TForce | APWA challenged to debate by Florida IBT local

Nothing But B>s Double Talk

I don't see the problem here. You guys asked for a debate. It wasn't on your time table, but here is the opportunity. I would expect you guys to be ecstatic about this opportunity for exchange of ideas and arguements? And how more appropriate to have the debate closer to crunch time. We have our first election coming up in 5weeks.
DOUBLE TALK talks again folks. Here was the orginal request ;
Originally Posted by local776
There has been a request from UPSF employees for both APWA and Teamsters local776 to have a open face forum
------------------------------------------
Teamsters have chosen to have the
Meeting place at the Holiday Inn (Wanda's) in MECHANICSBURG PA
The APWA can pick the day and time, Teamsters will pay for meeting hall.
No need for guards or law enforcement all are welcomed.
Topic will be a open forum, audience will be asking question to each the APWA and TEAMSTERS.This invitation was over six months ago and still nothing.
Here is one of NOSPINZONE post replys.
Originally Posted by nospinzone If you guys want a debate then call Danny or Van and ask for one. Send them an email. Have your local type up an official request to have a debate on their letterhead and send it to the APWA's address. That would be the professional way to go about it. But a webboard is not the place to issue an invitation for a debate. Hoffa doesn't go to web boards and neither does Van or Danny.Let me repeat this again since you guys don't catch stuff the first time around..... Call/email/mail the APWA to express your interest to have a debate between the APWA and IBT.
-----------------------------------------
APWA challenged to debate by Florida IBT local.NOspinzone post
Recently IBT Local 769 in Miami challenged J.L, a local UPS'er in Miami who is also an APWA national Vice-President, to a debate. So for all of you who feel like you're getting the run-around from either side, here is the chance to see who can give you the best straight talk.
The debate rules as proposed by the APWA are as follows:debate rules as proposed by the APWA are as follows:
1. Oxford rules for debating
2.Predominant moderator mutually agreed upon
3.each part afforded a preselected number of press reps to be in attendance
4.10 mutually agreed upon questions
5.local media will cover and video tape the debate
6.no audience will be allowed; the video in electronic form will be freely and widely available in unedited form
The APWA is awaiting the response from the national and local offices.
---------
NOTICE the DIFFERANCE

more to come

DOUBLE TALK talks again folks. Here was the orginal request ;
Originally Posted by local776
There has been a request from UPSF employees for both APWA and Teamsters local776 to have a open face forum
------------------------------------------
Teamsters have chosen to have the
Meeting place at the Holiday Inn (Wanda's) in MECHANICSBURG PA
The APWA can pick the day and time, Teamsters will pay for meeting hall.
No need for guards or law enforcement all are welcomed.
Topic will be a open forum, audience will be asking question to each the APWA and TEAMSTERS.This invitation was over six months ago and still nothing.
Here is one of NOSPINZONE post replys.
Originally Posted by nospinzone If you guys want a debate then call Danny or Van and ask for one. Send them an email. Have your local type up an official request to have a debate on their letterhead and send it to the APWA's address. That would be the professional way to go about it. But a webboard is not the place to issue an invitation for a debate. Hoffa doesn't go to web boards and neither does Van or Danny.Let me repeat this again since you guys don't catch stuff the first time around..... Call/email/mail the APWA to express your interest to have a debate between the APWA and IBT.
-----------------------------------------
APWA challenged to debate by Florida IBT local.NOspinzone post
Recently IBT Local 769 in Miami challenged J.L, a local UPS'er in Miami who is also an APWA national Vice-President, to a debate. So for all of you who feel like you're getting the run-around from either side, here is the chance to see who can give you the best straight talk.
The debate rules as proposed by the APWA are as follows:debate rules as proposed by the APWA are as follows:
1. Oxford rules for debating
2.Predominant moderator mutually agreed upon
3.each part afforded a preselected number of press reps to be in attendance
4.10 mutually agreed upon questions
5.local media will cover and video tape the debate
6.no audience will be allowed; the video in electronic form will be freely and widely available in unedited form
The APWA is awaiting the response from the national and local offices.
---------
NOTICE the DIFFERANCE

APWA DIDNT WANT A OPEN FORUM>
THEY DONT WANT A FACE TO FACE SO EMPLOYEES COULD ASK QUESTION
THE LIST CAN GO ON

APWA DIDNT WANT A OPEN FORUM>
THEY DONT WANT A FACE TO FACE SO EMPLOYEES COULD ASK QUESTION
THE LIST CAN GO ON

Very interesting. Looks like the APWA has no desire to be put on the spot and have to answer questions from potential new members. Looks like the only questions they will answer are ones they have preselected. What are they trying to hide?

Steve, call the APWA a popsicle stand if you like. But within 40 days this popsicle stand will probably be chosen by the workers in KC as their CBA.

Oh, and if they do......howwwww long do you think they will be strung along in negotiations? If they thought the IBT/UPS negotiations were slow!!! :hysterical: Good luck at the bargaining table. I can see the momentum sweeping now across the country!!! :biglaugh:

Maybe this is just speculation on my part?
But didn't this APWA get its start because the founders had a vindita against the Teamsters union?

Now unfortunatly the Teamsters organizing efforts are taking so long to materialize.
That this no-name organization is looking to start dividing,and conquering the ranks of UPS Freight.
If they are sucessful in getting some of our terminals to sign on with them,maybe they won't get all of UPS Freight to join them.
But it will be defeat for the Teamsters to be our total companys bargaining agent.

In other words my question is are these efforts of the APWA to totaly organize UPS Freight?
Or are they just trying to overthrow the efforts of the Teamsters to organize our intire company?

In my opinion it looks more like a war in the minds of the APWA,seeking revenge,then an effort to help all of us workers at UPS Freight to become unionized?

The APWA got started BY Van S and Danny E.They were sick of the people in the south getting screwed out of their retirement.These people should have been getting $7,000 a month, but the teamsters thought there years of service was only worth $3,000 a month. But I guess that's just because they pissed all the funds AWAY!! And this is your beloved IBT!:funky:

The APWA got started BY Van Skillman and Danny Eason.They were sick of the people in the south getting screwed out of their retirement.These people should have been getting $7,000 a month, but the teamsters thought there years of service was only worth $3,000 a month. But I guess that's just because they pissed all the funds AWAY!! And this is your beloved IBT!:funky:

That's not why, it's because of no more 30 and out. Van fell short of the cutoff in the 2004 restructure. There your boys, you should know that.

The APWA got started BY Van Skillman and Danny Eason.They were sick of the people in the south getting screwed out of their retirement.These people should have been getting $7,000 a month, but the teamsters thought there years of service was only worth $3,000 a month. But I guess that's just because they pissed all the funds AWAY!! And this is your beloved IBT!:funky:
The south has it's own fund? And the Teamsters thought?

For your information, the Teamsters doesn't set parameters for any of the pension funds. That is done by the Board of Trustees for each fund...
Where do you get this illusion that people in the south were ever entitled to $7,000 a month in pension pay-outs? All freight, parcel and carhaul Teamsters that started their service in the south are in the Central States Fund. There is no seperate fund for Teamsters in the south...
I suggest that you take some time to investigate your rhetoric before you make it public record... Maybe a little education on the subject would help also...

The south has it's own fund? And the Teamsters thought?

For your information, the Teamsters doesn't set parameters for any of the pension funds. That is done by the Board of Trustees for each fund...
Where do you get this illusion that people in the south were ever entitled to $7,000 a month in pension pay-outs? All freight, parcel and carhaul Teamsters that started their service in the south are in the Central States Fund. There is no seperate fund for Teamsters in the south...
I suggest that you take some time to investigate your rhetoric before you make it public record... Maybe a little education on the subject would help also...

he got this off the apwa site, what they
(parcel) would have if apwa was in charge of the pension for the last 30 years.

hes just skimming over the so-called info.

Well at$5000 a month thats $60,000 a year.
If you can live at least 10 years on retirement.
Thats a whole lot of money to pay out,and this is per only one worker.
No wounder the Teamsters didn't want us UPS Freight workers in their NMFA contract.
If we older folks were to retire after the 5 year vestment period,then their pension fund would really go broke.

APWA-Association of Parcel Workers of America? Maybe you all should have taken some time to come up with a better and more original moniker...
The first time I ever seen any APWA material on the street I thought, "what in the hell does the American Public Works Association want to do with a bunch of truck/parcel workers"?
Since you have brought your campaign to this forum, I have a few questions that maybe you would like to answer for the audience...
What is APWA's platform on grievance procedures for this "contract" that APWA is going to fight for? What will be APWA's plan for obtaining work rules and dispatch procedures for these newly acquired members of your organization? How will APWA enforce contract measures? How will APWA maintain justice and dignity in the workplace? How will APWA protect their members best interest?... etc. etc. etc...

All I've seen and heard from APWA is some sabre rattling over pensions and insurance. What's the game plan for the rest of your obligations and responsibilities to the membership?

We're waiting, with baited breath, for your response...
Inquiring minds want to know...