems to be the company solution
And road drivers are the replacement for dock.
Who wants it?

Another rumour I heard from a questionable source was that road will turn totally into UE. (Utility Employee).

And will be dispatched to their chosen velocity terminal. And from there they will work dock and be dispatched from velocity terminal to velocity terminal for 3 weeks at a time before going home.

Sound great?
I'm sure pay will not remain desirable.

Hobo travelling circus.
Forget your family.
It's all about Yellow.

Total attack on Locals and family.
Replace it with becoming nomads for the company.

Sorta the same concept as deregulation.
Anybody goes anywhere...
Globalism. No borders. Nobody to be tied to....just their money. And if you don't do what they say....they'll starve ya.

FOOOOOOR. THE COMPANY!
Brother stop your theories! :chairshot:
In the west is working perfectly, little by little the new way of moving freight is working, just the economy and weather is putting some bumps of having more regular days, it is a constant adjustment but the bear is starting to move.
For what a utility driver routine, is starting two drivers at 8pm and other two at 9pm, for the round trip is about 110 miles with a 53' (Bloom/ CA to LA basin /CA) mostly for next day freight, there is a cut off time at 5am or earlier to come back. It is a 10 or 11.5 hrs. shift average at $ 27.15/ hr.; Coffee and donuts are free for them.
The average temperature at winter night is 40 to 50 degrees. Any other freight is shuttle.
It's all good, stop worrying about the abuse or extra work. Most of the freight are pallets.
Expect the best from the change!
New Penn is the past!
Yellow Freight is the present and future!
Soon, you will be compensated!
:shift:

Have a wonderful weekend!
:usa:

Brother stop your theories! :chairshot:
In the west is working perfectly, little by little the new way of moving freight is working, just the economy and weather is putting some bumps of having more regular days, it is a constant adjustment but the bear is starting to move.
For what a utility driver routine, is starting two drivers at 8pm and other two at 9pm, for the round trip is about 110 miles with a 53' (Bloom/ CA to LA basin /CA) mostly for next day freight, there is a cut off time at 5am or earlier to come back. It is a 10 or 11.5 hrs. shift average at $ 27.15/ hr.; Coffee and donuts are free for them.
The average temperature at winter night is 40 to 50 degrees. Any other freight is shuttle.
It's all good, stop worrying about the abuse or extra work. Most of the freight are pallets.
Expect the best from the change!
New Penn is the past!
Yellow Freight is the present and future!
Soon, you will be compensated!
:shift:

Have a wonderful weekend!
:usa:
He should love UE. Most of the loads I saw for them were floored out, and not much stacking. He will probably try and get a petition going though against that bastard, Newsom, for allowing doubles, and 53’s in So Cal.

You need 10 hours on an ice cold dock with no wind breaker seals to straighten you out
You'll see it when it becomes the 3 week travelling Nomad Bid.
Make sure you get them coveralls on and off really really quickly. You'll get a letter if you don't. At each stop.
In my opinion this is the bottom line.
As A city driver I have about a half dozen more hoops to jump through to get and retain my license that A dock worker doesn't.
I'm also like a lot of guys at an end of the line terminal... I work the dock an average of 3 hours per day.
In my case its inbound. Is it butt cold some mornings?....yes!!
I've also worked at hubs for years with dock only.
Anyone can't get hurt or injured at any time on the dock or street.
My life is not only in my hands driving, but the lives of dozens around me are in mine as well.
That responsibility alone is enough to warrant the pay differential.

if yellow splits the pay, be ready to strike, dock will vote it down.
if yellow splits the pay, we need equal opportunity. classification seniority needs to go.
old dockmen will now be the drivers, will decades of seniority.
it is simpler for teamsters to see that we all get paid the same.

I am stirring the pot.
Some are very adamant about seeing things the company way.
Would not the company profit more by paying dock time at dock rate?
Why pay more?
You are doing the same job as the dock guy for at least 3 hours/day.
No more or less risk for you.

I did the travel policy pay deal a few weekend days this year.

I can tell you that when one guy is allowed to work next to another and do the same job, it's not really a happy thing for the guy doing it for much less pay.
It's the best pay I made in the business/hour. When totaling all the bonus and travel money
But it's not right for the guys stuck there doing it for much less for years....or even if they are new.
If dock got single tier pay equal to drivers, you'd hardly need the travel policy.

You are working their classification.
Why the difference in pay?

Our terminal is bid either city/dock or dock only with no CDL extra board.

Would it not make more sense to just pay all dock time at dock rate, for the company?
Seabreeze said that road drivers were not allowed on docks.
Now the company wants them there.
If they're gonna do dock classifications work for half of their shift...why should they make UE rate? And why should they work next to guys making much less per hour?
What sense does that make for profits?
And what sense does it make for a dock worker to pay dues and maybe have a decade more seniority to work next to a guy out of the Academy making much more than him?

What sense does it make for a dockworker to make less to work next to a driver who can no longer pass the DOT physical yet they both do the exact same job for years?

The company probably looks for every way they can to make money.
And I'm pretty sure somebody has had to have thought of all of this.
They plan way ahead
And when the right circumstances are in place...they will do it or try.
I guess ill use the football analogy for you.
First off do you pay a lineman the same as the quarterback?.. No
And lets say your quarterback throws an average of 25 passes per game.
Would you pay him less if he only threw 17 one week?...no
Your paying for what he brings to the table every week.

I am stirring the pot.
Some are very adamant about seeing things the company way.
Would not the company profit more by paying dock time at dock rate?
Why pay more?
You are doing the same job as the dock guy for at least 3 hours/day.
No more or less risk for you.

I did the travel policy pay deal a few weekend days this year.

I can tell you that when one guy is allowed to work next to another and do the same job, it's not really a happy thing for the guy doing it for much less pay.
It's the best pay I made in the business/hour. When totaling all the bonus and travel money
But it's not right for the guys stuck there doing it for much less for years....or even if they are new.
If dock got single tier pay equal to drivers, you'd hardly need the travel policy.

You are working their classification.
Why the difference in pay?

Our terminal is bid either city/dock or dock only with no CDL extra board.

Would it not make more sense to just pay all dock time at dock rate, for the company?
Seabreeze said that road drivers were not allowed on docks.
Now the company wants them there.
If they're gonna do dock classifications work for half of their shift...why should they make UE rate? And why should they work next to guys making much less per hour?
What sense does that make for profits?
And what sense does it make for a dock worker to pay dues and maybe have a decade more seniority to work next to a guy out of the Academy making much more than him?

What sense does it make for a dockworker to make less to work next to a driver who can no longer pass the DOT physical yet they both do the exact same job for years?

The company probably looks for every way they can to make money.
And I'm pretty sure somebody has had to have thought of all of this.
They plan way ahead
And when the right circumstances are in place...they will do it or try.
I hope I didn't confuse you about road drivers, our road drivers didn't do any dock work.

We had road, p&d, dock, and switcher job classifications.
You could bid on any classification only if a job came open anywhere your seniority would allow.
You were just like a new hire until bid time which was every 6 months, you then picked up all your seniority.
A road driver bumping on the dock had his pay reduced to dock pay the day he started his new classification
We had 2, 20 yr road drivers do this because they were tired of driving.

I've been out of the game for 4 years. And I'm glad I am.
I had a cdl. Could not pass the eye exam so it was dock for me.
That was 3 years into my employment at R.
We all got paid the same rate.
I have a question.
To those blubbering about pay rates and thinking drivers should be paid more which I think is bs.
Should the clerks in the office get paid less too because they don't have a cdl
?
We all were paid the same rate. Period.
That us the only fair way. I don't know or follow what's going on.
Dock work is dangerous. Small docks and 13 lifts running around.
Pfft. Drivers. I was both a driver and dock. I never even considered anyone get paid more or less. Everyone was equal.
Nuff said.
Probably already made someone angry. Not my intention.
But working on the dock is no picnic.

There was a time when United Steelworkers at Bethlehem Steel made much more money than professors at Lehigh University made.

The shift to "professional" and what is deemed more or less "professional" left 99% of the country's employees extremely far behind.
Devastating consequences for industries, localities, and all government budgets.
Definitely not worth the "I deserve more than you because I am worth more than you to investors or the company".. The differing rates allow for companies to save and cause division.
.Their increase in money and power wrecked the country. And all industries

It's a sham.
Bite that bait and see who gets the lions share.
The results are in...politicians may seem like they serve unions....but in reality the unions have bent to company policies because membership numbers depend on union companies surviving.
Eh.
Never thought much beyond the work.
Politics. Could not care less.
I was out to feed our family and pay the bills.
I knew my place and didn't over think it.
It's just a job. And I could have found another.
But I stayed. I know some who left and found success and happiness.
That's what it's all about.
If it makes you miserable. Find something else.
(more lights please). That's for someone else.
Have a good day all...