FedEx Freight | Take action NOW!!!

Now is the time for...

• CALL IN THE UNION AND START SIGNING CARDS.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • KEEP CALLING HARRISON TELLING THEM THIS IS WRONG.

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • IT'S OVER , DONE DEAL , I'M GOING TO LIVE WITH IT.

Votes: 121 56.5%
  • BRING IT TO THE MEDIA'S ATTENTION TELLING HOW UNJUST FED EX IS.

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters
You are correct that YRC cut our pay and have not payed into the pension for the last 15 months but you do know the real reason why...fierce competition from fed-ex & con-way & others trying to do whatever they could to put YRC down..If you do the research it was the IBT that for the most part saved YRC from the creditors.Do I like the fact That I am making a whole lot less than I was three years ago NO but I am still working

Fedex and Conway didn't make Yellow go into all that debt. That's what got YRC into trouble. Huge debt coupled with going into a economic down turn is to blame, not the competition. There's always competition for freight.

this thing sucks guys but stop bitching and move on i have to move to columbus oh to keep my job im doing it and not feeling sorry for myself get over it men we cant stop it lets jump on and ride this thing

Sorry, but I disagree with you! REAL MEN fight for what they believe in, REAL MEN fight for justice, REAL MEN fight for decent wages, their families, their jobs and their COUNTRY! REAL MEN WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!! And we can do it WITHOUT A UNION!!!!All it takes is patience, stamina and resolve.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never understood why people think the union is the fix for every problem. YRC has cut pay benefits and jobs and the union did nothing so what would they do for us?? Maybe they could negotiate a 15% cut for us as well......and my favorite statement.....well atleast we got to vote on it. I grew up in a union family and always thought it was a benefitial thing but after seeing what they have done to other ltl carriers I really don't think we want to go down that path. Look at NEMF, they are part of the machinist union and they seem to be below us in most "comp packages"

Thank you chitown!!! It takes collective resolve!! Strength in numbers!! It can be done without the CORRUPT UNIONS!!!!!

Sorry, but I disagree with you! REAL MEN fight for what they believe in, REAL MEN fight for justice, REAL MEN fight for decent wages, their families, their jobs and their COUNTRY! REAL MEN WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!! And we can do it WITHOUT A UNION!!!!All it takes is patience, stamina and resolve.

I totally agree with most of what you said. The union with the RIGHT CONTRACT can benefit you. You would have to get a majority of drivers and dock workers to stand with you and that will never happen. Mainly for fear of losing their jobs. I can't fault anyone for that. Especially ones with families.

Real men don't think that by crying about justice makes it a just cause. As for decent wages are you saying you are not paid a decent wage really ? put the shoe on the other foot

Again no one person that started a company did it thinking "Oh Gee what can I do for the poor people out there?" They did it to make as many dollers as they could

it is what it is ....finally Fedex to only get stronger to provide a stronger job security for all . It's a great business choice and those who don't think so , maybe you need to take a business course . Enjoy the up comming ride , it's only going to get better .

My friend Dave will help all who needs to clear up their debt issues ...see Dave at Dave Ramsey Homepage - daveramsey.com The Harleys , the Lake Cabin Cruiser , the new Trucks, Cars , Credit Cards in this day and age is not a good idea .... Talk to My pal Dave and get this under control ..in case you get caught up in a squeeze !!!!!

I totally agree with most of what you said. The union with the RIGHT CONTRACT can benefit you. You would have to get a majority of drivers and dock workers to stand with you and that will never happen. Mainly for fear of losing their jobs. I can't fault anyone for that. Especially ones with families.

Always remember a contract starts with a Blank piece of paper !!!!!!!

it's a done deal, do your complaining in the dinner's or at home or in the gin mills, you have no say in the matter. thats the way fedx is.

Amen Brother,,,America works best when we say UNION YES !

This is funny that you put down this quote.. All the cars with this bumper sticker on it have to be ones the Obama administration missed with the cars for clunkers program..

"you have to fight these corporations.shut em down." REALLY? Wow. Lets put this is perspective. Fedex did not have to merge the National and Freight. They did not have to give us 4 1/2 months notice. They do not have to give any severance. They could have have said in 90 days we are closing the doors and have a good day, if you wish to work at other FedEx operations you may apply for any open positions, the same you would do if you were transfering. I think they are doing this exactly as any humane person would, unlike any huge corporation I know of today.

This change sucks and it affects everyone of us hard, including myself. I will be transferring to a terminal 42 miles from my house, in Seattle traffic thats a 3 hour commute each day. My current commute is 20 minutes. So... get over it, move on, look straight ahead and change what you can.

Praise the Lawd! Somebody actually gets it! I was just about to start banging my forehead on the desk. Not only could they have done it that way, none of you have any idea just how close they came to doing just that. Thank you for an excellent post!

THIS ... is silly

blaming FEDEX and CON-WAY for YRCs troubles !

We didn't take anyone to raise, we are here to win.

sorry ...I had crazy instead of silly .... caught my error and changed it :bouncy:

I am sorry you do not see the big picture here's something for you to read

YRC Worldwide Takes 5.9 Percent Trucking General Rate Hike | Journal of Commerce

FedEx Freight and Con-way Freight, two carriers that were at the forefront of price cuts in a bid last year to lure YRC customers away, still are struggling to recover from heavy discounting in 2009 that depressed earnings in recent quarters.