TForce | APWA challenged to debate by Florida IBT local

They can't tell you, just like they can't say what kind of wages and work rules they have in mind.

Their big on the pension because the pension short fall in 2004 is the reason for the APWA in the first place. If parcel still had the 30 and out available for the Founder, we would not be having any debates, or organizations claiming to be Unions filing claims with the Government against our company.
Yes you would..

Maybe this is just speculation on my part?
But didn't this APWA get its start because the founders had a vindita against the Teamsters union?

Now unfortunatly the Teamsters organizing efforts are taking so long to materialize.
That this no-name organization is looking to start dividing,and conquering the ranks of UPS Freight.
If they are sucessful in getting some of our terminals to sign on with them,maybe they won't get all of UPS Freight to join them.
But it will be defeat for the Teamsters to be our total companys bargaining agent.

In other words my question is are these efforts of the APWA to totaly organize UPS Freight?
Or are they just trying to overthrow the efforts of the Teamsters to organize our intire company?

In my opinion it looks more like a war in the minds of the APWA,seeking revenge,then an effort to help all of us workers at UPS Freight to become unionized?
Well sir there are followers and than there are leaders. I choose to be a leader..:1036316054:

Boston rules for debating
* Referee
* Each part afforded an attorney, and a doctor is to be in attendance.
* Local gin mill will cover the huh...."debate".
* No weak stomached individuals allowed but a closed circuit camera will capture the action.
* Pay preview only!!! :hysterical:
OK I like that, Well lets see if I can't a little spin on it,

Only Kicking, Bitting and eye poking, Nocking out teeth will be the show, Please buy your tickets early the seats will go fast,,,:hysterical: :biglaugh:

I'm still looking at this APWA as an outfit that wants to divived and conquer the Teamsters unions efforts to organize us.

Just like the canidates in elections that know they have no chance to win.
But they get enough votes to make make a good canidate lose out.

What other real motovation can a no-name organization like them have?
You think they would do very good with just one trucking company?
Or are they going to try to organize all the other non-unions LTL trucking companies?

I'm still looking at this APWA as an outfit that wants to divived and conquer the Teamsters unions efforts to organize us.

Just like the canidates in elections that know they have no chance to win.
But they get enough votes to make make a good canidate lose out.

What other real motovation can a no-name organization like them have?
You think they would do very good with just one trucking company?
Or are they going to try to organize all the other non-unions LTL trucking companies?

This move by kansas, Not necessarily the people who man the terminal, but the so called union itself, is pursueing a vendetta against UPS, in such a fashion that it could melitiously kill UPSF.

If they decide to strike, what do we do.
If thier bennies are better what do we do.
If they sink what do we do.

This company should be united, but unfortunatly the greed factor is showing, it is a sad state of affairs. And where are these terminals in small package who wanted this union, please enlighten me, it would stand to reason if there was there would be more terminals calling the NLRB, Unfortunatly I do not see this happening.

We have a democratic future, by voting in the teamsters and keeping communication abreast we could have a bright future by putting the correct tools inplace.

Trucking boards for example. By letting in the APWA it will be division for the worst, a wise man once said " ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country".

I say " ask not what the teamsters can do for us, but what we can do too the teamsters". Scince 2003 or 2004 Danny and van have been loosing, so they go to the new entity, and tell them what kind of shatstorm they can do for us, bewilder a few people knowing these people where not Teamster favored to begin with, and took advantage of a certain few, and at what cost, our future.

All for a vendetta, this move in itself is irresponsible, in order to beat the system you have to play the same game, not change the rules, at the cost of hard working people.UPS does not recognize the APWA, and I hope they fight them until they wipe the letters off of the rosta.

whaqt a joke

Recently IBT Local 769 in Miami challenged Jimmy Lotts, a local UPS'er in Miami who is also an APWA national Vice-President, to a debate. So for all of you who feel like you're getting the run-around from either side, here is the chance to see who can give you the best straight talk. The debate rules as proposed by the APWA are as follows:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Oxford rules for debating
[*]predominant moderator mutually agreed upon
[*]each part afforded a preselected number of press reps to be in attendance
[*]10 mutually agreed upon questions
[*]local media will cover and video tape the debate
[*]no audience will be allowed; the video in electronic form will be freely and widely available in unedited form
[/LIST]The APWA is awaiting the response from the national and local offices.

The official APWA response to the IBT challenge, which is being openly distributed, is available upon request. Please email me.
they were requested by the folks at the HRS terminal in Pa but would not do it. And I do believe in one of your post you stated that the APWA dont read this board.

I sure hope the employee's in KAN are smarter than that.

Well no offense to all involved but the majority is waiting for the teamsters in INDY. I am quite sure there is a few smart people in KANSAS aside from dorothy.

If it happens, I hope it works out. For those involved anyway.

they were requested by the folks at the HRS terminal in Pa but would not do it. And I do believe in one of your post you stated that the APWA dont read this board.
I don't see the problem here. You guys asked for a debate. It wasn't on your time table, but here is the opportunity. I would expect you guys to be ecstatic about this opportunity for exchange of ideas and arguements? And how more appropriate to have the debate closer to crunch time. We have our first election coming up in 5weeks.

With UPS having 450,000 parcel employee's you would think the APWA would stick to parcel. Why in the world would a labor union that is intended for parcel employee's ONLY try to organize a freight company. Unless they could not get enough parcel people to recognize there organization. I would think that this will turn out to be a nightmare for anyone in the freight side to try and get a fair contract that will cover them under all that is needed for ltl employee's. APWA has no experiance dealing with freight negotiations. I hope that any freight terminal that is going to elect the APWA, knows EVERY in and out that there is to know about freight negotiations and contract language, Other wise UPS will win the upper hand and the freight employee's will get the short end of the stick. APWA has no experiance in freight negotiations and UPS has plenty. Think about it!!!

With UPS having 450,000 parcel employee's you would think the APWA would stick to parcel. Why in the world would a labor union that is intended for parcel employee's ONLY try to organize a freight company. Unless they could not get enough parcel people to recognize there organization. I would think that this will turn out to be a nightmare for anyone in the freight side to try and get a fair contract that will cover them under all that is needed for ltl employee's. APWA has no experiance dealing with freight negotiations. I hope that any freight terminal that is going to elect the APWA, knows EVERY in and out that there is to know about freight negotiations and contract language, Other wise UPS will win the upper hand and the freight employee's will get the short end of the stick. APWA has no experiance in freight negotiations and UPS has plenty. Think about it!!!

Good point Buster, I posted something simular on another thread. Like I said, what about DHL or FEDEX? They handlle packages too. Seems to be a personal vandetta against UPS.

I was thinking the same exact thing BusterNite.

Nobody had even heard of the APWA until UPS bought Overnite and 99% of the posts here pertaining to the APWA are about Overnite. You would think the APWA cheerleader here would use the UPS forum to help his cause just as he's used the Overnite forum. Unless, this whole APWA thing is nothing more than a scheme to derail the Teamster organizing drive at UPS freight. HHHMMMMM.

Why would a so called union bypass the chance to represent almost half a million people and focus on 15,000 instead?