FedEx Freight | Today’s announcement April 5

I don't know for sure... but I always thought some or most were emptys.... to help balance out the equipment pool.

I'm sure packages do move by rail.
Absolutely they do, and have been for a long time now. UPS has trailer cut times and the RR's they use have scheduled cut times for the trailers being on the pad. Very efficient operation. And most times the RR's give priority to UPS trains over others to guarantee service.

It was a serious question.
Do FedEx road drivers work the dock?
It's a major issue in Yellow's Change Of Operations problem.
Yes. And if you’re junior enough, but senior enough to not be furloughed, it’s all that is available right now.

And, thanks for asking. Let’s all stick together in this. It’s not union vs not. It’s humans being exploited by corporations…

So a three year phase in is now a 9 month rush to complete. Oh my what could go wrong
I’ve been hauling conveyor parts for a couple months to our local ground facility for express. Last week contractor was almost completed! Small facilities are probably almost ready for transition.

It was a serious question.
Do FedEx road drivers work the dock?
It's a major issue in Yellow's Change Of Operations problem.
Night hub runs under 400 miles yes. 400 to 475 dock option. Not required but not pay for waiting. 476+ no dock and delay pay after 31 minutes on yard.