XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

Btw thanks for welcoming me. I’m a visitor but I’m not uneducated. Doesn’t take much to see through the smoke. Have a good night
Pizza, no one is calling you uneducated. Hookman is a good dude. He may be Republican, but that his choice to make if he is. You will find Democrats and Republicans alike on this site. You will also find ones like me that think both parties suck right now. Hookman is well liked on these forums because he is extremely witty and humorous with most of his posts, and we could certainly use some more laughter and less arguing at the moment. What he said about the Military forum is true. Most of them are vets and have served their country with honor. And in doing so, they have certainly earned the right to say what they think. We live in the land of the free and have the right to choose our political affiliation because of people like them that have served their country. You may well be a vet yourself, and if you are I will be the first to say “Thank you for your service to our country”. For the most part, the Military forum is Republican and in some cases, hard core Republican. So if you want to argue politics, then that is the place you want to do it. Most of the other forums have political discussions, but in a much milder tone. For the most part, we want to debate each other in civil manner and post as much funny sh*t as we can. Because everyone can agree that laughter is the best medicine there is. That is why I am coming to Hookman‘s defense. Piano Man is a good dude as well. I know you are not asking for my advice or anyone else’s for that matter. But I can assure you that if you come off as being overly aggressive, Jeff, Smokestack, or one of the moderators will put an end to you being here. Just my two cents. Take it or leave it.

Actually I'm an Independent conservative & I too think most in the political arena are self serving pieces of dung. But I do pray for them and our country. Pizza I just saw you were in the 82nd so I too want to thank you for your service to the USA. SOR thank you for your kind words but I'm not all that & a bag of chips brother. Frito Lay of course.

Actually I'm an Independent conservative & I too think most in the political arena are self serving pieces of dung. But I do pray for them and our country. Pizza I just saw you were in the 82nd so I too want to thank you for your service to the USA. SOR thank you for your kind words but I'm not all that & a bag of chips brother. Frito Lay of course.
Sure you are brother. The main reason I view this site is read the comical stuff everybody posts. And you my friend bring me much laughter. The other reason I show up here is to argue with the self proclaimed “prolific” Razorblade. And, to get more likes from Blade than ABF 381. Right now, 381 is one ahead. I always suspected that 381 was his favorite. LOL!!!

Last edited:
I am going to take one more whack at another not informed person. You hate the teamsters but you promote operating engineers? As I told your sole brother….. ops might get paid more but the company contribution is about 2.00 an hour in comparison to ABF at what use to be like 6 an hour. Don’t quote me on that but I think even you…..I mean even YOU….. can do the math. Wish I spent 30 at ABF
Wait, it this that guy with the multiple accounts? How you doing?

Not many Teamsters I run into on the streets has anything good to say about that organization, yet every Operating Engineer, is all smiles. Even the snowflakes at the SEIU union seem happier. I can't figure it out myself.

If I could do the maths, I wouldn't be driving a truck for a living. Central states pension fund is on life support, so where is that company & member contribution really going?

Not many Teamsters I run into on the streets has anything good to say about that organization, yet every Operating Engineer, is all smiles. Even the snowflakes at the SEIU union seem happier. I can't figure it out myself.

If I could do the maths, I wouldn't be driving a truck for a living. Central states pension fund is on life support, so where is that company & member contribution really going?
Maybe you should read my posts on this thread (#644 and #646). I am an extremely happy Teamster. And the CSPF is not on life support as it and many other multi-employer pension funds were rescued with the Butch Lewis Act. I have excellent representation, premium health care fully paid for, and a great pension fully paid for by my employer per our Teamster contract. As with any contract, there is room for improvement. But I definitely am much better off with Union representation than without it. Is that happy enough for you?

Last edited:
Maybe you should read my posts on this thread (#644 and #646). I am an extremely happy Teamster. And the CSPF is not on life support as it and many other multi-employer pension funds were rescued with the Butch Lewis Act. I have excellent representation, premium health care fully paid for, and a great pension fully paid for by my employer per our Teamster contract. As with any contract, there is room for improvement. But I definitely am much better off with Union representation than without it. Is that happy enough for you?
Chalk one up on the board.

Chalk one up on the board.
Make it two....and I think you are likely aware most people post to complain and not to say they are happy...that being said the operating engineers are a fine union....my grandfather was a member and collected two pensions (smallish pensions I will add) from two different locals he was in building interstate highways in the 60s and 70s....I miss him, he had funny stories about his life and times....

Plenty of good jobs available. Get out while the getting is good. The biggest regret is staying so long. Vote with your feet !!!!

I’m slowly making my way through threads. This was a well thought out post and my feelings exactly in what was lost killing that pipeline. It made the guy’s who wear those red hats feel like they had a kill shot on Biden when he nixed the project. Like many pork projects pipelines and other construction projects bring very short term jobs. Let Canada deal with their own logistics situations instead of saddling us with it. Many of those workers were Canadian. Haters are always going to blame “the other guy”. It’s like empty shelves in grocery stores now. Let’s blame Biden when the exact thing took place while our ex president played gold denying that virus existed. What is that virus called? Don’t remind me.
Well thought out?????????? Please tell me why someone would build a pipeline to the Gulf of Mexico so they can ship oil to China. I asked then that question back then. What some fail to see is Trump blocked Russia from building there pipeline and Biden gave them the OK. We were energy independent then Biden get in and he's begging the Saudi's to increase production with in 10 months.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielc...nt-more-oil-pump-it-yourself/?sh=d8e02e3efde7

Also construction jobs don't go on forever some last 2 weeks others 2years or more. When it's done you move o to the next project.

Pizza, no one is calling you uneducated. Hookman is a good dude. He may be Republican, but that his choice to make if he is. You will find Democrats and Republicans alike on this site. You will also find ones like me that think both parties suck right now. Hookman is well liked on these forums because he is extremely witty and humorous with most of his posts, and we could certainly use some more laughter and less arguing at the moment. What he said about the Military forum is true. Most of them are vets and have served their country with honor. And in doing so, they have certainly earned the right to say what they think. We live in the land of the free and have the right to choose our political affiliation because of people like them that have served their country. You may well be a vet yourself, and if you are I will be the first to say “Thank you for your service to our country”. For the most part, the Military forum is Republican and in some cases, hard core Republican. So if you want to argue politics, then that is the place you want to do it. Most of the other forums have political discussions, but in a much milder tone. For the most part, we want to debate each other in civil manner and post as much funny sh*t as we can. Because everyone can agree that laughter is the best medicine there is. That is why I am coming to Hookman‘s defense. Piano Man is a good dude as well. I know you are not asking for my advice or anyone else’s for that matter. But I can assure you that if you come off as being overly aggressive, Jeff, Smokestack, or one of the moderators will put an end to you being here. Just my two cents. Take it or leave it.
I’m not a bad guy. Once I stated that obvious situation in that one forum I became the bad guy. I’m new. Born free. I’m a free spirit in a corrupted world where our system is broken and unless those of us who think differently speak up we are silenced. I’m pro union. To overtly just hate the union just because????? No. My spirit tells me to give my humble opinion because I understand the good the union has done and will continue to do. It really is a good thing. Can I change my moniker to Free Spirit. Good post. I’m sure piano man is a good guy he just hates the union. And that’s ok. But I am allowed to give an opinion based on my understanding too! yes? See ya

I’m not a bad guy. Once I stated that obvious situation in that one forum I became the bad guy. I’m new. Born free. I’m a free spirit in a corrupted world where our system is broken and unless those of us who think differently speak up we are silenced. I’m pro union. To overtly just hate the union just because????? No. My spirit tells me to give my humble opinion because I understand the good the union has done and will continue to do. It really is a good thing. Can I change my moniker to Free Spirit. Good post. I’m sure piano man is a good guy he just hates the union. And that’s ok. But I am allowed to give an opinion based on my understanding too! yes? See ya

There used to be left leaning people that posted here. Famously, Magoo. He would argue the leftest left ideas he could find. Just to rile these guys up. And he was good at it. If you talked to him with decency. He argued his point of view respectfully. If you came with fire, he’d dump gasoline on the whole thing. It was incredible how well he tailored his responses based on username he was responding to.

There used to be left leaning people that posted here. Famously, Magoo. He would argue the leftest left ideas he could find. Just to rile these guys up. And he was good at it. If you talked to him with decency. He argued his point of view respectfully. If you came with fire, he’d dump gasoline on the whole thing. It was incredible how well he tailored his responses based on username he was responding to.
Yes , there is a particular mindset. And even if you agree with an overall idea , goal , or group , but you are not a blind follower in the echo chamber , the keyboard tough guys come out.

You can call out the different folks that attack ideas that are different , you can provide proven facts to counter inaccurate information , you can use their sources and material to demonstrate how they may be wrong , and you'll be drowned out by the volume posters that live on Trucking Boards.

In the end , it makes things less interesting because it's nothing but a few people saying the same thing ....over and over again.

Is a one sided conversation really a conversation?

If your ideas , viewpoints and facts are strong and correct , shouldn't they be able to stand up to criticism and scrutiny from those you disagree with?

Don’t know him but I will try to find some of his interactions. Certain issues can become hot topics especially political topics. If it were union related topics I would give my heart felt opinion which in regards to unions i consider myself pretty well informed and state the facts. Not just hate based opinion without really knowing nor understanding what unions can and cannot do. I accept people hear the word teamsters and that in turn conjures up some uninformed opinion. I accept that. It’s part of life. Not understanding the unknown. It happens

Yes , there is a particular mindset. And even if you agree with an overall idea , goal , or group , but you are not a blind follower in the echo chamber , the keyboard tough guys come out.

You can call out the different folks that attack ideas that are different , you can provide proven facts to counter inaccurate information , you can use their sources and material to demonstrate how they may be wrong , and you'll be drowned out by the volume posters that live on Trucking Boards.

In the end , it makes things less interesting because it's nothing but a few people saying the same thing ....over and over again.

Is a one sided conversation really a conversation?

If your ideas , viewpoints and facts are strong and correct , shouldn't they be able to stand up to criticism and scrutiny from those you disagree with?
Wow. Great great post. Subduing an informed opinion with multiple attacks. That sounds a little more like what possibly if not probably happened in here. I can feel the heat by just observing a few of the molecules boiling in water. It seems like it can get one sided which isn’t a good thing. Hate filled rhetoric can bring a like minded response. It probably happens more than I realize. I’m on board with you