Yellow | Yellow Change of Operations: “Super Regional” Network Begins (TDU)

What I see is YRC slowly, trying to move freight like FedEx, XPO, and a few others do, so they are basically called road drivers doing dock work, switches, fueling, or whatever job needs done. And yes, I know how many road guys will say, I’m not running a forklift, or fueling, or crack me over the head with a mirror,but that type of competition is forcing YRC to change operations. Ok, you have all been great, but I gotta go.
I feel they will loose lots of drivers.

What I see is YRC slowly, trying to move freight like FedEx, XPO, and a few others do, so they are basically called road drivers doing dock work, switches, fueling, or whatever job needs done. And yes, I know how many road guys will say, I’m not running a forklift, or fueling, or crack me over the head with a mirror,but that type of competition is forcing YRC to change operations. Ok, you have all been great, but I gotta go.
For two years plus, I have been posting on these boards that the only way for YRC to survive is to adopt flexible work rules that eliminate unpaid wait time. Rules that allow and require linehaul drivers to drop, hook and spot their inbound loads at the dock. At the very least, linehaul must be required to switch out empties for loads at customers while enroute. The only way to lower costs is flexible and efficient use of labor and resources. Nobody is suggesting that you work for free. Everything stated above is paid for time.

For two years plus, I have been posting on these boards that the only way for YRC to survive is to adopt flexible work rules that eliminate unpaid wait time. Rules that allow and require linehaul drivers to drop, hook and spot their inbound loads at the dock. At the very least, linehaul must be required to switch out empties for loads at customers while enroute. The only way to lower costs is flexible and efficient use of labor and resources. Nobody is suggesting that you work for free. Everything stated above is paid for time.
I sure am not suggesting anyone do anything for free, but yes I agree, 2 people being paid to do 1 job is a killer. Can’t compete against that.

I am sure glad you cleared all of that up for us Blade. And here I was thinking that the problem was Zollars buying spree with borrowed money at high interest rates was the problem. You do realize that for the most part, all of the YRCW companies were doing fine on their own until that all happened don’t you? But I am sure you have a spin to put on that too.

With 550 miles between terminals dragging three trailers behind you don't work to well. Its also illegal to go off the interstate in many places.

The company has all kinds of flexibility in their labor contract that they signed.
Most of the problem lies with the managers that are to stupid to manage.

There is no more Reddaway white paper. They are part of the NMFA. Denver Reddaway was the last holdout and they have the numbers in their Card check campaign to be recognized. You all are 1 company 1 contract and so the merge commences. You voted for the utility changes along with those sweet pay cuts. Enjoy the new Yellow Freight.
I am currently enjoying the new Yellow Freight very much. $$$$$$

That’s what I remember. Then when Preston closed I went to Yellow for 3 years, then left and went to Holland. Loved Holland. Then Sob Yellow bought Holland.

You should be honored that Yellow bought two companies just to keep you personally as an employee. They really didn't want to lose you. All Fedex does is an annual cookout for us.

Don't Blame Yellow , Union Members voted it in and talk to your co-workers that voted YES and to the ones that NEVER even voted , we are our own worse enemy voting to give everything away ! Thinking work force will keep shrinking by 15% per month and then they will go non-union and raise the pay scale and get new mirrors for all the trucks too !

Don't Blame Yellow , Union Members voted it in and talk to your co-workers that voted YES and to the ones that NEVER even voted , we are our own worse enemy voting to give everything away ! Thinking work force will keep shrinking by 15% per month and then they will go non-union and raise the pay scale and get new mirrors for all the trucks too !
Rumors are you must furnish your own mirrors.

I agree! I talked to them , and them and the UNION said, just vote yes and be happy you will still have a job . The “LIVE BETTER WORK UNION” slogan went out the door while be employed by YELLOW.

With 550 miles between terminals dragging three trailers behind you don't work to well. Its also illegal to go off the interstate in many places.

The company has all kinds of flexibility in their labor contract that they signed.
Most of the problem lies with the managers that are to stupid to manage.
And that want us to do it all to make it easier for their job.
They get all this BS with constant MOU's and COO'S.
This is supposed to be a 2 sides deal but it's only ever a one sided deal with every excuse under the sun given for them to do as they please with nothing given in exchange.
If WE want...there's always those saying...If we do this then they'll want THAT.

But it never is an equal exchange.
It's pretty old by now
I want 8 hour limits UNLESS the Teamster wants more.
Not required.We all want it sometimes but it should be a daily choice and never forced EVER.
And I don't want to hear about competition. Shove it.
What do the top dogs do to compete but steal from us and break down conditions
Not a goddamned thing!

The COO and MOU stuff must stop.
Constant beggars for flexibility.
We want it too...will we ever get it? No way.
We all want stability.
Not just the top and the customers.
A day will come when the freight stops if this continues. And NOBODY on our side is gonna give a ::shit::.
The ultimate will be when they rip off OT with 10 hour bids and a single UTILITY extra board with no bid times. Just on call.
The ultimate scab company.
They don't have enough young energetic guys who will do what they want it to do.
So...it's pisspoor management who should really be fired instead of implementing retarded ::shit:: that isn't gonna do anything but **** guys off.

They have a mental sickness at top of all of this.

Last edited:
Lowest paid? Add my hourly wages together with hourly pension and health insurance contributions made by company. Haters gonna hate
Assuming your in the central states , you get 25% of pension contributions thanks to tax payers, western pension gets ZERO. Healthcare is $1500 a month with an $25 an hour. Not much to hate about . Non union ltl make more then us.