Yellow | Yellow Change of Operations: “Super Regional” Network Begins (TDU)

Assuming your in the central states , you get 25% of pension contributions thanks to tax payers, western pension gets ZERO. Healthcare is $1500 a month with an $25 an hour. Not much to hate about . Non union ltl make more then us.
I don’t understand why people keep posting “non union ltl make more than us”. If all you want is higher wages then you are in the wrong profession. Making a few bucks more per hour working at a non union ltl with no overtime pay increase and zero job security is for suckers. Whatever your pension contributions or healthcare costs are depend on your supplement. Some of us have it pretty good despite concessions. Would I like my full wage and pension back? Absolutely but it’s time to grow up and get real. Amazon is driving our current labor market just like Walmart did 25 years ago

I don’t understand why people keep posting “non union ltl make more than us”. If all you want is higher wages then you are in the wrong profession. Making a few bucks more per hour working at a non union ltl with no overtime pay increase and zero job security is for suckers. Whatever your pension contributions or healthcare costs are depend on your supplement. Some of us have it pretty good despite concessions. Would I like my full wage and pension back? Absolutely but it’s time to grow up and get real. Amazon is driving our current labor market just like Walmart did 25 years ago
When is it our turn?
Ever?

When is it our turn?
Ever?
We need to organize every Amazon facility. Their drivers are all subcontractors and owner operators for a good reason. Two tier wages at UPS need to be removed from all contracts or it will be attempted in freight soon. Also the Guaranteeing Overtime for Truckers Act ( H.R.7517 ) needs to become law. A very wise man once said “ a rising tide lifts all boats”. We need to make the trucking industry as a whole run on a living wage before we can demand full union wages again. This industry is regulated by hours of service so truckers need to be paid hourly with overtime. Comments?

Last edited:
We need to organize every Amazon facility. Their drivers are all subcontractors and owner operators for a good reason. Two tier wages at UPS need to be removed from all contracts or it will be attempted in freight soon. Also the Guaranteeing Overtime for Truckers Act ( H.R.7517 ) needs to become law. A very wise man once said “ a rising tide lifts all boats”. We need to make the trucking industry as a whole run on a living wage before we can demand full union wages again. This industry is regulated by hours of service so truckers need to be paid hourly with overtime. Comments?
Yellow freight has 2 tier pay .

He has predicted this a few times and Yellow is still here....I hope he is better at picking his investments than a closing date for Yellow...that being said I am pleasantly surprised at this cat wth 9 lives...
I've only posted on here for less than 2 years. 2024 is the date. Turns and meets, a super region that utilizes "mini break" to improve service and reduce handling, that's a do or die plan. The COO involved cost a fortune. It only works if linehaul is reduced to less than 400 mile runs. It's a plan that creates empty and partial miles. Outbound wants late cuts and inbound wants early arrivals. The window is only about 7 hours. Linehaul expense increases exponentially.

Well technically Yellow freight hasn’t been TEAMSTERS for over a decade. . Teamsters have PENSIONS and higher wages. Hahaha

For starters, I believe that when we give our responsibilities and benefits to the government, it is the same as giving it up to the company. Ya won't get it back.

Here's what happens when you give extra rights to the nonunions:
You say: The Teamsters can get you a living wage and whatever is in that OT bill.

They say: We don't need a union. We have laws.

And they won't care if we got them laws and they won't join.

We get no benefit.

It's almost a communist tactic.
Instead of us getting things for our members....we give it to the nonunions thru government until one day....the government totally replaced us as the representative. Very dangerous imo.

I think we would get more members by getting rid of minimum wage totally

Employer starves them....then they come to us and we get more numbers and get more leverage.

For two years plus, I have been posting on these boards that the only way for YRC to survive is to adopt flexible work rules that eliminate unpaid wait time. Rules that allow and require linehaul drivers to drop, hook and spot their inbound loads at the dock. At the very least, linehaul must be required to switch out empties for loads at customers while enroute. The only way to lower costs is flexible and efficient use of labor and resources. Nobody is suggesting that you work for free. Everything stated above is paid for time.
Do all of that at 62 mph, ok!!!!!!

For two years plus, I have been posting on these boards that the only way for YRC to survive is to adopt flexible work rules that eliminate unpaid wait time. Rules that allow and require linehaul drivers to drop, hook and spot their inbound loads at the dock. At the very least, linehaul must be required to switch out empties for loads at customers while enroute. The only way to lower costs is flexible and efficient use of labor and resources. Nobody is suggesting that you work for free. Everything stated above is paid for time.
And how much extra stuff does everybody else who aren't Teamsters do them? How much extra time and work for them at the top?
If it's freeing up any time maybe they can wash windows and sweep out the trucks. I know some expect that drivers live every hour for the company and stupid industry...but there really is no extra time available.
What's the reasoning behind paper bills and paper trip sheets AND a handheld? Why can't it all be in the handheld and the handheld signed electronically?

Contract votes have consequences.... what did you think would happen when you keep voting to pass the first offer? Did you think the non-Union workers were going to hold back because you did? Maybe in 2024 you all will grow a pair now that we have a new President and administration at the IBT.

Lol 1 yellow is a joke! Lol usf is already a super regional! Still bleeding money! There going to be 1/3 the company! With all the debt! No one that ships usf or new penn is going to ship yellow!! Bankruptcy coming soon!

Contract votes have consequences.... what did you think would happen when you keep voting to pass the first offer? Did you think the non-Union workers were going to hold back because you did? Maybe in 2024 you all will grow a pair now that we have a new President and administration at the IBT.
Agree STOP voting to give away what our members fought and died for back in 1934 and many other strikes too ! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis_general_strike_of_1934