ODFL | Wage And Benefit Meeting

Probably half of our drivers have never driven junk or had more than 12 stops a day. They complain about petty things yet have never worked anywhere else and aren't going anywhere. The grass is OD green here so is the money. Be thankful for it. Not that long ago some of our competition took a pretty big cut just to keep their company in business and are driving junk today.
Flipside of that, is the other companies that DIDN'T cut pay, or benefits. New equipment companywide, all while paying more than OD, and getting OT after 8.

All the while, OD was the fastest growing, and most profitable LtL carrier out there.

Almost no where in America are hourly company employees getting almost a dollar raises each year, Maybe OD should back over time down to 40 and cut your hours at 40 and start giving a .25-.35 cent raises! Most City guys that’s been here longer than a day has had the opportunity to move over to the road board, but you don’t want to give up your work hours. Stop whining!

Almost no where in America are hourly company employees getting almost a dollar raises each year, Maybe OD should back over time down to 40 and cut your hours at 40 and start giving a .25-.35 cent raises! Most City guys that’s been here longer than a day has had the opportunity to move over to the road board, but you don’t want to give up your work hours. Stop whining!
hello vp harp. You and redracer friends?

Nothings changing in regard to compensation. Would affect stock price that is at $160 right now. OD is in business to turn the most profit it can, not in business to drop its stock price to take better care of its people. There is no reason for them to do this. You will have to motivate them.

So you think they should just get rid of the people not always working a full week? I think they've addressed the overtime issue, you just haven't liked the answer..

No I don’t think they should get rid of anyone, not unless business levels absolutely warrant it. In which case they should lay them off, allowing for unemployment rather than terminating said person, making them ineligible to draw unemployment. Which is a pretty :shit:ty thing to do if you ask me. What I’m saying is the company is profiting nicely even in a more difficult than expected freight market. They are paying out The employer’s portion on the benefits while not getting 100% utilization of the work force and they are still operating at 77%. I know they aren’t required by law to pay overtime. But they are financially healthy enough to step up and do it. Which is what they should do.

Without being a total jerk, I see some wasted time on the clock. Not everyone, but some. I will admit that years ago it was different. If I had 15 drops and 6 to 8 pickups, driving at least 140 miles a day, with either 2 or three trailers, that was a easy day. Yes, there was times that I pulled triples on my p&d run. But I have heard people now complain about 5 or 6 drops and a couple of pickups. Times have changed. We have a different breed of driver’s. I’m not saying it’s bad, but it’s just different. If I wanted overtime I would of went elsewhere. We all have the option.
Without being a total jerk, I see some wasted time on the clock. Not everyone, but some. I will admit that years ago it was different. If I had 15 drops and 6 to 8 pickups, driving at least 140 miles a day, with either 2 or three trailers, that was a easy day. Yes, there was times that I pulled triples on my p&d run. But I have heard people now complain about 5 or 6 drops and a couple of pickups. Times have changed. We have a different breed of driver’s. I’m not saying it’s bad, but it’s just different. If I wanted overtime I would of went elsewhere. We all have the option.
I average 13-16 stops a day with an average of 270 miles a day. Some days are in the 350 mile range. Came here from Conway a little over 3yrs ago. Didn't like it at first but glad I stayed. It's been a really good place to work and for where I live you can't hardly beat the pay and benefits. Just my two cents worth.

No I don’t think they should get rid of anyone, not unless business levels absolutely warrant it. In which case they should lay them off, allowing for unemployment rather than terminating said person, making them ineligible to draw unemployment. Which is a pretty :::shit:::ty thing to do if you ask me. What I’m saying is the company is profiting nicely even in a more difficult than expected freight market. They are paying out The employer’s portion on the benefits while not getting 100% utilization of the work force and they are still operating at 77%. I know they aren’t required by law to pay overtime. But they are financially healthy enough to step up and do it. Which is what they should do.
The overtime is a dead horse. We accepted what the policies of OD were when we hired on. People can whine and complain, it isn’t going to change. Besides Song you’re line I believe, why concern yourself over it. You want overtime move to Washington, they get it. State Law I believe. Ask Billy though, he knows it better than me. Like I have said, everyone is looking for drivers. Those that don’t like can go. But they won’t. To many pluses working for this company.

You know everyone that compares us to ABF, FedEx, or whoever, that’s fine. But from what I have seen there’s a lot of unhappiness over there. I make a better than average living here. I’m happy with it, the healthcare is good. Besides, if you want more money do something on the side. I do. Easy work. I also volunteer for a extra run on my weekend at times. Look at your long term goals and work towards them. Just saying.

The overtime is a dead horse. We accepted what the policies of OD were when we hired on. People can whine and complain, it isn’t going to change. Besides Song you’re line I believe, why concern yourself over it. You want overtime move to Washington, they get it. State Law I believe. Ask Billy though, he knows it better than me. Like I have said, everyone is looking for drivers. Those that don’t like can go. But they won’t. To many pluses working for this company.

I concern myself with it because it’s the right thing to do. City vs line, that’s billy’s attitude. We all need to stick up for each other. This company makes more than enough than to pay overtime. And the argument that hours will be managed is a joke. This is a great place to work, but the argument that “we accepted the policies when we hired on” is tired too. With that attitude we would still be drinking tea every afternoon, or working 80 hours a week for pennies.

445 a week into a pension sounds really good. Only problem I see with that is is it gonna be there when you retire.
Some funds are in trouble, some are doing quite nicely. The CSPF is not, nor will it ever be, the bellwether for all Teamster Pension Funds. Mine is 92% funded...Green Zone for the foreseeable future.

Some funds are in trouble, some are doing quite nicely. The CSPF is not, nor will it ever be, the bellwether for all Teamster Pension Funds. Mine is 92% funded...Green Zone for the foreseeable future.

Good for you. But this argument rubs me too. “I got mine” is no way to be a brother. OD is a far better place with a far better future than ABF is, but I still believe firmly they can improve. Overtime would about make it idyllic.