XPO | 3 more sc's sign up

I only knew of a couple terminated outwardly pro union guys and they pretty much would have got it anyways.
BUT I do know of others that were terminated for the same thing that company darlings survived. If you are not corporate minion, you will not survive the appeals process. Much weight is given to attitude, attendance, and to your managers recommendation - but not officially. All terminations are NOT created equal.

Good quip....but your starting to reach.
Nope, not a reach.
You are an expert on everything and people need to know that - so they will listen to you.
I want that so peeps need to know you are uber qualified to speak about Conway's finances, exactly how they will fare against the union, The national labor market, Our grievance issues, termination processes at Conway, and my ego - alter ego - or was it my id? You are a genius so please regale us with your intellectual masturbations and prognostications.
I got your back. Just want to help.

Or did they pass on you ?? Not so easy to get into that company.

But what happens after your probation? No cost health care, pension plan, respect, job security.. Yeah your right that's pretty awful!!

I have to take issue with this post. My dispatcher and SCM show me respect right now, without a union. Why? Because everyday I'm on the street, I kick azz on my city peddle, that's why. I don't need a union to get respect, in fact, quite the opposite. Management doesn't respect union drivers, they tolerate them and they tolerate the shared minimum standards that many union drivers conspire to work to, wouldn't want one driver to look better than another, it's all about conformity and to hell with potential. Keep your union, I don't want it in my work place.

I have to take issue with this post. My dispatcher and SCM show me respect right now, without a union. Why? Because everyday I'm on the street, I kick azz on my city peddle, that's why. I don't need a union to get respect, in fact, quite the opposite. Management doesn't respect union drivers, they tolerate them and they tolerate the shared minimum standards that many union drivers conspire to work to, wouldn't want one driver to look better than another, it's all about conformity and to hell with potential. Keep your union, I don't want it in my work place.
You do realize that if every terminal was like yours they wouldent be in this position....

I have to take issue with this post.
We have our share of dirtbags, no loads, and toxic personalities that work here despite it's nonunion. So, how can one blame the union for those people employed at Conway?
You may feel respected at Conway, but I do not. In fact, I feel violated after having been promised a compensation package and later having it pulled out from underneath me as though I don't matter. THAT is not respectful.

A good screwing is good when it feels good.
A good screwing is bad when it feels bad.

Answer this; do you screw people you respect and make them feel bad?

I only knew of a couple terminated outwardly pro union guys and they pretty much would have got it anyways.
BUT I do know of others that were terminated for the same thing that company darlings survived. If you are not corporate minion, you will not survive the appeals process. Much weight is given to attitude, attendance, and to your managers recommendation - but not officially. All terminations are NOT created equal.

This is true...all terminations are not equal nor are the ETRB's. To sit there and listen to the boards and how they talked about people, you would be embarrassed this is your leadership. As they bashed the rank and file, many of them were unethical in that some were having affairs, some were sleeping with women at work, some had DUI's, many of their wives had DUI's in company cars, I know a few DO's with severe drinking problems.

Often enough, during an ETRB, depending on the employee and circumstance, the boards mind was already made up. It was just a matter of formality. However, there were times that because a particular board member was pissed at HR, they would overturn the termination regardless of evidence. Unfortunately, the whole appeals process does have its flaws.

And sometimes, when they really wanted a termination to stick, it was HR attempting to sway the board before the appeals process even began. Sometimes it worked, and the employee didn't stand a chance. Then there were times when either HR, management or both got a wild hair up their butt and it just didn't matter how hard you worked, how much effort you put in, didn't matter if you changed your attitude, didn't matter if you apologized, came clean, turned over a new leaf...you are out, just a matter of time. I have seen them attempt to ruin careers.

There are many good folks in the leadership but there are just as many unethical, unapproachable gasbags who should not be there.
Sorry for rant, Bankrupt...your post brought back memories...and for the record, you are correct.

Well hammer u can kick ass every day and they can fire after one of those days. Do u realize that,or r u one of those who it will never happen to? Lol they don't need an excuse

3 more service centers added to NLRB petition in california? Anybody know what 3? It's been posted on conway change to win website

Throw out your VVP check this year...all the profits are going to flight schedules and service center visits to campaign against...you are garunteed to see your leadership.

This post says it all....In fact it is the primary reason the union will never get in.....We hear from all the cry babies on here that are pro-union.....But you rarely hear from these guys...Because most of them are too busy rowing the boat.....They don't have time to rock it.....There will always be two sides. ALWAYS.... Most people ask for happiness on condition. Happiness can be felt only if you don't set conditions....In the final analysis.....It all comes down to attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hammer u can kick ass every day and they can fire after one of those days. Do u realize that,or r u one of those who it will never happen to? Lol they don't need an excuse
If you do your job its not going to happen....If the company wants you gone even with a union....Your Done....They will make your life a living hell until you quit.....They won't even have to fire you....Some of you guys are so naïve.

This post says it all....In fact it is the primary reason the union will never get in.....We hear from all the cry babies on here that are pro-union.....But you rarely hear from these guys...Because most of them are too busy rowing the boat.....They don't have time to rock it.....There will always be two sides. ALWAYS.... Most people ask for happiness on condition. Happiness can be felt only if you don't set conditions....In the final analysis.....It all comes down to attitude.

Please name the Pro union crybabies, and I'll have a talk with them.
And then we will name the antiunion cry babies and you have a talk with them.
Fair deal? But we have to get this deal in writing because I don't trust corporate types even a little bit. Your handshake ain't worth squat in my neck of the woods.

If you do your job its not going to happen....If the company wants you gone even with a union....Your Done....They will make your life a living hell until you quit.....They won't even have to fire you....Some of you guys are so naïve.
Naïve? I guess you have never seen anybody fired at Conway who was just doing their job? You know everything else about Conway. There is a world outside of that dark and smelly place where you have your head.

J/k

BR.... If I was your boss you wouldn't last two weeks....You would probably quit in one week.

I have to take issue with this post.
We have our share of dirtbags, no loads, and toxic personalities that work here despite it's nonunion. So, how can one blame the union for those people employed at Conway?
You may feel respected at Conway, but I do not. In fact, I feel violated after having been promised a compensation package and later having it pulled out from underneath me as though I don't matter. THAT is not respectful.

A good screwing is good when it feels good.
A good screwing is bad when it feels bad.

Answer this; do you screw people you respect and make them feel bad?

If it's so bad. Then why do you stay?

You'd have to be a coward to be treated so harshly and do nothing.

Oh wait. You wanna go run and hide behind some Union thug.

They still won't respect you. And the more you talk the more I realize why they don't.

This is you:

It's terrible here. I can't believe the way they treat us. Blah blah blah. But I dont wanna work anywhere else because those jobs are worse!

How bad do you have it. Really?

And if I was HR you would be on your way out too.

Harassment and threatening of an employee which goes against both the policies of our HR dept and the laws of E.E.O.C.. this kind of conduct and unprofessional behavior goes completely against our core values and will not be tolerated in a professional organization as such as ours. As a member of the leadership team of Conway freight you should be holding yourself to a higher standard

. If it's so bad. Then why do you stay? You'd have to be a coward to be treated so harshly and do nothing. Oh wait. You wanna go run and hide behind some Union thug. They still won't respect you. And the more you talk the more I realize why they don't. This is you: It's terrible here. I can't believe the way they treat us. Blah blah blah. But I dont wanna work anywhere else because those jobs are worse! How bad do you have it. Really?
"If you don't like it, there's the door"
Will you please come up with something new.