TForce | APWA challenged to debate by Florida IBT local

Heres one more since we are woundering what the APWA can do for us.

Will the stewards be paid by your union,for their effort of being the go between for their members protection,against the companies not honoring contract language?

Heres one more since we are woundering what the APWA can do for us.

Will the stewards be paid by your union,for their effort of being the go between for their members protection,against the companies not honoring contract language?

Let's face it. As far as I'm concerned if it's not good enough for the majority of UPS. Then it is not good enough for UPSF.

They know they can't get them so they are coming after us. What does that tell us.

If we are going to be union then let's be with the only union that has been here for the truckers from the beginning. Good or bad for better or worse it's the teamsters not APWA.

Feeder drivers out west.

I ask feeder drivers out west about the APWA and they just laugh. Or look real disgusted.:hysterical:

Let's face it. As far as I'm concerned if it's not good enough for the majority of UPS. Then it is not good enough for UPSF.

They know they can't get them so they are coming after us. What does that tell us.

If we are going to be union then let's be with the only union that has been here for the truckers from the beginning. Good or bad for better or worse it's the teamsters not APWA.

100% agree!!!!!:1036316054:

I ask feeder drivers out west about the APWA and they just laugh. Or look real disgusted.:hysterical:

I have not found one ups parcel employee that has even heard of the APWA and they are sapposed to be a UPS parcel labor union?? How many people have heard of the teamsters. :1036316054:

Same up here in the Northeast. When I run with one of them on occasion I'll ask them the same thing. Their reply Apwhooooo. The only APWA supporters I know are the ones that always said they hate the union & teamsters. But now their trying to start a union themselves. Go figure.

No COMMON SENSE. That's all I have to Say.

APWA-Association of Parcel Workers of America? Maybe you all should have taken some time to come up with a better and more original moniker...
The first time I ever seen any APWA material on the street I thought, "what in the hell does the American Public Works Association want to do with a bunch of truck/parcel workers"?
Since you have brought your campaign to this forum, I have a few questions that maybe you would like to answer for the audience...
What is APWA's platform on grievance procedures for this "contract" that APWA is going to fight for? What will be APWA's plan for obtaining work rules and dispatch procedures for these newly acquired members of your organization? How will APWA enforce contract measures? How will APWA maintain justice and dignity in the workplace? How will APWA protect their members best interest?... etc. etc. etc...

All I've seen and heard from APWA is some sabre rattling over pensions and insurance. What's the game plan for the rest of your obligations and responsibilities to the membership?

We're waiting, with baited breath, for your response...
Inquiring minds want to know...

Go to a APWA meeting, maybe you'll find out!Or do you just put all your eggs in one basket?:smilie_132:

I was thinking the same exact thing BusterNite.

Nobody had even heard of the APWA until UPS bought Overnite and 99% of the posts here pertaining to the APWA are about Overnite. You would think the APWA cheerleader here would use the UPS forum to help his cause just as he's used the Overnite forum. Unless, this whole APWA thing is nothing more than a scheme to derail the Teamster organizing drive at UPS freight. HHHMMMMM.

Why would a so called union bypass the chance to represent almost half a million people and focus on 15,000 instead?

Go to the website- BROWN CAFE. See how many IBT fans there are there!

With UPS having 450,000 parcel employee's you would think the APWA would stick to parcel. Why in the world would a labor union that is intended for parcel employee's ONLY try to organize a freight company. Unless they could not get enough parcel people to recognize there organization. I would think that this will turn out to be a nightmare for anyone in the freight side to try and get a fair contract that will cover them under all that is needed for ltl employee's. APWA has no experiance dealing with freight negotiations. I hope that any freight terminal that is going to elect the APWA, knows EVERY in and out that there is to know about freight negotiations and contract language, Other wise UPS will win the upper hand and the freight employee's will get the short end of the stick. APWA has no experiance in freight negotiations and UPS has plenty. Think about it!!!

THEY DONT WANT TO DEBATE WITH FREIGHT.

So what part of the country knows about the APWA?
I ask parcel drivers on my route,and they say they don't know anything about them?

I think I've asked this question sometime ago,but can't recall getting an answer?

Whats going to happen to this upstart organization if the two top guys bail?

Sounds like they are getting on in years.
They may just say the heck with this losing battle,and put in for their Teamsters pension,then kick back,to enjoy their sunset years.

Is there enough officers to keep going?

We just hear about Dan,and Van I think thats the head guys?

Oh yeah I don't want to leave out the union busting lawyer on the payroll.

By the way as long as I'm thinking along these lines.
Do they have any local union halls like the IBT?
I know most major US cities have local Teamster offices,with a local president,VP,business agent,treasurer,and clerical workers,all to take care of local contract issues.

I know when I was a Teamster member I'd only have to call my local Teamster hall to get answers to contract issues I thought my company was violating,and the business agent would address them right away.

Would we all have something like that system with the APWA?

No. It's free. Do you want me to send you 1?I still have about 20 in my lunch box. But hurry there going quick:nutkick:

Talk about propaganda, comrade. The only way they are going quick is if your using them as napkins at lunch time.

The $150 is to be a bogus founding member. There are fools that actually paid for this, I know of two.