FedEx Freight | Take action NOW!!!

Now is the time for...

• CALL IN THE UNION AND START SIGNING CARDS.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • KEEP CALLING HARRISON TELLING THEM THIS IS WRONG.

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • IT'S OVER , DONE DEAL , I'M GOING TO LIVE WITH IT.

Votes: 121 56.5%
  • BRING IT TO THE MEDIA'S ATTENTION TELLING HOW UNJUST FED EX IS.

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters
I am sorry you do not see the big picture here's something for you to read

YRC Worldwide Takes 5.9 Percent Trucking General Rate Hike | Journal of Commerce

FedEx Freight and Con-way Freight, two carriers that were at the forefront of price cuts in a bid last year to lure YRC customers away, still are struggling to recover from heavy discounting in 2009 that depressed earnings in recent quarters.

Thats what big companys do and YRC is no different..yellow and roadway tried to put Viking and AF out of biz for years. Know that we are one we are killing YRC..hows the shoe fit now.

I am sorry you do not see the big picture here's something for you to read

YRC Worldwide Takes 5.9 Percent Trucking General Rate Hike | Journal of Commerce

FedEx Freight and Con-way Freight, two carriers that were at the forefront of price cuts in a bid last year to lure YRC customers away, still are struggling to recover from heavy discounting in 2009 that depressed earnings in recent quarters.

If FedEx Freight/National had been in YRC's situation, the other LTLs would have done the same to us. It's called business.

You are most likely correct..Corporate America at it's best..but at who's expense the workers whether it is us at a YRC company or you guys at fed-ex or any other trucking company We will pay the price as for us it is now a race to the bottom...

the only possible way of a union getting into fedex is for them to go after one of our biggest hubs...if we at a small 180 door hub or a satelite center would vote union they would shut it down...just hang in there we are one of the best managed companies in the world and this will makes us even stronger and no doubt put us at the top of the ltl food chain

Not as long as we still fall under the railway act.

You are most likely correct..Corporate America at it's best..but at who's expense the workers whether it is us at a YRC company or you guys at fed-ex or any other trucking company We will pay the price as for us it is now a race to the bottom...

I've never understood this hatred for corporations from those that work for corporations. You are in essence a business yourself. You sell a service to the corporation in exchange for pay and benefits. Do you not try and and get the most compensation for your service? Make yourself as profitable as possible?
Why is it evil for the owners of the corporation to do the same? Do you always do what's best for the corporation first which would make the corporation stronger and thus make the jobs of your fellow employees safer? Or do you do what's best for you first?
If corporations are just evil, why do you sell your service to the corporation? Why not go to work for somebody you believe to be more honorable? Better yet, why not start your own company and run it as you believe is right? It's still a free country, options are available if you don't like what you're doing now.

I've never understood this hatred for corporations from those that work for corporations. You are in essence a business yourself. You sell a service to the corporation in exchange for pay and benefits. Do you not try and and get the most compensation for your service? Make yourself as profitable as possible?
Why is it evil for the owners of the corporation to do the same? Do you always do what's best for the corporation first which would make the corporation stronger and thus make the jobs of your fellow employees safer? Or do you do what's best for you first?
If corporations are just evil, why do you sell your service to the corporation? Why not go to work for somebody you believe to be more honorable? Better yet, why not start your own company and run it as you believe is right? It's still a free country, options are available if you don't like what you're doing now.

here here well said

did any of you all see the news where they followed some workers to lunch from Chysler the guy went to a park and began drinking and smoking dope on a 30 min lunch break. Now these guy are union workers (mostly driving Fords I heard) went back to a union job now when this all comes down the pike what do you suppose will happen to these guys? My guess is the worse will be a month off...costing the company money...some will go for rehab at the company expense. thats what A union does for you

It was pretty much the same EXCEPT company senority did not count towards making the cut. When the senority lists were merged, only job class senority was used which in my opinion is the right way to do it, after all when you change job class you RESIGN your senority. At YRC company senority is only used for benefit and vacation purposes.

did any of you all see the news where they followed some workers to lunch from Chysler the guy went to a park and began drinking and smoking dope on a 30 min lunch break. Now these guy are union workers (mostly driving Fords I heard) went back to a union job now when this all comes down the pike what do you suppose will happen to these guys? My guess is the worse will be a month off...costing the company money...some will go for rehab at the company expense. thats what A union does for you
ford mustang, dodge truck and a beat up Olds. I'm guessing the guy with the Olds had the worst drug problem. I don't think the union is gonna do much about a failed drug test while on the job

All,
Somthing needed to be done !!! The current system was so confusing.. Lets see .. Make a national pickup in SLK,
turn it over to Regional in SLC... Deliver it in BFE.... Change is hard, For any of us.. Getting a third party involved
would not have changed anything.. Wake up ? Vic

please stop we need too start making $$$$again till then we are just adrag on the company they will shut us down no if ands or buts we neededed to get a union in 3 or 4 years ago when we wher making $$$now its just cleaning up the mess that all those beloved af upper mgmt poplele left us this is a faild experiment that is all and we are the dupes

Amen Brother,,,America works best when we say UNION YES !

I'm not against or for a union here. But tell you what it changes the game. Becareful what you wish for. I have been in a union for about 25yrs til i came to Fed ex. They hire you to fire you. By the book MEANS follow contract by the book. Todays union are ( in my experience) only out for your dues and dinners and vacations with company officials. Its not 1960's anymore. Much Much different ball game.

Making Money...

If you think about it, there are several factors that have impeded the company from making profits at FXF. First, more LTL companies than there is freight to go around. Second, the economy. Third, every company lowering their price down to the bone. Fourth MANAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!! And having to pay for customers freight that gets destroyed.

Back to the poll question !!!!! The union , what can the union do to stop this ? Ok , let's ask YRC and Roadway , ABF , Carolina , Transcon , The union will do nothing when it comes to operation change . Those people went through the same thing as far as seniority and fell into line based upon their seniority . Just ask and YRC , Roadway driver , ABF , Carolina driver !! There is a misconception here when it comes to a union , The union will NOT step in to change the restructure of operations .. so let's get this cleared up . I think Fedex has been fair and to throw Fred Smith under the bus is really childish . Let's continue to strenghen our company and enjoy the ride . It's about taking care of our company and our jobs . Being pissed off does'nt solve anything .