ABF | Time to pull out

"I was replying to Hoffa did nothing to help the downward spiral of Teamsters LTL". Most of which happened between 1980 to 2000. When Hoffa wasn't even president. Teamsters lack of customer service during that period is legendary. "I don't work, I drive" get your **** off my trailer, I need a cup of coffee attitude. The customer voted with their feet.

Please feel free to tell us what changes needed to happen to save teamsters LTL in the period between 1980 and 2000.
Bubba, I would like to say that the trouble with YRC has nothing to do with Teamsters or deregulation. The upcoming selling of UPS Freight has nothing to do with Teamsters or deregulation. The growth of ABF, since Roy Slagel, has nothing to do with Teamsters or deregulation.

There are many reasons companies grow and companies fail. Labor is one reason and management is another. There is also things like customer service, interest rates, debt, equity, leverage, etc. Just something to think about.

I have been in the Teamsters union for over 15 years but I am seriously considering pulling out. Georgia is a right to work state therefore they can not force me to be in it. I am sick and tired of the unions automatically supporting the damn democrat party. Just look what Biden did his first day in office, he killed thousands of union jobs but the unions still back him. I think I will send my withdrawal papers though on Monday, you can call me a scab for leaving and I will call you dumb ass for staying.

These so called "Talking Teamsters" or "Blow Hards" ( your words, not mine) probably did have input into past contracts by submitting contract proposals that changed things for the better. And, some of them probably walked a picket line at one time or multiple times over the course of their employment in order to get a better contract. So, if that is the case, then we do indeed owe them a HUGE THANK YOU for risking their jobs and livelihoods for the benefits and improvements to our contract that we now take for granted a lot of times. So I will be the first to say THANK YOU Seabreeze, Hookman, and anyone else that did their part in the past for what we now have. As I have said before, the company gives us nothing. What we have is from the past actions and negotiations of the Union and it's members.
Thank you brother. I never wanted an " atta boy" just want the younger folks to appreciate the good bennies they are receiving. You for one understands things don't happen overnight.

These so called "Talking Teamsters" or "Blow Hards" ( your words, not mine) probably did have input into past contracts by submitting contract proposals that changed things for the better. And, some of them probably walked a picket line at one time or multiple times over the course of their employment in order to get a better contract. So, if that is the case, then we do indeed owe them a HUGE THANK YOU for risking their jobs and livelihoods for the benefits and improvements to our contract that we now take for granted a lot of times. So I will be the first to say THANK YOU Seabreeze, Hookman, and anyone else that did their part in the past for what we now have. As I have said before, the company gives us nothing. What we have is from the past actions and negotiations of the Union and it's members.
I stopped responding to lying Gump long ago.
He stated his age as around 38 yrs old when he got on TB a few years back.
He posted he has 30 yrs of pay stubs, started early I guess.
He's posted several times if certain things come to pass, he would never post again, they did, he's still lying.
I guess he missed Abe Lincoln's advice.
Keep silent and be thought a fool or speak and remove all doubt.
I must be a blowhard, I've attended COOs with James Riddle Hoffa, Roy Williams, Weldon Mathis, R V Durham, and lying Ed Partin.
I've Had a safety meeting with Ralph Nader.
I'm glad to be a blowhard and not a liar.
I've walked my share of picket lines also.

Last edited:
He stated his age as around 38 yrs old when he got on TB a few years back.
He posted he has 30 yrs of pay stubs, started early I guess.
He's posted several times if certain things come to pass, he would never post again, they did, he's still lying.
I guess he missed Abe Lincoln's advice.
Keep silent and be thought a fool or speak and remove all doubt.
I must be a blowhard, I've attended COOs with James Riddle Hoffa, Roy Williams, Weldon Mathis, R V Durham, and lying Ed Partin.
I've Had a safety meeting with Ralph Nader.
I'm glad to be a blowhard and not a liar.
I've walked my share of picket lines also.
When I first started at ABF in NLR, we had a bid forklift driver that would tell the most outlandish stories you ever heard. You could tell a story and when you were finished, he would reply "that ain't nothin'" and then do his best to top your story. I once asked him how long he had been a Teamster and he responded "42-years". I then asked him how old he was and he responded "I turned 54 two weeks ago". So apparently this man joined the Teamsters at the age of twelve. The funny part is I think he actually believed his own lies that he would tell. Mr. Seabreeze, THANK YOU again for all you have done to make this job better for all of us. Like I said before, I have nothing but respect for people like you and Hookman. And I would still love to hear the stories you have to tell (especially your time with James R. Hoffa).

lying Gump long ago.
THANK YOU again
My how proud you must be. Being there for every moment of the dying of an institution, Teamster LTL. I'd say you were very, very, very bad stewards. What is the current percentage of LTL's that are Teamsters? I'm very impressed how you fought for good benefits and pensions, To bad no employer is paying for them and no Teamster is receiving them.

Sad thing is today's Teamsters have lost some of the benefits we enjoyed.
NMFA for one, line drivers fueling, working the dock, chaining trucks, never heard of such.
I know concessions must be made to be competitive with today's nons, since the majority is no longer union.

n coI posted before, you caunt on one hand the times I touched a piece of freight in my 35 yrs with PIE.
Jr couldn't see ahead enough to keep pace with deregulation when membership fell.
You must have been a prima donna, to good to perform those mundane task that non-union drivers had to perform. That might be the reason P.I.E. went bankrupt. The important thing is you have Steward of the rocks undying admiration.

tell the most outlandish stories
The best thing about deregulation, there hasn't been an LTL driver at a monthly meeting in a decade. In the 80's and 90's monthly meetings were freak shows. A half dozen groups of LTL drivers perpetually trying to screw each other to get control of the local. I'd be willing to bet, you two dressed in a Richard Petty cowboy hat and cockroach killer boots when you showed up at the monthly meeting. A couple of peacocks, LMAO.

Shhh Bubba. Grown-ups are talking now.You can go in the other room and play with the other children if you like. Now get off the floor and wipe away your tears. No more hissy fits our you will have to go to your room with no supper.

I'd say you were very, very, very bad stewards. I'm very impressed how you fought for good benefits and pensions, To bad no employer is paying for them and no Teamster is receiving them.
I guess I had better check with TeamCare fast to make sure ABF is still paying in weekly for my insurance and pension because Bubba Grump say's they have stopped. And since I am obviously a very, very, very bad Steward, I should probably resign like you did.

I hope he doesn't come to our beach, we have enough Mullet.
I always thought Canary was much smarter than me. he's proven it again by putting ole Gump on ignore.
I still read his posts, just don't respond.
Each time he posts, Honest Abe's quote comes to mind.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Wonder if Abe had any quotes about liars?