XPO | 3 more sc's sign up

That's not on the dispatcher...That's on you.....If its unsafe our dispatchers say don't do it....If your stupid enough to do it anyway....that's not his fault....Look my point is this....Try not to call a man stupid until you walk a mile in his shoes.....Dispatchers have mouths to feed too....And surely no matter which side of the fence your on (union) you want your terminal to make money (stops per hour..ie) and the dispatcher plays a big part in that.....I would like to think you would work with him....Not against him....After all you both work for the same company...... REGARDLESS of any differences.

I both drove and dispatched...both are challenging. Dispatchers are multi-tasking 50+ driver's and drivers are hustling to take care of their customers because of the relationships we have built over time.
Dispatchers (FOS) catch hell from everyone...drivers, TM's, customers, CSR's, AE's...
Driver's catch hell from everyone...FOS', TM's, customers, CSR's, AE's...

At the end of the day, we are ALL earning a check to care for our families...
Ya'll be blessed and safe out there...remember, I just may be driving next to you.

I both drove and dispatched...both are challenging. Dispatchers are multi-tasking 50+ driver's and drivers are hustling to take care of their customers because of the relationships we have built over time.
Dispatchers (FOS) catch hell from everyone...drivers, TM's, customers, CSR's, AE's...

Ya'll be blessed and safe out there...remember, I just may be driving next to you.
Finally...someone that gets it.

If Con-Way had more people in management like you, a great majority of their problems would go away.

Its the "us" and "them" mentality that feeds the union..... YRC is lucky to have survived considering all that's happened... The Teamsters have UPS ...YRC... ABF in the LTL market... They can't and wont get the other big boys .... They just need to be grateful for what they have and walk away... And spend their resources on their current members.

Its the "us" and "them" mentality that feeds the union..... YRC is lucky to have survived considering all that's happened... The Teamsters have UPS ...YRC... ABF in the LTL market... They can't and wont get the other big boys .... They just need to be grateful for what they have and walk away... And spend their resources on their current members.
Golly. I wonder what precipitated that us and them mentality. I wonder if management feels that us and them mentality too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you say you don't care either way, but I have a real hard time believing you like the union....

I know you say you don't care either way, but I have a real hard time believing you like the union....
I understand why you would think that... But truly I really don't care... Maybe it's because I'm so close to retirement... Honestly I really don't know... I have no need to hide behind an alter-ego... I just call it like I see it... I'm I biased... Perhaps a little.... But it doesn't cloud my judgment ... The facts are that the union will never get the leverage they need to get in... The companies have the upper hand in 2014.... Analysts and experts on this subject know the outcome already... In truth... I think a union would be good for Conway.... It just won't happen in today's America..... Right or wrong.

I understand why you would think that... But truly I really don't care... Maybe it's because I'm so close to retirement... Honestly I really don't know... I have no need to hide behind an alter-ego... I just call it like I see it... I'm I biased... Perhaps a little.... But it doesn't cloud my judgment ... The facts are that the union will never get the leverage they need to get in... The companies have the upper hand in 2014.... Analysts and experts on this subject know the outcome already... In truth... I think a union would be good for Conway.... It just won't happen in today's America..... Right or wrong.
Which analysts and experts do you quote?

It's obvious you harbor deep, unresolved resentments against the union. Your agenda never ceases to demonstrate your constant defeatist approach knowing that will sway some people to not to sign cards or to vote no.
It's obvious.
Why? Really, why is THIS payback time?
Did your Steward force you to perform a gratuitous act for him? Maybe you don't remember what it was that made you so bitter, but the emotional trauma manifests in your unrelenting quest to sabotage the union organization at a competitor.
Something is buried deep in your cavities that festers your driving hatred towards the union at Conway. Reach in there and yank it out!
You can do it.
Cleanse yourself and experience freedom from compaction.
Take a spiritual high-colonic and rid yourself of this heavy burden.

So much for having an opinion... I guess if you don't like unions, there's something wrong with you. That right there is where the union side looses. And they drive the divide deeper and deeper each time they say it.

Which analysts and experts do you quote?

It's obvious you harbor deep, unresolved resentments against the union. Your agenda never ceases to demonstrate your constant defeatist approach knowing that will sway some people to not to sign cards or to vote no.
It's obvious.
Why? Really, why is THIS payback time?
Did your Steward force you to perform a gratuitous act for him? Maybe you don't remember what it was that made you so bitter, but the emotional trauma manifests in your unrelenting quest to sabotage the union organization at a competitor.
Something is buried deep in your cavities that festers your driving hatred towards the union at Conway. Reach in there and yank it out!
You can do it.
Cleanse yourself and experience freedom from compaction.
Take a spiritual high-colonic and rid yourself of this heavy burden.
Wall Street knows the stock would tumble with the union...It's good to know all I need is to take a good ****. I will rush right down to Walgreens for a box of Ex-lax ... I shall consume the whole box and have a bowel movement that shall rid me of my contempt of this evil Union .... The union will be flushed... And I shall be free .... Thanks BR

So much for having an opinion... I guess if you don't like unions, there's something wrong with you. That right there is where the union side looses. And they drive the divide deeper and deeper each time they say it.

well it just seems that he always hides behind "not caring either way", with little digs at the union, or pro union guys. plenty of folks on this site TRULY dont care, and then dont post. if he did what he said, he wouldnt be on here, as ex mgmt, trying to create doubt and downplay the union, and union guys arguements.

its just the chip on his shoulder for being an EX dispatcher at a company thats now better off for being Teamsters.

Wall Street knows the stock would tumble with the union...It's good to know all I need is to take a good ****. I will rush right down to Walgreens for a box of Ex-lax ... I shall consume the whole box and have a bowel movement that shall rid me of my contempt of this evil Union .... The union will be flushed... And I shall be free .... Thanks BR

what you should really do is stop telling people your slanted opinions are facts. you havent spoken to any shareholders. and before you try and scare anyone else with another spooky story, maybe you should elaborate on why you arent dispatch anymore.

what you should really do is stop telling people your slanted opinions are facts. you havent spoken to any shareholders. and before you try and scare anyone else with another spooky story, maybe you should elaborate on why you arent dispatch anymore.
His opinions are facts. Dont you know who he is? He has been there done that. LTL are his initials. He has forgotten more about this industry than you could ever dream. Oh wait, hes a failed/fired dispatcher who got back into the truck at Vitran and then bailed out of there.