ABF | 15%

Good Luck to you guys, I know it will not be an easy vote when the time comes. I just want to say that you have many brothers and sisters out there that are hoping things go well, for you sake and theirs. I hope that anyone who has any questions doesn't hesitate to visit the YRC or Holland sites and ask questions. Experience is one thing that those guys have, the companies might be in very different financial places, but the way the union handles them would probably be very similar.

Let me state up front I work for UPSF. I have been in LTL for 30 years just about all of it union.

I see it all as the race to the bottom. ABF gives up things to even the playing field, the nons take things to gain the competitive edge. Then ABF needs more cuts. I'm not saying what you should do. Just how I see it. Lord knows we are standing knee deep in the cesspool of contractor hell at UPSF.

Why didn't you say it was a federal crime??? That makes all the difference in the world!

You never add anything of substance when you jump on this forum. You only wanna act like the child that you and run.

So you believe ABF is lying? Going down the road of Enron?

Ya, be man and stand strong! While in the unemployed line.

See, its fools like you that prove my point. You'd rather put 7500 Teamsters out of work then take a pay cut. Talk about selfish and stupid.

I kind of remember Preston 151 Line taking it up the A** like you want to Stoney. Where did that get them. Wouldn't you rather go down fighting, or would you rather just go DOWN ??

I kind of remember Preston 151 Line taking it up the A** like you want to Stoney. Where did that get them. Wouldn't you rather go down fighting, or would you rather just go DOWN ??

Different times, different circumstances.

I don't wanna go down at all. I wanna do what we need to do to get this company profitable again, and to save as mant Teamster jobs as possible.

sometimes you have to take a stand. where you take that stand varies from one guy to the next. When we vote, we vote for whats best for us as individuals. My decision is based on whats best for me, not the other guys. If my decision to vote no to 15% puts ME out of work I can live with that..What I cant live with is execs getting huge salaries for poor mngmnt. and taking it out of my pay. I value my time, I do a good job and I expect to be compensated fairly. To me it is about more than dollars. It is about pride and not devaluating myself.

you are right Dave. Most of us will vote for what is best for ourselves and that is understandable. We can only hope that more people see it our way than the other.

Stoney, different times same underlying cimcumstances.

You never add anything of substance when you jump on this forum. You only wanna act like the child that you and run.

So you believe ABF is lying? Going down the road of Enron?

Now thats funny you are the biggest child on here, no one can say anything without you chiming in and Criticizing, You only care about yourself so don't tell me that you only want to save everybody's job, you just care about yourself. It is everybody's right to vote what they think is right for them. You go ahead and vote yes for anything they put out and everybody else will vote what they feel is the best for them.

I don't understand what the stonehead is all worked up about, it's a win/win for him either way. See he's already pre-approved by Wal-Mart, the place he really wants to work but doesn't have the gall to make the jump. If we demand reasonable wages, benefits and conditions and the company downsizes (which they will do either way, you can bank on it) he wins. He either survives the cuts and wins what WE got for him or he gets cut and gets his dream job, the one he doesn't have the guts to just go for. He's the luckiest one out of all of us here and he's all sour about it, go figure. :shrug:

LOL spot on abf'er. I don't fault a man for doing what he feels is best for him. I just try to educate that man. In a race to the bottom nobody wins. Well...........maybe company wins. OK so no member of labor wins. I love the thinking of some of these guys. they believe that this is just good ol capitalism. It is not. It is unsustainable to keep taking from labor.

I don't understand what the stonehead is all worked up about, it's a win/win for him either way. See he's already pre-approved by Wal-Mart, the place he really wants to work but doesn't have the gall to make the jump.

Walmart did away with their front door greeters..

I'll tell you the main problem that's plaguing all of us..............too many companies not enough freight. When anything in business is oversaturated with competition the price goes down (good for the consumer/bad for the companies) the only way this race to the bottom will stop is the economy starts rockin or some more companies go out of business reducing the number of trucks available to haul the freight. Like someone once said........it's the economy stupid.

Now thats funny you are the biggest child on here, no one can say anything without you chiming in and Criticizing, You only care about yourself so don't tell me that you only want to save everybody's job, you just care about yourself. It is everybody's right to vote what they think is right for them. You go ahead and vote yes for anything they put out and everybody else will vote what they feel is the best for them.

Still waiting for you to admit your mistake, or was it a lie and you don't want to except I caught it?

I only chime in and criticize when I see something I disagree with. Which often with many of you brainwashed fools. I can't help it that many of my so called union brothers lack critical thinking skills and can only regurgitate the same ol Union bumper sticker slogans and rhetoric.

This is the Second time some one has called be selfish, but not explained how. Please care to explain?
The way I see it, I'm in the minority of thinking of everyone else. I'd rather see 7500 Teamster's working for 85% and receiving benefits than thousands laid off collecting unemployment or working for 30cpm.
You think I want a paycut? No one wants a paycut. But again I seem to be in the minority of understanding the reality of ABF'S sitituation.
How is a guy(12pack) saying he'd rather see 7500 unemploymed out of work (taking a 100% cut)over any kind of concession not selfish, but me being ok with a possible 15% and no one getting laidoff selfish?
Care to be specific on thar claim?

I don't understand what the stonehead is all worked up about, it's a win/win for him either way. See he's already pre-approved by Wal-Mart, the place he really wants to work but doesn't have the gall to make the jump. If we demand reasonable wages, benefits and conditions and the company downsizes (which they will do either way, you can bank on it) he wins. He either survives the cuts and wins what WE got for him or he gets cut and gets his dream job, the one he doesn't have the guts to just go for. He's the luckiest one out of all of us here and he's all sour about it, go figure. :shrug:

Pre approved? I never said that. Why do you have to lie? And if I wanted to be at Wal-Mart over ABF I wouldn't have turned down My second interview with them.

You guys are making this mano a mano issue. This has nothing to with guts. Its really simple, ABF can not compete with their current cost structures in the contract. If they can't compete, we all lose in the long run.

LOL spot on abf'er. I don't fault a man for doing what he feels is best for him. I just try to educate that man. In a race to the bottom nobody wins. Well...........maybe company wins. OK so no member of labor wins. I love the thinking of some of these guys. they believe that this is just good ol capitalism. It is not. It is unsustainable to keep taking from labor.

Its not capitalism? Then what is it?
It is unsustainable to not give at some point.

I get it ABF has to be competitive and ABF needs some changes. I'm just saying it can be done without us loosing 15%. I am open to work rule changes .

My opinion but I wish we could get out of the pension. I'm young enough it will be broke before I retire.

I'm just not gonna vote yes to be the slowest least paid driver on the road.

Y'all do what you want. But if they cut my pay that much and don't turn the trucks up ill be looking for a different job.

I'll tell you the main problem that's plaguing all of us..............too many companies not enough freight. When anything in business is oversaturated with competition the price goes down (good for the consumer/bad for the companies) the only way this race to the bottom will stop is the economy starts rockin or some more companies go out of business reducing the number of trucks available to haul the freight. Like someone once said........it's the economy stupid.
In case u haven't noticed , the border is open. Trucks are endless. Gravy train is over