Yellow | 681/653 Thread

on road driver update update thurs & again fri too many wrong loads being pulled by road drivers & also problams in hooking & also begging for drivers. will give # if u want. tks

wish i could . will be back monday ty
just pulled muscle, stupid dock plates wish they would fix them

on road driver update update thurs & again fri too many wrong loads being pulled by road drivers & also problams in hooking & also begging for drivers. will give # if u want. tks

had 7 retire, clearing board almost every call block, using about 20 casuals and they laid 4 off this past sunday

Hmmmmmmmm......I got a call back to work....seems they are bringing 14 back starting June 7th ! Whats going on G-man, Longblade ?
I think it's the combination of an increase in work and yes, it's vacation season....they have consistently been working laid off men in massive numbers 5 days a week, so it's about time....that's great news for a change.....slew of grievances being filed for new work rules violations, runarounds, o/t, breaks and lunches, working conditions, harrassments, ect....so the pressure is on, on both sides......and management has still not been cut yet...this could also be in anticipation for the upcoming coo in late June, early July, where it is still a possible reality that 681 will be closing and the city operation will merging with the BB at 653.....g

July 17 seems to be the date that is flying around as the last for 681 then the whole Charlotte operation moves over to 653.

July 17 seems to be the date that is flying around as the last for 681 then the whole Charlotte operation moves over to 653.

when charlotte operates at full capacity its all they can do to handle charlotte freight, the dock gets so full you can't turn around, they already moved kernersville freight to charlotte and now 681 is coming too. if things ever get back to normal charlotte can't handle all that freight.

when charlotte operates at full capacity its all they can do to handle charlotte freight, the dock gets so full you can't turn around, they already moved kernersville freight to charlotte and now 681 is coming too. if things ever get back to normal charlotte can't handle all that freight.
You make a good point. I have thought about this too...
This recession will not last forever and there are many other locations facing the same problem.

The customer comes first they do not like this two terminal system .It does not work and it never will . 653 can handle twice the frieght they are getting now .Ask some of the old timers how many bills we were doing in the late 90's or just a few years ago.

There is more than enough room to bring that whole operation over.....remember, we're going to lose a BUNCH of doors when the multi-regional coo takes effect,since all those cities that we load 2 terminals to, will now be only one, we're losing alot of Fla points, and 3 doors for Chi. Hts. alone.....we'll finally be running at the capacity that we're supposed to be......g

good news at last!!!! talking to source appx 11am & that source just came out of conf call with area VP. he was very optimistic. "we will make it". also was told 21 road drivers to be called back. maybe there is light at end of tunnel. tks

There is more than enough room to bring that whole operation over.....remember, we're going to lose a BUNCH of doors when the multi-regional coo takes effect,since all those cities that we load 2 terminals to, will now be only one, we're losing alot of Fla points, and 3 doors for Chi. Hts. alone.....we'll finally be running at the capacity that we're supposed to be......g

GMAN, I work the dock in Valdosta........What FLA points are you guys loosing? Our inbound has been dead since the last COO. Maybe they will route more FLA back into Valdosta......

GMAN, I work the dock in Valdosta........What FLA points are you guys loosing? Our inbound has been dead since the last COO. Maybe they will route more FLA back into Valdosta......
Don't want to speculate until the results are released from the coo committee hearings, which wrapped up last week....original paperwork showed orlando, west palm beach, maybe tampa.....valdosta doesn't look to be gaining anything from this coo either...

Those are the cities with two terminals (Orlando 716 & 423, West Palm 725 & 757) Plus, I think they're closing one of the Miami terminals (721)

good news at last!!!! talking to source appx 11am & that source just came out of conf call with area VP. he was very optimistic. "we will make it". also was told 21 road drivers to be called back. maybe there is light at end of tunnel. tks

Is that at 653 they are calling back 21 drivers. I hope not I am really enjoying the weather and the fishing. I have about 5 or 6 more months of unemployment i want to use up first. May be I can tell them to skip me on the call back, and let someone else take my place. If i get hurt on the job, when we are at 90% and we lose another 5-10% is my workers comp still at the 90% level? Just some things to think about. After all I give what I get. The circle of life.

Is that at 653 they are calling back 21 drivers. I hope not I am really enjoying the weather and the fishing. I have about 5 or 6 more months of unemployment i want to use up first. May be I can tell them to skip me on the call back, and let someone else take my place. If i get hurt on the job, when we are at 90% and we lose another 5-10% is my workers comp still at the 90% level? Just some things to think about. After all I give what I get. The circle of life.
everytime I read you post, you sound more and more like your best buddy stroud 120.....it must be the HATE coming out......good luck and get back to work, you must suffer like the rest of us...g

everytime I read you post, you sound more and more like your best buddy stroud 120.....it must be the HATE coming out......good luck and get back to work, you must suffer like the rest of us...g

My fine brother you just can't hide the hate. I love to share the hate. I hope all is well with you and all my brothers from the "camp". Its been pretty hot out, hope they have the air conditioning running on the slab. Don't think I am coming back. I am gonna suck the rest of my vacation and sick days out of these pukes, then work in charlotte. Found a good job.

My fine brother you just can't hide the hate. I love to share the hate. I hope all is well with you and all my brothers from the "camp". Its been pretty hot out, hope they have the air conditioning running on the slab. Don't think I am coming back. I am gonna suck the rest of my vacation and sick days out of these pukes, then work in charlotte. Found a good job.
good luck, and good for you.....I, like you, am using the last of my vacation next week for a trip to the beach.....I don't want these *%@#&* getting a dime of MY money.....it's like use it or lose it....know what I mean?